Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Credit Protection Association (cable bill)

The last post in this topic was posted 5619 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Has anyone received proper validation from Credit Protection Association concerning a cable bill collection? Are these folks hard to get rid of?

Start with the simplest method: Dispute the item with the CRA which is listing the account. If your mailing address on that CR is different than your current address, then delete the old address BEFORE you dispute as NOT MINE with the CRA.

Personally, I make sure all prior addresses are off a report before I even dispute the first negative trade line.

Yes, I have found most utility bills very easy--layups, in fact. Most of them are pretty small dollar amounts, so the justification for the utility spending a lot of time and money validating them is limited.

Other people call these baddies " low hanging fruit " which can be picked on the first try.

DV'd them on the 14th (March). Still waiting to hear something. They did verify with the CRAs. Hoping that since they only want $23.00 they will go quietly away.

CT

I had an old cable bill from about 3 years ago I forgot about. I never got a letter from credit protection BUT when I went to start cleaning my reports up last month I saw them on my credit report. I called them up and offered them a pay to delete deal. The lady on the phone said no way in hell would they delete it off the credit report for payment. SO the heck with em I think I will just dv them and get it off my reports

Had them for two seperate accounts (cable) on my credit reports. First one I sent ITS right away as I had received a letter stating that if I did not contact them by XX date they would report to my credit and they were already reporting. I received a nice "sorry we made an error and will correct it" letter and the second I DV'd and again got the "sorry" letter.

I have been DV'ing these a holes since october of last year

still NO RESPONSE whatsoever to this day

but they keep verifying with the Credit bureaus :good: go figure

Edited by jsunshi1605

Their dv is automated. You can call and request it through their automated phone system if you want to.

Edited by shadycrisp

The last post in this topic was posted 5619 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.