The never ending thread

Umm. I dunno if #2 is seeking attention. She may be bored as isht. Obviously she's smart, obviously she CAN do the work... it sounds like she just doesn't want to. :dntknw: I'm kind of the same way. It's hard to motivate myself to do things I have no interest in, bore me, or otherwise make me want to act out. :lol: It's hard not to be lazy when you'd rather rip out your eyelashes. :(

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nem. :rofl:

This child is the definition of needy attention seeker. :lol:

She IS smart - on the state testing last year, she scored a perfect score on math, and 99-97 percentile in everything else. I'm SURE she's bored as hell, combined with lazy and unmotivated = a giant pain in the flowers for a lazy teacher. She's honestly just CHOOSING to fail.

Example: They have reading goals. Read X number of pages in a trimester, from a giant list of books. Take a 7 question quiz after the book is finished for the points. She has read, this month, 4 of the books. She took ZERO of the tests.

Wanted to clarify that I didn't mean the daughter was lazy (that's Giraffy's call), but the teacher seems lazy to me.

If she actually taught the class, maybe DD would have reason to shine.

Going through something similar with my grandson, but he's in 8th grade. Battled this since 3rd grade. He's just stopped trying. :sorry:

Wanted to clarify that I didn't mean the daughter was lazy (that's Giraffy's call), but the teacher seems lazy to me.

If she actually taught the class, maybe DD would have reason to shine.

Going through something similar with my grandson, but he's in 8th grade. Battled this since 3rd grade. He's just stopped trying. :sorry:

Oh, no. She's totally lazy too.

Which seems to make the combination of the lazy teacher and the lazy student exponentially worse.

So tonight, DH's band is playing their first gig. It's a "practice gig" at a private party. IN A DOUBLEWIDE TRAILER. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously. I'm not kidding. A doublewide trailer at the lake. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When I heard that last night, I almost peed myself laughing. Could we get anymore redneck?!?!?!?! And yes, I have to go, as I promised to go to his first couple of gigs. (well first with this band, he's played many in the past before I met him).

I will of course come update you all on how it goes. FB people can expect pics. The drummer's wife and I have agreed to limit ourselves to two bottles of wine tonight, so we can relish the ridiculousness of this moment in our husband's lives. We'll be awesome groupies, dont ya think? :grin:

At least they don't actually suck and play classic rock/southern fried (hey you gotta play to your crowd!).

I've been looking for a desk to replace the $4 thrift shop special I bought in college. I like classic midcentury modern things. I found one I like, and bought it. I knew it was big but...this thing is MASSIVE. It takes up half the room. But, I have so much more storage! It's 60" x 34"...I knew it was large, but I never realized how large it was until it got here. JESUS.

It looks exactly like this, but LARGER.

retro-blond-maple-desk-8.jpg

I'm gonna need a bigger house. :mellow:

Homeland Security is at my neighbors' house. And some cops. And the electric/gas company, and some guys with metal detector looking things. :unsure:

Innnnnteresting. do you know these neighbors?

Only that there are 4 or 5 of them, depending on relationship statuses, they are all 20-somethings, and the boss chick/sane one is a hairstylist named Hannah.

(And by neighbor, I mean the people living in the other side of our duplex. I wonder if my landlord knows??)

So, my mom owns rentals. One time, she found out she had a sex offender living in one of her units. How did she find out? She saw her building on the evening news. My mom didn't even have to evict them. When she called, their first words were "We know, we're moving..."

Fun fact: The name was Michael Jackson :rofl:

Maybe you should keep an eye on the news :mellow: