Sign in to follow this  
jckrssll

May Closings ALL ABOARD!

Yippee!!! Closing is May 27 and I'll spend my birthday night in my first home!! Home inspection next Saturday, can't wait. Is is okay for me to bring my measuring tape and a camera at that time? Yes, I AM serious...I need to figure out what I can move and what I want to sell before then... :clapping:

I'll jump on this train but I may hop on the April train next week! :clapping:

We are scheduled to close on May 25 but our lender said there is a special he is trying to get us. Close in April and get the loan for 6.8% FIXED vs.

7% FIXED. House is vacant- we set the far closing date to reap in one more month of free rent. Sooooooo......once we know we might bump the date to April 27!!!

Congrats on your home jckrssl- sounds like a whirl wind of events!!! What does it look like? Brag about the details!!!

And yes- I think it's okay to take measurements and photos at the inspection. I know I have in the past!!

Hi bought a 1953 updated Cape Cod home. It has been totally remodeled in the last 3 years. New windows, new mud room, new kitchen, (yes I get to keep the new appliances, new bath, french door out the back office into the yard, new hot water tank, fresh paint inside out, Hardwood floors throughout,on .2 acres. The couple who redid it are building so I have to wait 9 weeks to move but that's fine, I've waited 42 years to own a home, I can wait a lil more lol.

Wow....sounds beautiful!!!

We are into old too!! There is a TON of new construction on our area but we fell in love with a 4bedroom split level built in 1973. ( Older than ME!)

It has new windows, new carpet, new roof, new doors and a house fan!!!

The kitchen and bathrooms are original so they will have to be updated sometime in the future but nothing I can't live with now!! The only bad thing is there is not a lot of closet space so I am turning the smallest bedroom into a "dressing room".

DH is getting his garage and the bedroom downstairs will be converted into a "media room". Will leave us with our bedroom and a guestroom.

The place is big enough in case we decide on having kids but small enough where it doesn't seem too big for just the two of us. We made a mistake and bought a 2500 sq foot house last time- it was a monster!!! I think 1700 is just right!!!

Do you have pictures??? Did you get to haggle the price??

I have the same issue with closet space. I am going to add a closet and get some armoires..the price listed was $199,900 I first offered $190,000, Then they countered with $195,000 and said that due to the bid on the house they were buying that was the bottom line. I came back with $195,000 but wanted them to put gutters and drains on...they said yes! Thank god because the property was being shown to several people this weekend...and it is so gorgeous I am sure they would have gotten other bids.... I was preapproved to 200k and would have paid that for the place...when I walk in the front door I knew it was MY house!

Oh I know how you feel!! WE are in love with this house- it is everything we have ever wanted and has things we have only dreamed about!!! We stumbled across this house in early feb at an open house! We weren't even seriously looking!! :blink:

We dilly dalllied around for a month and a half and someone put an offer in but it fell through. It took 5 days to come to terms with our seller and DH and I got so fed up we walked away on day 2. After looking at 15 other properties we ended up reoffering- had a ton of problems getting the seller to commit to a deal on paper- they would agree to things and then write differnt things on the contract ( Did they think we wouldn't notice?) We finally told the seller we were pulling our offer for good that they could keep the house- within 10 minutes they sent the correct and final paperwork on Wedensday. ERRRRR :aggressive:

My agent said we are good to go now as long as the home inspection is good but I fear that it will be an uphill fight all the way. I am not packing anything for a while- luckily we are not on a time frame to get out of the apartment so even if the deal falls through at the last hour we have a place to live.

But between you and me ( and the other 46k people on this board) :blink:

I WANT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo, a topic I can post on daily... Our home search came about rather quickly. We weren't quite ready to buy, we were going to wait but things began to roll. We went to a new subdivision being built and loved it. Put a lot reservation down and went home. We had booked a 1st time HB seminar and wanted to at least attend and get some tips on different mortgages ie: hubby is in the Marines so VA was a possibility. Anyhow we were the only ones who showed up and had one/one with the broker. We ended up hooking up with her and long story short we were getting screwed.

