Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Master List of Reasons People Don't Save Enough for Retirement

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,468 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

I'm putting this on the list of your wife's quirks.  

1 - RedPlum ad junkie
2 - Joel Osteen aficionado 
3 - Conspiracy theorist

I have the rest in the file cabinet.

The latest quirk - and it might end up becoming a due cause for legal action in divorce court - DW mentioned she now listens to DR on her way home from work. She mentioned she wants to attend one of his snak... I mean seminars.

Oh, no.  :(

#102 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

1 - RedPlum ad junkie
3 - Conspiracy theorist

The latest quirk - and it might end up becoming a due cause for legal action in divorce court - DW mentioned she now listens to DR on her way home from work. She mentioned she wants to attend one of his snak... I mean seminars.

Oh, no.   :(

Oh it will be so much fun.

"Oh, so you want to partake in a charlatan like DR? Fine."

*clickety click click click* [shutting down all of her AU cards]

"You may now live without credit"

#103 CTSoxFan

CTSoxFan
  • Mod Squad
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

1 - RedPlum ad junkie
3 - Conspiracy theorist

All you would be doing is costing yourself rewards...

I would just point out all the downfalls of living in a world without credit (risk of your funds vs. banks, higher insurance cost, car rental issues, inability to get a mortgage/car loan (or having to pay much higher rates)) and so forth.  If she can't understand math and logic, well then I hope she is a hell of a cook or a tiger in the sack.

#104 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

1 - RedPlum ad junkie
3 - Conspiracy theorist

I would just point out all the downfalls of living in a world without credit (risk of your funds vs. banks, higher insurance cost, car rental issues, inability to get a mortgage/car loan (or having to pay much higher rates)) and so forth.  If she can't understand math and logic, well then I hope she is a hell of a cook or a tiger in the sack.

That would be a no and a no. Hence my previous statement about cause for action in divorce court....

#105 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,468 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

1 - RedPlum ad junkie
3 - Conspiracy theorist

That would be a no and a no. Hence my previous statement about cause for action in divorce court....

Good lord.

#106 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 80,232 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

buying a lot of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. gifts.

Edited by hegemony, 12 November 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#107 mendelssohn

mendelssohn

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper VI

• Members
  • 29,450 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

buying a lot of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. gifts.

I was just about to post that. :good:

#108 mizliz1011

mizliz1011

Principessa

• Members
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

Reading this I will say that going to weddings between cabs, airline, hotel, food, and gift gets very pricey. Also now that I have procured a mod on my mortgage I will keep the credit monitoring until it goes through and then I will drop the credit monitoring and then soon thereafter the daily MyFico score watch. It is a good fraud watch. I did get an old zombie debt letter, first one in four years! I wonder if my mortgage reports if I will get more. It will be the last hurrah for the JDB. So I will add one to the list- women who color their hair. I let mine go gray and I figure at every six weeks max or so, ten x/yr, say $100/pop single process with wash or cut/blowout that's $750/yr. may we add colored nail polish which chips after three days so 52 weeks x 2/wk x $10 is $1040 plus tax and so total about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#109 mizliz1011

mizliz1011

Principessa

• Members
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

Reading this I will say that going to weddings between cabs, airline, hotel, food, and gift gets very pricey. Also now that I have procured a mod on my mortgage I will keep the credit monitoring until it goes through and then I will drop the credit monitoring and then soon thereafter the daily MyFico score watch. It is a good fraud watch. I did get an old zombie debt letter, first one in four years! I wonder if my mortgage reports if I will get more. It will be the last hurrah for the JDB. So I will add one to the list- women who color their hair. I let mine go gray and I figure at every six weeks max or so, ten x/yr, say $100/pop single process without wash or cut/blowout that's $750/yr. May we then add colored nail polish which chips after three days so 52 weeks x 2/wk x $10 is $1040 plus tax and so total about $1250/ yr before a pedicure. Wow. So manicures and hair coloring is a cool $2k/yr.

#110 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Various home shopping networks.

HSN, QVC, etc.

#111 CTSoxFan

CTSoxFan
  • Mod Squad
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Various home shopping networks.

HSN, QVC, etc.

And even more insidious, buying anything at a rent-to-own place (Aarons, RAC, etc)

#112 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 80,232 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

SCT

#113 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 80,232 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

"but my tattoos are who I am..."

https://www.washingt...d-lose-her-eye/

#114 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,468 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

"but my tattoos are who I am..."

https://www.washingt...d-lose-her-eye/

I think she has dain bramage.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.