The last post in this topic was posted 5356 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Toyota is running 0% for 60 months on its 8 cylinder 4runners. The approval is for Tier I and Tier II customers - does anyone here know what Toyota considers as Tier I and Teir II?

I was under the impression that no manufacturers were doing 0% right now. That's always subject to change, of course.

Toyota is running 0% for 60 months on its 8 cylinder 4runners. The approval is for Tier I and Tier II customers - does anyone here know what Toyota considers as Tier I and Teir II?

I was under the impression that no manufacturers were doing 0% right now. That's always subject to change, of course.

i had been looking at 4runners earlier this year, and had a sales guy call me last nite telling me they were running 0% on v8's. here is a link on edmunds showing 0% for 36/48/60 months.

4runner V8 0% 36/48/60

I am F&I manager at a Toyota Dealership so I can help you out. Tier II is 680 or above. They used to only go by Experian but now they use Transunion as well. THey go by an Fico Auto Loan Score 2.  HTH

Out here in Utah I heard precisely the same thing, 680 is the cut off for Tier II at Toyota.

• 1 year later...

This IS very interesting...thanks OP for passing the info along!

To expand the question a bit, does anyone know if toyota blacklists? I included them in my BK7 6 years ago unfortunately, but would love to trade the wife's SUV for a 0% one!

i just applied online.... got approved for 0% for 48 months for 06 Highlander.... or 3.9% for 4 yrs on 07 Camry

I will find out my auto-enhanced scores when I get to dealership

So you were serious about getting rid of the Windstar...have you decided on what model you're going after?

i just applied online.... got approved for 0% for 48 months for 06 Highlander.... or 3.9% for 4 yrs on 07 Camry

So you were serious about getting rid of the Windstar...have you decided on what model you're going after?

yeah but Im gonna try selling the Windstar privately...

I wanted the Camry.... but it isnt practical.... so I went for the 0% 48 month deal on Highlander....

cept I just pulled CS and see the dealer has pulled 4 HARD INQs since this morning when Toyota already approved me....suffice to say someone's ear just got blown off.....If INQ isnt removed by morning, non-PP letter goes out and ITS follows in 3 days....

FWIW, Toyota pulled TU for approval this morning....

Dealer says he pulled cuz he was trying to get me a better deal ( I.E. I only got approved for $30K and he wanted to sell me the $35K top of the line...he SAYS he pulled to get me a better deal when I know he pulled to get me more $$)

He's called me 3 times this afternoon to see "what we can work out"

Not a DAMN THING....

yeah but Im gonna try selling the Windstar privately...

I wanted the Camry.... but it isnt practical.... so I went for the 0% 48 month deal on Highlander....

cept I just pulled CS and see the dealer has pulled 4 HARD INQs since this morning when Toyota already approved me....suffice to say someone's ear just got blown off.....If INQ isnt removed by morning, non-PP letter goes out and ITS follows in 3 days....

FWIW, Toyota pulled TU for approval this morning....

Dealer says he pulled cuz he was trying to get me a better deal ( I.E. I only got approved for $30K and he wanted to sell me the $35K top of the line...he SAYS he pulled to get me a better deal when I know he pulled to get me more $$)

He's called me 3 times this afternoon to see "what we can work out"

Not a DAMN THING....

It amazes me that any dealer would take a chance at running off a customer by pulling a shenanigan like this!

Hi ya'll, this is my first post.

My former employer's son-in-law was the finance manager for a major WI car dealership chain. He would occassionaly pull individuals(including his employees) credit reports just to be nosey and check them out.

It amazes me that any dealer would take a chance at running off a customer by pulling a shenanigan like this!

got home from dance class this evening to a message from the finance manager.... the very one I asked to speak with hours ago and was told that he was out until Wednesday.... he called 9:53pm EST according to my voicemail stating he received my fax and wants to go over a few things with me

If he wants to spit out that crap about INQs not hurting & such, its ON!

I will return his call tomorrow

ummmmmmmmm TEE, FWIW, I actually don't believe you will like the Highlander.

I've driven one for about 2 weeks now, and I am very very disappointed in it.

I dont know WTF to do...

The Windstar goes regardless....

Id like to keep the Civic but if I get a good deal on something else Id be willing to give it up

I need a family/weekend car

I cant afford to keep the Civic and get the Pilot or Highlander

my USAA approval is good thu Aug 18

my Honda approval @ 2.9 good til Aug 27

my Toyota approval @ 0% ( dpending on which car I get) is good til Spet 6

The last post in this topic was posted 5356 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.