My atty/friend hooked us up with a lender and here we are. Met the builder on March 3rd, chose our options and are due to close May 18th. Its a 3 bedroom colonial. Hubby chose two extra options, master bath and 2 car garage, I wanted a farmers porch and fireplace. We did a little compromising and I am not getting my fireplace now, they are putting in the job for it but we are going to wait. There are going to be 26 houses and construction is going like mad. We visit every Sunday and love going in and seeing what everyone else is choosing.

We are doing an 80/10/10 on a purchase price of 286500. Our 1st mortgage of 229200 is a 30yr fixed at 5.75 no points and our 2nd is for 28600 also 30yr fixed at 7%. The whole process since signing on with the lender has been painless. The builder is easy to deal with so far, letting DH do all the bathroom work and giving us a great credit for it. DH owns a flooring/kitchen remodling business and is a perfectionist when it comes to that type of work. So he is eager to do work on his own home as opposed to someone elses. We are crossing our fingers from here on will be just as painless. The only hurdle so far has been my old CO from Cap One which will need to be paid, but homeownership is well worth it~ Looking forward to hearing everyones stories and good luck~ K

lvn- I remember your story!! I was thinking NOT VA!!!

I bought my first house when I was 20 years old and used my VA rights. It was horrible. VA has all these special requirements- 3 days before closing the VA apparisal came back 13k LOWER than the purchasing price even though though all the other apparisals were 15k ABOVE the pruchase price.

I had no $$$$ and almost lost the house- but the seller needed his money out right away and lowered the price to give it to me. INSANE!!

It's such a shame the a benefit that people join the military for is not as good as they market!!

Well with any luck I will be in this group come Mon. I found a house and got a pre approval from one of the brokers here on this board!

We are hoping for a mid May clkosing so our 1st payment wont be due till july since I can't get out of my apt lease till the end of June.

I will post pics when I get back, going to meet with an agent now!

Your MLS # was at the end of the link that you posted. I just punched it in and it came up on www.realtor.com

PRETTY HOUSE!!!!! Love it!!

I'll post pictures of ours once I know it's gunna happen- went down today to measure the backyard and there was a Under Contract sign so I am breathing a little easier!!

Welcome eeyore

Dane,

We hear you on the VA way to many things involved. Our rate was better than the VA and we had money to put down so that wasn't a key factor for us.

Here is my shot at a picture

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd2...6108AcuGbVq3Ztc

If this works this is a home in the subdivision. We are going with the same colonial style, 2 car garage will be on opposite side of house. It has great views of a local ski mountain. We just went and completed our lighting list from the builder. We went waaaayyy past our allowance, we had four carts of lights at Home Depot and people were staring at us. But we had fun!

I'm hopping on the train too! =) I have been so busy that I didn't even see this thread until now! LOL!

Well, we close May 13th, have decided 13 is our new lucky number. Our son was born on the 13th and the new address starts with 13, so we picked May 13th as our closing date. =)

We are really starting to fall in love with the house we picked too. We had our inspection last Friday along with termite/radon as well. I had a contractor come for a repair that needs to be done after closing to the bathroom (and he is going to lay kitchen tile for me cheap!) and the Home Depot guy came to measure for new kitchen cabinets. We ended up keeping our down payment money to fix up the kitchen instead.

The house is a ranch, built in 1970 in the greatest neighborhood with all old growth trees and a terrific school for my daughter. It is a cul-de-sac road so not a lot of through traffic. It has 0.8 acres, nicely wooded. Hardwood floors throughout except the den which has new carpet, fireplace, and skylight (bathroom has skylight too, which I love!). The basement has been partially finished and we will need to do some work to it eventually, but there is a big laundry room and later we will have a nice computer/craft room down there. There is 1400 sq. feet upstairs and 600 in the basement finished. The kitchen originally turned me off of this place but then it occurred to me that I could FIX what I didn't like! It is a 3BR also.

The sellers were awful to deal with and I didn't like that part.

They found mold in the attic at our inspection and I just KNOW they will refuse to pay for the clean up. The contractor says he can clean and seal it, then we would put in new venting and the problem would be solved, but I just know that they will balk. They were SO unreasonable to deal with. They even took the mirror off the bathroom wall, you guys!!! That is my only worry right now really, is about that mold.

