Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The never ending thread

I like to cook, and by that I mean actual cooking from scratch ingredients. I use a spice blend that I mix together which is a hodgepodge of things like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, thyme, cayenne pepper, and oregano. It's sort of like Emeril's Essence, but they charge a crazy amount of money for the amount I want to use in my cooking so I mix it myself and try not to sneeze. I also use a lot of lemon zest and lime zest; the latter usually on fish, especially salmon.

I find that I prefer the taste of the zest in cooking to the juice, so I wind up buying all these lemons and limes and shave the peel off of them as I use them, and I can use what's left of the lemon to squeeze into a pitcher of iced tea that I make. But I have no idea what to do with all of these already-peeled limes, and usually wind up throwing them out.

I like to cook, and by that I mean actual cooking from scratch ingredients. I use a spice blend that I mix together which is a hodgepodge of things like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, thyme, cayenne pepper, and oregano. It's sort of like Emeril's Essence, but they charge a crazy amount of money for the amount I want to use in my cooking so I mix it myself and try not to sneeze. I also use a lot of lemon zest and lime zest; the latter usually on fish, especially salmon.

I find that I prefer the taste of the zest in cooking to the juice, so I wind up buying all these lemons and limes and shave the peel off of them as I use them, and I can use what's left of the lemon to squeeze into a pitcher of iced tea that I make. But I have no idea what to do with all of these already-peeled limes, and usually wind up throwing them out.

Tequila.

Yes, sometimes I do use them for alcoholic beverage purposes, though since they're already peeled they're not attractive wedges. The other thing I use them for sometimes is guacamole, but I haven't made that in a while.

Per dictionary.com

sandwich
[sand-wich, san-]
IPA Syllables
noun
two or more slices of bread or the like with a layer of meat, fish, cheese, etc., between each pair.

so... I'd say no since there are not 2 pieces of bread.

Speaking of sandwiches

B66GDhXCMAAqfDP.jpg

The brakes went out on dh yesterday, while he was out driving. We're just lucky it didn't happen when he was driving down any of the numerous large, steep hills we have out here.

What I don't understand is how this could have happened, because our car had just had its yearly inspection the day before! Don't they check brake fluid or the condition of the brake lines?

Dh got some brake fluid via a friend who picked him up and drove him to the local store. As soon as he put the brake fluid in, he had tension in the brake pedals. He put the fluid in, came home, and this morning he went out to the car to go to work, and a quarter of the fluid is already gone. We have an appt to get the car fixed tomorrow afternoon, the soonest they could get us in. Dh only works 3 miles away, but its all hills that he drives on to get there. I'm afraid of the brakes going out again. He did buy 3 bottles of brake fluid to get us through til tomorrow.

Dh has never had the brakes go out, and the experience really scared him at the time.He got under the car this morning and looked for the leak and he thinks he found it. Thankfully it's a brake line and not a master cylinder, whatever that is. Apparently it's expensive.

What I don't understand is how this could have happened, because our car had just had its yearly inspection the day before! Don't they check brake fluid or the condition of the brake lines?

Sounds like it was a pin-hole in the line. If that's the case, the hole itself may not have been visible, but the remnants of any previously lost brake fluid through said hole should have been visible.

This is why I don't trust maintenance on any of my vehicles to anyone but myself.

Make sure your DH doesn't spill the brake fluid on the paint... If he does, make sure he wipes it up immediately. Brake fluid is a great paint remover.

clc

It snowed. I'll have to be on the road earrrrly tomorrow to avoid the mess. I'm not pleased about this.

I don't know how you people live like that. My company keeps trying to get me to take a job in Chicago, and I can't.

Oh, something I learned today. The lane departure warning in my car goes NUTS when you're driving on a snow covered road. Everything looks like a line, so everything makes it beep and buzz constantly. Then I turn it off and I have an orange salamander light staring at me. I can't win.

It snowed. I'll have to be on the road earrrrly tomorrow to avoid the mess. I'm not pleased about this.

I don't know how you people live like that. My company keeps trying to get me to take a job in Chicago, and I can't.

