Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

It is funny how the stars align to utterly screw you.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

How literally any one thing in a day could be different, and everything would have been okay... But some how, some how, against all odds,you managed to be in the right place, at the right time for fate to utterly **** you with a sand paper condom and ghost pepper oil for lube.

If. If. Such a frustrating word. If... If i hadn't chosen to work an hour over because i felt bad about always leaving early. If. I had not stopped to change clothes before getting behind the wheel. If. I had not stopped to get cigarettes for mom. If. I HAD stopped to actually go hunting my ridiculous looking divided toe jogging shoes. If. I hadn't stopped to get a protein bar and an energy drink at the truck stop. If. I had stopped at the Malmart to hunt a new hoodie as I'd been planning. If. If. If. IF I had been driving five miles faster, or five miles slower... Oh............. And if there hadn't been a dipshit dickhead farm boy acting like an salamander. If any one of those details had been just slightly different. Just ever so slightly different, just, one of them. Any of them. Nothing would have happened....

But as, one by one, they fell into place, the events conspired to have me driving down a dark highway just south of Hazelhurst next to an old cotton farm, where at exactly this moment, some friggin' yahoo in a 4x4 dune buggy just happened to notice a deer in his moms field, and rather then leave it the *Admin removes vulgarity* alone, instead decided to chase after it like a dog chasing a squirrel, with about the same level of intelligence too. Even had puppy dog eyes when he realized how bad he done screwed up. So. As the stars collided, I happened to look to my side to see lights flashing and bouncing and bumping as over hill and dale the derp chased the durr, and had enough time to think "WHAT THE FUUUU" before BOOM. A deer in the darkness broadsides my driver side door, having been chased into me by the dickhead in the buggy who'd been having a GOOD old time until just then....

Then i get a person on the phone who spends over an hour telling me her life story (she lived on a farm, she had goats, ducks, and use to have a cow but she dried up and is now being used by a neighboring farmer for breeding, she can't see out of one eye and can't drive at night, her father in law passed away last week and her mother was recently placed into a nursing home because she and her daughter, a paramedic, could no longer take care of her, they go to church every sunday but she usually ends up falling asleep, not her fault and she's sure god forgives her. She's irritated because someone has been killing boar in the woods behind her land and leaving the corpses stacked beside the road for some reason, she prefers to work at night because she's an insomniac) when the call is supposed to only take about 15 minutes.

Then the tow truck takes my car but tells me i realllly need to just stay home because they don't have a waiting room at the collision center, so i call enerprise "they'll F you up!" rent a car, and they're like "sure, we'll send someone out soon." then an hour later they're like "but we don't even have you on the list for today. okay, we'll be out by 4." call at 16:30 "we don't have any cars right now, call back after 5." 17:30 "we're closing, call back tomorrow" Can I arrange in advance a pickup at 3 pm? "No we don't prearange pickup times, you'll have to set it up tomorrow" But you  have me definitely down to hold a car for me? "uhh.. yeah.." What's the name on my insurance company's reservation for me? "It's uhh, you said.." I didn't tell you my name or claim number this time. You literally didn't even check to see if you had a car for tomorrow did you? "Look we're closing call back tomorrow." Enterprise. They'll F you up.

So I've head a double hernia surgery this year that had me crippled the whole summer. I've been dealing with taking care of all my grandmother's business as her care giver, taking her to doctors appointments, and physical therapy, literally every day of the week I've got something else i gotta deal with, then I get to deal with a tree falling on moms house, and get to deal with the insurance company cause she can't understand them, and deal with a roofer who makes me feel like i stole something if I have to change start date of getting the roof re-shingled, I deal with entitled jerks every single day at work, worried that my boss is starting to not see me as necessary anymore, I have to work out what they want from me about this health care bill because some salamander is tampering with the system, I chipped a tooth and have to find time to deal with that and now let's just throw dealing with an Flower Pot driving a terror maddened deer head long into my car, sure just add a bit more gasoline to the fire, what can it hurt at this point....

The car still drives so I'm hoping they won't try and pretend it's "totaled" but it depends on how much repairs will cost.The body guy wants me to sign something so he can get started on it..which... i need a car from enterprise to get there to do that... so i assume if he is even bothering then he doesn't feel too worried about it.........hopefully.............

FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.FML.

Oh. Oh. And because I spent like half an hour on the ground in a truck stop parking lot having to rig the wheel well liner so it wouldn't rub against the tire while i was driving so i could get home, because of that, now i smell like a dog. Seriously. Did they get like a thousand dogs to just roll and roll and roll all over the parking lot until the whole thing stank of them?

#2 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

And you didn't tell me this today?

Seriously?

#3 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

I've been dealing with it all day.

#4 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Besides. You have trouble hearing over the phone. And you really wanted me to text all of that to you? I could have started five hours ago and I'd still be at it...

#5 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Did you at least stop at the scene and have a police report made?

Yeah, yeah, usually one doesn't stop (unless the vehicle is disabled), but since someone was chasing the deer, they are partially at fault (civilly...or if you had been killed, criminally neglegent) 

#6 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

I called the insurance company at the scene... They said that there was no point in getting a police report if nobody was injured. Got the guy's address and name anyway. Well, sigh, first name, Scott. 

#7 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

Anyway, his version of events is that he was trying to scare the deer away from the road. And. Being a country boy, with country cops, what do you think they're going to write down?

#8 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

So my Spidey senses were right to be freaked out when I saw some random address on a text message from you.  

#9 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

I imagined you at some strange place where you felt in danger and texted me your last known locations so that I would know where to send the cops as a starting point if you disappeared.

And yes, mothers think like that.

#10 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

Probably. I thought about not sending it but didn't need to lose the draft so... 