We just finished signing all of the loan docs for Countrywide today. We are getting this loan specific to our state like an FHA loan. We are locked in at 4.875%, although our amount financed ended up being more than we thought originally, the payment is still okay. We financed closing costs too. I am just praying that nothing goes wrong. The appraiser has already been at the house, but we haven't heard anything yet.

Just thought I would join in with our story!! I am so excited! (and scared!) And, also, I am 32 and I have 2 children ages 6 and 2.

Carrie =)

Well we should find out today if we are moving our date up-

it will either be May 25 or Apr 27

DH and I want to go ahead and move it up-gives the seller less chances to back out. These people are so wishy washy sometimes I wonder do they REALLY want to sell it????

I think sellers should have to put up earnerst $$$ too. I f I change my mind between now and then- I lose a grand. If they decide to void the contract, I can sue them in court?? WTF??? :aggressive:

Anyways- we will see- I hope to know a firmer date today. We found our media room furniture, kitchen table set and living room rug last night. I was amazed that one store had everything that we want. I refuse to order it though until closing is done and I have keys in hand- but I may go sit on it alot between now and then.

I shopped for paint this weekend and I think I am going with a RED kitchen- the entire house is earth tones and I want something a little spicer that will still fit in. The living room rug I found has earthtones with red in it so I think it will make a nice transition peice.

We close May 2. The inspection is all done, appraisal came back okay, AND we got the title work from the lawyer yesterday! Our mortgage broker emailed me this morning to tell me that "all conditions of the mortgage application have been cleared, with the exception of the homeowners’ insurance binder and paid receipt for one year’s premium." She told us that there's no hurry on that part, and to just have it done by April 20.

So now we just have to sit and wait til closing! The sellers asked for the May 2 date, since they are moving out of state. I wish it was sooner!

Well I put in the offer last night on This House

We are preapproved through one of the brokers on this board and through a local broker (see you guys taught me to shop around)

I am so nervous. We got this far last year and due to a horrible RA and Lender we lost our dream home. So here we are a year later with much better scores and a much bigger downpayment thanks to what I learned here on CB.

We asked for a closing of May 16(I felt the 13th was too unlucky for us).

So we should hear back tonight on their counter offer and then we will be off to the races.

I won't be able to sit still untill I hear tonight. :angel:

WOW.......eyeore its soooooooo pretty!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitchen- I am all about that room which is funny cuz I don't cook!!!

We are still waiting to here back about moving the clsoing date up. I thought I was the only person that picked days cuz it sounded good.. :dntknw:

eeyorefanatic~ my Mom lives in Gwinnett County, its so nice down there and your home looks beautiful.

How is everyone else dealing with the stress of waiting for closing? Its drivig me nuts, therefore I am sure I am driving everyone else crazy at work and at home. I just cannot help thinking the worst. I keep thinking something is going to go wrong. Does anyone else feel this way??

I read some of the March closing board and realized I am not alone. I simply cannot wait to know its definate. I dont even know when we should tell our landlord. We are hoping to get into full cleaning mode this weekend and get rid of all our junk. Mind you we did this three years ago when we moved into our current home. Somehow we managed to accumulate more crap. We are hoping and praying to see some real work being accomplished when we travel up to the lot this weekend. I think once we see our lot developing it will get me a bit more motivated.

Is anyone on the May closing dealing with Charge Off's that need to be taken care of prior to closing? I have a Cap One charge off and we haven't begun tackling the settlement offers with them yet. I know it has to be done but its killing me thinking of forking over 3300 to them when its due to fall off my CR this year.

Well I am off to try and choose our counter top colors, we rec'd the samples in the mail today from the builder.

K

We should be closing some time in May too!! Our house is being built and we are scheduled to close somewhere between May 11th and May 25th depending on when the builder gets done... we should have a "date" given to us within the next 2 weeks :blink:

Right now the house is sheet rocked, taped and textured.. it should get stuccoed this week!! Kitchen cabinets installed by Next friday.. then we will get our closing date!!

May is going to be a GREAT month!! :blink:

TB

I might have to jump on this bandwagon. I closed on 2 homes this month but was so busy I never rode the March Train. Choo chooooooo!

800s