Sign in to follow this  
verbeek98

I comleted the puzzle

This time last year my credit was horrible. It had chargeoffs, collections, CCCA accounts, 120+lates, and not one working credit card (Except for a $300 CapOne joke). I thought all was lost in relation to my credit reports. Then I found this place and it changed me and how I was doing things. It showed me that I shouldnt have to wait but be aggressive and dont take no for an answer.

Here we sit a year later and I have completed my quest to get back into prime country. Now Im not done yet but I just got approved for the last piece of the puzzle. Now keep in mind my records still have a couple of marks that are being difficult to remove but Im still going.

In just over a year I went from a $300 CapOne to:

Citibank AAdvantage

Citibank Home Rebate

Chase Plat.

BestBuy

Corvette

Sears

AMEX Green Rewards

AMEX Blue

State Farm Plat.

Chase World Points

Bank of America Plat.

These total about 30K in limits. Now I know there are those with higher limits but after the mess I was in last year, I'll take it. I am not posting this to show anyone up , rather I am posting to show what can be done if you dont let them keep you down. They will kick, scratch, bite and pull hair but you have to do it right back.

Good luck to all and dont forget to show CB a little dontation love if you can spare it, this website...excuse me...community is the most wel deserved on the internet. :)

no wonder that giraffe's eyes are wigglin'!! Congrats, verbeek!

no wonder that giraffe's eyes are wigglin'!!  Congrats, verbeek!

That giraffe is as loony as VB... :)

CONGRATS VB!!!!!!!

Dont forget to mention that poretty new car ya got recently!

Awesome verbeek! This is great! could you do a parallel post in the Credit Board Success Stories I don't want to move this one, it should stay here but we'd also like you to post in there so we can log your success, maybe you could post a link to this one as well?

Thanks, and congrats again

Fabulous success story...and great motivation for others! Keep up the good work! :angel::blush:

This time last year my credit was horrible. It had chargeoffs, collections, CCCA accounts, 120+lates, and not one working credit card (Except for a $300 CapOne joke).  I thought all was lost in relation to my credit reports.  Then I found this place and it changed me and how I was doing things.  It showed me that I shouldnt have to wait but be aggressive and dont take no for an answer.

Hey Verbeek, I was wondering what was up with you. I missed the giraffe. :)

:beee::beee:

Congrats! That's amazing progress in a year. Thanks for posting, it really does help to know what you can accomplish if you stick with it.

I love that giraffe :beee:

outstanding story!

I have to ask, in brief, how did you do it?

that type of turn around in only a year is amazing to me, and I would love to find out how I can get on the right track.

Awesome!! I am just starting out, hope to have a story like yours next year at this time.

Congrats!!

:blink:

Hey verbeek, your story sounds a lot like mine. Maybe you can outline where you started off at, what you did, and how you got where you are. I know I can use a good success story to get my hopes up. Congrats!

Hey verbeek98, can you take a look at my post "Need Help" and or shoot me a PM on how you got into a better position in 1 year?

Thanks

Wayne