Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Bought an ATV Trailer problems ever since

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ovsims

ovsims
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

the dealer I bought my ATV trailer sold it to me as new but when I go to get it registered the lady tells me that I can't because it is titled to someone else. Back and forth with the dealer and in the end it was sold to someone who then registered it but I'm guessing they brought it back for what ever reason and the dealer put it back in inventory. I don't know the story gets muddy on that part. Is the trailer still considered new at this point. I don't know just trying to get others take on this.

#2 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

What did the dealer say when you asked for your money back?

How long ago did you make the purchase?

#3 mrjuggalo9er

mrjuggalo9er

MyFico Terrorist

• Members
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

It's called a false sale, illegal in most states. I've had it done to me...

#4 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 51,884 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

What State are you in that the Licensed Dealer does not have to do the registration paperwork for you?

#5 ovsims

ovsims
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

I'm in NC. I've been patient and have been trying to let them correct the problem. I was told that they were waiting on other buyer to come back and sign some papers. Then the bank has to remove the lien. Then they were supposed to be sending me a new MSO and some paperwork for me to take to the DMV but that hasn't happened. A guy called me on November 2 and told me he had sent it in the mail that day but then he calls me on Tuesday Nov 7th and ask if I got the trailer registered. I was like I don't have the paperwork yet. Then he says well I sent it certified mail and it show it was delivered and signed for on October 31st. I'm like wait you called me on NOV. 2nd and said you mailed it that day how can I have it on Oct 31st. So now they are suppose to be doing a trace at the post office. My patience is wearing thin at this point. And now I'm like if the trailer has been registered and titled before I buy it is it still considered New.

#6 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,537 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

Whoa! Something really fishy is going on. 

#7 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 51,884 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

North Carolina is an ELT STATE. http://www.northcarolinaelt.com/. With that system dealer can fix any bona fide issues. Maybe the link I posted will help you.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

#8 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,423 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

What did the dealer say when you asked for your money back?

How long ago did you make the purchase?

#9 mk_378

mk_378
  • Members
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

There's a word for trying to sell something that you don't have clear title to -- "fraud."  Get your money back and/or call police.

Edited by mk_378, 10 November 2017 - 09:24 AM.

#10 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'm in NC. I've been patient and have been trying to let them correct the problem. I was told that they were waiting on other buyer to come back and sign some papers. Then the bank has to remove the lien. Then they were supposed to be sending me a new MSO and some paperwork for me to take to the DMV but that hasn't happened. A guy called me on November 2 and told me he had sent it in the mail that day but then he calls me on Tuesday Nov 7th and ask if I got the trailer registered. I was like I don't have the paperwork yet. Then he says well I sent it certified mail and it show it was delivered and signed for on October 31st. I'm like wait you called me on NOV. 2nd and said you mailed it that day how can I have it on Oct 31st. So now they are suppose to be doing a trace at the post office. My patience is wearing thin at this point. And now I'm like if the trailer has been registered and titled before I buy it is it still considered New.

Whether its considered new or not is beside the point. You are being scammed. If the dealer is issuing a new MSO or Certificate of Origin, they're likely chopping off and welding a new VIN on the trailer. Get your money back or call the cops and go elsewhere. This has all the indications of ending badly on the side of the road where you're in cuffs and going off to jail because the VIN and paperwork on the trailer was falsified.

#11 Wildchilde36

Wildchilde36
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

I am assuming this is a "trailer" dealer.  Have you checked the vin on the trailer against the MSO that you were initially given?  Possibly they gave you the wrong trailer or something?  If not I would go and tell them they would be giving me a different trailer, one that's not been used and has a clean MSO.  Once it's titled it's considered used, whether it's actually been used or not. 

Otherwise like  MK said and it's fraud and like Indy said you can end up in jail.  The VIN should be stamped on the frame of the trailer behind the hitch but before the bed. 

#12 ovsims

ovsims
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

I didn't ask for my money back because I assumed it was an honest mistake I've never dealt with something like this before but it's really getting to that point now. When I took the paperwork to get registered the lady at the DMV told me to check the VIN against the MSO she was thinking the same thing. It was the same VIN. I knid of blew up on them Friday because they called me to give me the tracking number for the certified mail and told me that they did all that they were required to do and I have to call and find out where the mail is. That didn't go over so well.

#13 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

I didn't ask for my money back because I assumed it was an honest mistake I've never dealt with something like this before but it's really getting to that point now.

Honest mistakes are one thing, outright fraud is another. "Here's your tracking number good luck" is at the very least $#!tty business practices.

#14 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,423 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

I didn't ask for my money back because I assumed it was an honest mistake I've never dealt with something like this before but it's really getting to that point now. When I took the paperwork to get registered the lady at the DMV told me to check the VIN against the MSO she was thinking the same thing. It was the same VIN. I knid of blew up on them Friday because they called me to give me the tracking number for the certified mail and told me that they did all that they were required to do and I have to call and find out where the mail is. That didn't go over so well.

Return the trailer, get your money back, and start over elsewhere.

#15 ovsims

ovsims
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

Ok here's how it ended. I contacted the DMV and they looked into it. They contacted me yesterday and said everything had been cleared up and I can register the trailer with my original MSO. She said that the dealer had submitted the paperwork for the other buyer but the buyer backed out because of the financing so the trailer never actually got titled. And this I can see some truth in because they tried to get me to finance the trailer too. They contacted me after I got approved and want to have everything ready for me when I came to pick it up. I live over an hour away. They either wanted to fax or secure sign I can't remember which and I was like ok but what are the payments and they gave me a number to call and I can't make this up the person sounded like peggy from the capital one commercials. I asked peggy what are the terms and peggy told me I needed to put close to $1000 or so down and my payments were really high. I don't remember exactly but I'm thinking it was $130 -$140 for 24 months keep in mind the 7 x 14 Trailer was only $2300. I was kind to peggy when I politely told her to beat it. cause I didn't want to pay for two trailers. so if the other person never talked to peggy they may have been in for a big surprise when they went to get the trailer. So for now all is well that ends well. but thanks for all the help

#16 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,537 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

Excellent! We are good for moral support while tackling sticky situations. :D

#17 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,423 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Ok here's how it ended. I contacted the DMV and they looked into it. They contacted me yesterday and said everything had been cleared up and I can register the trailer with my original MSO. She said that the dealer had submitted the paperwork for the other buyer but the buyer backed out because of the financing so the trailer never actually got titled. And this I can see some truth in because they tried to get me to finance the trailer too. They contacted me after I got approved and want to have everything ready for me when I came to pick it up. I live over an hour away. They either wanted to fax or secure sign I can't remember which and I was like ok but what are the payments and they gave me a number to call and I can't make this up the person sounded like peggy from the capital one commercials. I asked peggy what are the terms and peggy told me I needed to put close to $1000 or so down and my payments were really high. I don't remember exactly but I'm thinking it was $130 -$140 for 24 months keep in mind the 7 x 14 Trailer was only $2300. I was kind to peggy when I politely told her to beat it. cause I didn't want to pay for two trailers. so if the other person never talked to peggy they may have been in for a big surprise when they went to get the trailer. So for now all is well that ends well. but thanks for all the help

:swoon:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.