Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

EECU- Underwriters with a brain!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

My wife and I found a certified 2015 Highlander. Penfed outright denied us for the loan, due to a 2011 Ch 7 BK,  their silly internal credit score and a couple of medical collections. Recon didn't even work. This was regardless of the fact that we make $150,000/yr and have no other debt, besides a small mortgage payment.

DCU approved us at 4.5%. RBFCU approved us at 5.03%. EECU asked about the 2011 BK and the medical collections and were pleased with the explanation. They then approved us for 48 months at 3.05%, the lowest rate they offer (for "prime" buyers). Our credit score doesn't indicate it, but we are PRIME buyers. We've already paid off a loan with EECU since our BK.

It's refreshing to deal with a credit union where they actually have people who THINK. They will have a fully fulfilled loan in 12-18 months. Kudos to EECU!

#2 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 51,294 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

congrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

congrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

#4 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 77,648 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

nice!!

#5 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

nice!!

Thanks! i told Dave "screw you". What is the difference between saving up the money to buy a new vehicle in cash or financing with a low rate? Besides the fact that we'd have to keep driving a piece of junk until we have the cash saved up!

#6 CTSoxFan

CTSoxFan
  • Mod Squad
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

nice!!

Thanks! i told Dave "screw you". What is the difference between saving up the money to buy a new vehicle in cash or financing with a low rate? Besides the fact that we'd have to keep driving a piece of junk until we have the cash saved up!

Congrats on the purchase.  A perfect example of why you should consider all options when making a financial decision.

#7 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

nice!!

Congrats on the purchase.  A perfect example of why you should consider all options when making a financial decision.

Thank you.

#8 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

I'm sure they would be even happier if you paid the loan through the whole term!

#9 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'm sure they would be even happier if you paid the loan through the whole term!

LOL. I agree. I want to pay it off within 12 months. Debt does something to me.

#10 mendelssohn

mendelssohn

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper VI

• Members
  • 28,068 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

Congrats!

FYI, that PenFed score is a NG2 EQ FICO, not an internal score.  Of course, nobody else uses it.  :lol:

#11 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

Congrats!

FYI, that PenFed score is a NG2 EQ FICO, not an internal score.  Of course, nobody else uses it.  :lol:

Thank you buddy! Yeah that score is frustrating, especially because mine is a 619 and EECU had me at a 726.

#12 johnnyt6

johnnyt6
  • Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:12 PM

this one? https://www.eecu.org/

Wanted to make sure, they denied a friend, 706 fico, good income due to bk in 2012.

#13 Daddy

Daddy
  • Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

this one? https://www.eecu.org/

Wanted to make sure, they denied a friend, 706 fico, good income due to bk in 2012.

Wow! That's them!

#14 mec

mec
  • Members
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

nice!!

What is the difference between saving up the money to buy a new vehicle in cash or financing with a low rate?

About 6.347% of the principal over 48 months ... and 1.658% over 12.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.