Sign in to follow this  
Sultan

The never ending thread

Thanks, dear. I'm hoping I will. They stuff they gave me is going to take some getting used to. It's creamy yellow but tastes like cinnamon. :unsure:

Is it Nystatin? I'm sure they told you already but, if not, be sure not to avoid food or drink for at least 30 minutes after each time you swish and spit; otherwise, the medication will be washed away and won't have the chance to do its job. I do hope you feel better soon!

Yes, that's what it is. Vile stuff. I usually eat before I take it, then wait about 45min to an hour afterwards before I eat or drink again. I've only taken it three times. I hope it starts working soon.

I have been sick for a few weeks. Food not tasting good is the saddest :(

That is sad. Especially if you couldn't taste those cupcakes.

I have been sick for a few weeks. Food not tasting good is the saddest :(

That is sad. Especially if you couldn't taste those cupcakes.

I actually turned down the red velvet because I didn't think it was good. That's obviously a signal that I'm broken :(

Maybe frosty needs to run a half marathon and then a marathon the next day. It seemed to help me. :unsure:

I wish I could go back in time and change the stupid decisions I made.

It's just one of those days.

Sigh.

I may have inherited a house. A beautiful 1949 2-story. It was my Grams', and it appears no one else really wants it. So, I'm starting the process of bringing it back to its original 1949 charm. I started small...by moving the 1954 Coldspot chest freezer that my grandparents got for a wedding gift to a different wall. I've already started searching for the original, old school linoleum and designed a pattern with a border that goes around the rooms, since it's going to be a big square (kitchen flows into utility room, utility room flows into small bathroom, small bathroom flows back into kitchen). I am excite. Baby steps :)

Edited by Bad Doctor Frost

I may have inherited a house. A beautiful 1949 2-story. It was my Grams', and it appears no one else really wants it. So, I'm starting the process of bringing it back to its original 1949 charm. I started small...by moving the 1954 Coldspot chest freezer that my grandparents got for a wedding gift to a different wall. I've already started searching for the original, old school linoleum and designed a pattern with a border that goes around the rooms, since it's going to be a big square (kitchen flows into utility room, utility room flows into small bathroom, small bathroom flows back into kitchen). I am excite. Baby steps :)

Very cool! I would love to restore/remodel a house (at my leisure) someday. I remember when we were looking at rentals, I saw some real dumps and I couldn't help but think, "if I could get my hands on this place...!"

How exciting, BDF. What fun it must be to make plans to return the house to its original form. I'm sure you have lots of wonderful memories there. Enjoy!

It's pretty cool. There's some "updates" to undo...but it's basically a one-owner. My grandpa built it before my grandparents were married. It's also so unlike a 1949 in so many ways. The kitchen is huge (and mostly original, with the oh-so-1949 white wood cabinets!). The master bedroom is huge, with his-and-hers closets and a (small) en-suite bath.

I'm thinking something like this would work well in the kitchen/utility/bathroom area.

sheet-linoleum-01_zpsa9284b36.jpg

One thing I wish that was never "updated" is the laminate counters with the chrome edging...that was replaced about 10 years ago with the ugliest counters I have ever seen.

Not my photo, but these are the exact same "streamline" chrome door pulls in the kitchen.

StreamlineDoorHandle_zpse9b14ee0.jpg

This could consume a lot of time. :mellow:

My kitty has the hiccups while she's laying on her back in my lap.

I am overwhelmed by the cuteness.

Sometimes my husband makes the DUMBEST financial decisions. I know he's got reservations that when I get back to work things are going to change, and worried about how it will effect our relationship. Honestly though? Things ARE going to change. Im going to have my own damn money, and after I pay off my debts (school), I am doing what I want. Im sorry but I am not going to allow him to waste my money like he does his. I have a flippin PLAN. I want a GD house in the mountains, that we COULD have purchased three times over if we weren't always fighting to get out of debt. But no, he's gotta have a bass rig, and just can't wait to sell the stuff he needs to pay cash for it... he can do that later. And now? Yeah that bill is up to $1900. I can not effening believe it.

First, Mondays suck. :glare: I wanted french toast. I made french toast. I take a bite and something tastes...off. My bread is eleven shades of moldy.

But! Last night, I was hungry and craving a Whopper from Burger King. I pull up, hand the girl my card, and she comes back to the window and says "Has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes?"

My ego was eleven shades of inflated. :yahoo:

First, Mondays suck. :glare: I wanted french toast. I made french toast. I take a bite and something tastes...off. My bread is eleven shades of moldy.

But! Last night, I was hungry and craving a Whopper from Burger King. I pull up, hand the girl my card, and she comes back to the window and says "Has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes?"

My ego was eleven shades of inflated. :yahoo:

:lol:

Thats kind of sweet.

I applied for a job. A job that is 2 hours away. A job that is not the job I currently have. I'm not sure whether to be nervous, ecstatic, or the always-pessimist. :mellow:

Good luck, Angel! :good:

I have an interview at 8 a.m. I don't know yet if I even want this particular job, but I never turn down an interview.