I would think that snow would be the least of your concerns in Chiraq. Hell, the snow may be the best part!

So, the "On This Day" app on Facebook is interesting. Six (!!!!!) years ago today there was something on my FB about taking shots, and Giraffy and the other CB heathens turn it into a filth ridden cornucopia of smut involving my cucumber and some veggie drawers. THAT WAS SIX YEARS AGO?! I feel so old.

I would never live in Chicago, but it certainly isn't because of the snow. :wave:

Now, I only wish we could get some snow....sigh.

Welp, it's time to do a brake job on my ol' truck. I just did the brakes on it about ~20k miles ago, but I cheaped out and didn't replace the rotors because I was short on time, and swapping the rotors on this truck means pretty much tearing the whole front axle down to the knuckles. I kept saying I'd order all new parts and swap them out when time allows...but time (and funds) never allowed. Three years later, I've got one side with still good pads, while the other is pretty much gone. One Black Friday shopping spree later, I've got (52lbs worth of) a brand spankin' new pair of EBC rotors + Green Stuff pads to stuff in there sitting on my workbench in the garage.

I just put a full set of new tires on the truck weekend before last, and given that it's got over 200k miles on it (~40k since I got it), I'm sure it's ready for some new ball joints, too (the ball joints are about the only steering component I haven't already swapped, and I've had a brand new set of Moog Problem Solvers sitting on the shelf for 2 years now)...so, since it's really only one step past the rotors to also swap out the ball joints, I'll be doing that while I'm in there.

I'll be starting the work Saturday morning. If you guys don't hear from me sometime next week, it's probably because I managed to get myself squished under a 3 ton truck :rofl:

I was getting gas last night and realized I lost my gas cap. I must not have put it back on the time before. Who loses a gas cap? Sadly, this is the second time this has happened in about 5 years.

So, the "On This Day" app on Facebook is interesting. Six (!!!!!) years ago today there was something on my FB about taking shots, and Giraffy and the other CB heathens turn it into a filth ridden cornucopia of smut involving my cucumber and some veggie drawers. THAT WAS SIX YEARS AGO?! I feel so old.

I have no recollection of this so you're probably lying. :mellow:

I have no recollection of this so you're probably lying. :mellow:

You were probably on rum.

I was getting gas last night and realized I lost my gas cap. I must not have put it back on the time before. Who loses a gas cap? Sadly, this is the second time this has happened in about 5 years.

I managed to forget to put the oil filler cap on an old car of mine years ago. It used oil pretty bad (bad oil pan gasket), so I checked and filled it regularly. The next time I went to check the oil, I was like "WTF!?!?". Looked up, and there it was, stuffed in the insulation under the hood :rofl:

Welp, it's time to do a brake job on my ol' truck. I just did the brakes on it about ~20k miles ago, but I cheaped out and didn't replace the rotors because I was short on time, and swapping the rotors on this truck means pretty much tearing the whole front axle down to the knuckles. I kept saying I'd order all new parts and swap them out when time allows...but time (and funds) never allowed. Three years later, I've got one side with still good pads, while the other is pretty much gone. One Black Friday shopping spree later, I've got (52lbs worth of) a brand spankin' new pair of EBC rotors + Green Stuff pads to stuff in there sitting on my workbench in the garage.

I just put a full set of new tires on the truck weekend before last, and given that it's got over 200k miles on it (~40k since I got it), I'm sure it's ready for some new ball joints, too (the ball joints are about the only steering component I haven't already swapped, and I've had a brand new set of Moog Problem Solvers sitting on the shelf for 2 years now)...so, since it's really only one step past the rotors to also swap out the ball joints, I'll be doing that while I'm in there.

I'll be starting the work Saturday morning. If you guys don't hear from me sometime next week, it's probably because I managed to get myself squished under a 3 ton truck :rofl:

I survived. It took me two days to do both sides, but I got it done.

What a P.I.T.A. Now I know why I put it off for two years lol

Both of my vehicles don't have gas caps. It's called "EZ Fill". Little flapper on behind the fuel filler door.