Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

• Please log in to reply
8595 replies to this topic

#8526 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

This morning I logged into my Wells Fargo checking account and found the balance had been drained to $137...

... because I paid a credit card bill from the wrong bank account.   :swoon:

Close one.

I wrote a check (long story) from that account today for $231.  Glad I happened to log in...  
Does WF offer alerts for low balance functionality?

Probably, but I don't keep much money in this account, which means that the "low balance" alert would more often than not be an "overdraft alert," and it would be too late anyway.  I got lucky this time because it wasn't a big payment compared to most of them that I make.
If it were your NFCU checking with CLOC, you don't have to worry about overdraft or NSF fees. :-)

I've made an error large enough to create an overdraft a couple of times in my life, and I've always gotten the fees waived by calling and asking nicely.

Enneffseeyou does have a memberlicious feature on their checking accounts, though, where they prevent you from initiating an ACH pull from another bank into your Enneffseeyou checking account.  

They back that up with blocking mobile deposits for a period of time after you open a new account.  This is an unbeatable combination if you are looking for a checking account that won't let you put money into it.

#8527 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

This morning I logged into my Wells Fargo checking account and found the balance had been drained to $137...

Close one.

I wrote a check (long story) from that account today for $231.  Glad I happened to log in...  

Probably, but I don't keep much money in this account, which means that the "low balance" alert would more often than not be an "overdraft alert," and it would be too late anyway.  I got lucky this time because it wasn't a big payment compared to most of them that I make.
If it were your NFCU checking with CLOC, you don't have to worry about overdraft or NSF fees. :-)

I've made an error large enough to create an overdraft a couple of times in my life, and I've always gotten the fees waived by calling and asking nicely.

Enneffseeyou does have a memberlicious feature on their checking accounts, though, where they prevent you from initiating an ACH pull from another bank into your Enneffseeyou checking account.  

They back that up with blocking mobile deposits for a period of time after you open a new account.  This is an unbeatable combination if you are looking for a checking account that won't let you put money into it.
I think a few banks and CUs have this restriction for new customers.

I am changing my pay from account to Fidelity Cash Management account. Wonder how easy they are with waiving fees. I should probably delete old accounts I linked to pay from so I don't use them by mistake. Do they even have overdraft feature or similar on this account type?

#8528 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

Close one.

I think a few banks and CUs have this restriction for new customers.

I am changing my pay from account to Fidelity Cash Management account. Wonder how easy they are with waiving fees. I should probably delete old accounts I linked to pay from so I don't use them by mistake. Do they even have overdraft feature or similar on this account type?

Close one.

I know you don't like NFCU. So, I was just giving you a hard time. :-)
I don't use NFCU checking either.

#8529 mec

mec
  • Members
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

Close one.

I get nervous when I realize I was in a hurry when pulling a payment. I can never remember which banks I have linked multiple accounts to and which I haven't and it seems like the order those accounts are in in the drop down menu changes. I want the accounts linked so I don't have to wait to use them but sometimes I think it's going to allow for a mistake someday. I'm be more worried about squeezing a lemon off the creditor than the potential NSF fee.

#8530 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

Close one.

I get nervous when I realize I was in a hurry when pulling a payment. I can never remember which banks I have linked multiple accounts to and which I haven't and it seems like the order those accounts are in in the drop down menu changes. I want the accounts linked so I don't have to wait to use them but sometimes I think it's going to allow for a mistake someday. I'm be more worried about squeezing a lemon off the creditor than the potential NSF fee.

I try to rename my linked accounts so I know which is which. I use the format [Bank][Product][- Last 4 Digits].

Chase Total Checking - 9999
BofA Core Checking - 9999
NFCU Everyday Checking - 9999

Some account management sites don’t allow long names. In that case, I abbreviate the names.

#8531 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Close one.

This is the account that my personal discretionary money goes into every month (we each get a sum that goes into an individual account to spend without feeling obligated to discuss with the other).

Most of our cards are linked to both our household and to my personal account. TAD is too frugal to spend any of his, so I don't have his personal account linked to any of our cards.

#8532 mizliz1011

mizliz1011

Principessa

• Members
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Getting tired of every newscaster "unpacking" the latest drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8533 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

we each get a sum that goes into an individual account to spend without feeling obligated to discuss with the other

So you have accounts with Tinder and Scruff that don't get discussed? How can I get my wife to accept Filipina Cupid?

#8534 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

we each get a sum that goes into an individual account to spend without feeling obligated to discuss with the other

So you have accounts with Tinder and Scruff that don't get discussed? How can I get my wife to accept Filipina Cupid?

Not exactly what I meant, but I will say that if TAD hadn't won my heart I'd probably be coupled with a certain Pinoy biotech executive.  

Or that Pinoy nurse.  

Or...  

Well, you get it.

#8535 CTSoxFan

CTSoxFan
  • Mod Squad
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

I think cv is more of a Grindr kinda guy...

#8536 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Saw a nice 5 car pileup on the freeway yesterday. About 100m in front was the pickup that lost the box that must have caused the pileup. From the looks of the occupants/vehicle, I highly doubt they were insured enough to cover things.

Less than 30 seconds later I exited the freeway and saw guys picking up tables that had fallen out of a pickup on the freeway entrance side. Guess they were lucky they came out there rather than literally seconds later.

Quite bizarre to see two dumped loads so close to one another in both time and location.

Stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Konrad2012, 22 November 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#8537 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

Stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

you-cant-fix-stupid.jpg

#8538 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Safari for iPad needs an "Always Request Desktop Version" setting.  I have to request the desktop version of CB every day.  

With the mobile version of this site you do not these options when posting:

puhd0ch.png

I have the 12.9" iPad, so it's not like I don't have the space on my screen.

#8539 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Safari for iPad needs an "Always Request Desktop Version" setting.  I have to request the desktop version of CB every day.  

puhd0ch.png

So does Chrome. I have been using TapaTalk and rarely use a browser to check CB.

#8540 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

puhd0ch.png

So does Chrome. I have been using TapaTalk and rarely use a browser to check CB.

You kids and your apps.

#8541 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.
You should try it. For the reading and posting I do, it’s more than sufficient.

#8542 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

I've tried it on my phone.  Me no likey.

The screen on my tablet is only an inch smaller than my laptop's, and I strongly prefer a browser to an app on a device this size.

#8543 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

The screen on my tablet is only an inch smaller than my laptop's, and I strongly prefer a browser to an app on a device this size.
I don’t use my phone much for content unless it’s the only device I have with me.
Apps on iPad are improving.

Do you use an Apple Pencil?

Edited by credit_help, 22 November 2017 - 09:37 PM.

#8544 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

I don’t use my phone much for content unless it’s the only device I have with me.

No Pencil.  I also use my phone when it's the only device available, which is almost never.

#8545 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

No Pencil.  I also use my phone when it's the only device available, which is almost never.
I don’t have it either. No keyboard either.

#8546 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

TAD apparently decided to stop at the Admirals Club for a snack upon arrival at SAN this morning...Even though he knows I am waiting in the cell phone lot.

#8547 minnie aubre

minnie aubre

Boring Influence

• Members
  • 6,781 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

TAD apparently decided to stop at the Admirals Club for a snack upon arrival at SAN this morning...Even though he knows I am waiting in the cell phone lot.

Does he not like to eat turkey? :lol:

Yes, I entertain myself.

#8548 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND 800 credit

• Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

murophobia

#8549 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 30,516 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Any story with the word "favela" in it, especially if it's on NPR.

#8550 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Any story with the word "favela" in it, especially if it's on NPR.

NPR in general annoys me.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.