Anyway. The insurance company does not consider him at fault that the deer charged at my car even if he was chasing it. I could sue him, but the amount I'd actually get and the actual you know...process... and getting a lawyer, what's the point. IF I won, the lawyer would take what ever i won, I might even end up in the hole... As long as they don't write my car off as totaled, I don't care, and even if they do, it's kinda an exercise in futility.

And yes I figured that's what you were going with, like, "halp, axe murrdurrur, the ax murder isn't so bad, it's the fact that he keeps making puns about axing me a question, please make him stawp"

#11 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,539 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Echo, my Mom was the same way, and I was in my 50's. If I was late, she'd be close to filing a missing person report. Y'all need one of those secret emergency passwords that means "call the police my life is in danger" so if the secret emergency password isn't in the text, she can relax. :D

Oh, and sorry about your very bad day. 

#12 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,743 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

If your insurance company is worth a damn, they they will go after numbnut's carrier and settle for policy limit.  And if your insurance company ISN'T worth a damn, get one that is...even if it is only a Prius. 

#13 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 13,294 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

If your insurance company is worth a damn, they they will go after numbnut's carrier and settle for policy limit.  And if your insurance company ISN'T worth a damn, get one that is...even if it is only a Prius. 

Going to blame (in court) a guy for a wild animal running into your vehicle?  No insurance company is going to waste their time pursuing that.

#14 mrjuggalo9er

mrjuggalo9er

MyFico Terrorist

• Members
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Going to blame (in court) a guy for a wild animal running into your vehicle?  No insurance company is going to waste their time pursuing that.
The words act of "god" come to mind

Edited by mrjuggalo9er, 15 November 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#15 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

The words act of "god" come to mind

Why do I suddenly have the urge to sing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"? 

#16 mk_378

mk_378
  • Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

One ATV isn't going to be able to cause a deer to run toward an intended destination.   Herding animals takes a coordinated effort by several chasers.

#17 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Besides. You have trouble hearing over the phone. And you really wanted me to text all of that to you? I could have started five hours ago and I'd still be at it

Meh....Use the dictation function. It's easy.   Well, not for everyone, obviously, they need to create something for these hicks up here so that they can get their intelligent thoughts across.....

Oh, wait......

#18 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,539 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

That's not nice. :P

#19 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,539 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

A deer hitting a car is a unique claim for an insurance company. It has it's own category, it's paid (at least last I knew) from either the collision or comprehensive part of the policy. 

#20 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 13,294 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

A deer hitting a car is a unique claim for an insurance company. It has it's own category, it's paid (at least last I knew) from either the collision or comprehensive part of the policy.

If the deer was stationary it would be comprehensive. Since the deer was moving it's collision.

I learned that wiping out the front fascia of my M3 when a log fell out of a tree trimming truck. The log was bouncing so it was collision.

#21 spacemule

spacemule
  • Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

Echo, you're not related to Scott Salem the engineer, are you?

#22 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

USAA is worth a damn. The closest relevant analogy would be like he was using a sling shot to fire bowling balls across the highway and one just happened to hit a car. Reckless behavior contributing to the damage of a third party's property would be a criminal issue more than a civil issue, at least until the criminal part of it was resolved... If he had hit me with his little off road cart, that would be an issue. Chasing something into my car is not.

One ATV isn't going to be able to cause a deer to run toward an intended destination.   Herding animals takes a coordinated effort by several chasers.

I didn't say the guy was trying to make the deer run in an intended destination. I said he was chasing the deer. You don't really have to care much where the deer is going if all you're doing is chasing it around. I do not suspect he meant at all for the deer to hit me. Just he was chasing the deer. And that happened. He claims he was trying to chase it away from the road because he saw me coming. If that's true, well, it just proves your point that you can't control where an animal is going to go when you're chasing it.

If the deer was stationary it would be comprehensive. Since the deer was moving it's collision.

I learned that wiping out the front fascia of my M3 when a log fell out of a tree trimming truck. The log was bouncing so it was collision.

They called it comprehensive. I've been so busy I haven't had time to review the two kinds of coverage and see which would have been preferable...Either way they ruled it an event that was other than my fault because the deer hit me, not the other way around.. which apparently to them means comprehensive.

Echo, you're not related to Scott Salem the engineer, are you?

Negative on that, sorry.

#23 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,743 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Actually, valid claims CAN be articulated for proximate causation and proportional liability in which a good carrier will take steps to recoup their loss payout.  Most carriers would simply settle it for policy limit instead of trying to challenge the claim in court.  Happens probably every single business day.  And yes, I DO have a PI practitioner in my building who concurred in that assessment...we routinely mock the actions of some of the Darwin award winners in this world. 

In this instance, the acts of douche on a motorized vehicle contributed to the deer taking the path that resulted in property damage.  Echo would be in a position of having to show they had displayed proper situational awareness in an attempt to avoid said deer, but since they KNEW about douche on the ATV, that burden is relatively easy to show even if the evasive action left something to be desired (ordinarily, I might also recommend a professional driving course, but...it's a Prius and true evasive action skills are rare amongst drivers in that under-powered vehicle class). 

#24 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Hard to do evasive action when you don't see it until it is there and when it T-bones you.

The way I understand it, he didn't see the deer until it hit him, only the kid on the atv/golf cart/whatever it was who was away from the road.

Besides, I'm not really one to suggest evasive action when it comes to animals (I mean other than normal), More people are killed/seriously injured by trying to swerve out of the way of an animal than by actually hitting it.

#25 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Well.....one thing to be grateful for is that you were in Georgia....not in, say, Wisconsin or Minnesota.  
Up there, the deer would have just kept going, laughing all the while as your car is demolished...and there you'd be with deer prints all over your face because they are just disrespectful like that.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.