Sign in to follow this  
jenyphur

OMG OMG - I GOT A CITI BUSINESS CARD!!!

I really don't think calling to check on an app status is going to change their process. Just be smart about it.

Well..all I can say to that is BestBuy was giving out some really good TLs. We all started applying and calling in to check on them, etc. Just like this. A few people went in to buy stuff and upon checkout learned their TL had been closed.

I don't remember the gory details but you can search for it here.

Just makes you wonder.

Also, with BuildToTheSkys paydex and # of tradelines, the CL makes sense. Actually, I would have thought they would have gotten a bit more.

should I ask for a reconsideration???,,heheh,,no seriously I'm happy with what I got.

Darn...I wanted see what you got!  :)

Plus, aren't you the one that is possibly going to ask for a CLI upon activation?

No, that's C M Chase. She's the credithog. :)

Seriously....I "kinda" agree with you.  And, I really would have agreed like with Target...when we all called and got one individual in his office.  But, I'm guessing that Citi is HUGE and that we won't even get the same csr twice.  I don't know...I'm playing the fence.  I can see both sides.

I know, I'm just being paranoid. The Target thing...yeah. I got the phone call from Steve. He definetely knew something was up. He wanted to see my articles of Incorporation. I have never been asked for those except by him. I don't have them because I'm not Inc yet.

I am concerned now because DH has a PAYDEX of 79 because of bogus one late from the mysterious phone company.  I hope that doesnt hurt him.  I would really hate to have a higher credit line than him......hehehehehehe!!!!! :P

Add this to your formula......

CEOWENS got $20K with a paydex of 79 and a BOGUS $1000 collection to Bellsouth.

Darn...I wanted see what you got!  :P

Plus, aren't you the one that is possibly going to ask for a CLI upon activation?

Ummmm......When did I agree to CLI upon activation, :huh: I dont even know if I have the card and if now after this thread I get declined Im jumping off the nearest bridge!!!!! I dont know if I will ask because Tee said she asked and they pulled credit for that, and if they pull my credit I will definately have my card repo'd

No, that's C M Chase.  She's the credithog.  :P

Oh..that's right. Man, my memory is going, going, gone these days..I swear.

Well, I'm just happy everyone is getting good CLs, that is just too cool. I'm happy with my little $4k. It's $4k I didn't have last week. Oh wait, I did have it but gave it all to Discover...those rats. :huh:

I am concerned now because DH has a PAYDEX of 79 because of bogus one late from the mysterious phone company.  I hope that doesnt hurt him.  I would really hate to have a higher credit line than him......hehehehehehe!!!!! :huh:

Add this to your formula......

CEOWENS got $20K with a paydex of 79 and a BOGUS $1000 collection to Bellsouth.

Yeah you screwed my formula with your little 20K credit line!? I still want to know where I was when that took place because I think I would have asked you a ton of questions. Anyway you have the grandest awsomest credit line and if I dont get it too I want you to call them and tell them that you want my line to match yours!! :P You can do that cantcha?

on your dnb report what does it state as your biz start date being that you just incd in 2004. did you have to verify anything with dnb as far as your original start date

Search the biz forum for AM EX Corp card and you'll see alot of info. This thread is for citi biz card. Start a new thread if you want ask a question on an unrealted topic, (more people will see it and respond) Your best bet is to use the search function it will be invaluable to you in the future and you ll have a wealth of info on everything you could ask!! Hope this helps you and Good Luck!!

on your dnb report what does it state as your biz start date being that you just incd in 2004.  did you have to verify anything with dnb as far as your original start date

I think your refering to me,,my D&B file shows start date of 1995,,yes I had to fax a copy of my business license that I aqcuired in 1995,,bear in mind that D&B gave me a number back in 1996 so they new I was in business since then.

Edited by buildtothesky

WOOHOO! We got a sticky! We got a sticky!

Now when folks inquire about a MC / Visa with "no pg"...we can send them here. Because we all know what they really mean is..........where can I get a card without them seeing my sorry @$$ personal credit! :good:

This is the place folks! :huh:

Yea! Wohoo! ......Riiiiiiight. I'll be banned from this great board but, I must speak mi mind. Citi will find this sticky and start pulling pg's. I have known about this great secret for a while now. Fact is they do pull personal credit.....but........The policy is " ...if the company credit cannot stand on it's own, we will pull personal credit". I realize this board is about helping others but let me ask this; The fact that you know that a certain company doesn't pull pg and don't share that info with others and yet there are still other small businesses being helped credit wise, because they just happen to stumble on this particular company, does that constitute you as a bad person. Or do you share and then you get a stampede of bad personal credit people wohoooing this loophole and then citi finds out and closes the hole, thus shutting the door on no pg applications and bringing in the microscope. But go ahead, apply your heart away, this will soon be closed thanks to the wohoooo!!!!.. I know there will be people saying bad things but the fact is that sometimes silence is golden. :angry:

Yea! Wohoo! ......Riiiiiiight. I'll be banned from this great board but, I must speak mi mind. Citi will find this sticky and start pulling pg's.  I have known about this great secret for a while now.  Fact is they do pull personal credit.....but........The policy is " ...if the company credit cannot stand on it's own, we will pull personal credit".  I realize this board is about helping others but let me ask this; The fact that you know that a certain company doesn't pull pg and don't share that info with others and yet there are still other small businesses being helped credit wise,  because they just happen to stumble on this particular company, does that constitute you as a bad person.  Or do you share and then you get a stampede of bad personal credit people wohoooing this loophole and then citi finds out and closes the hole, thus shutting the door on no pg applications and bringing in the microscope.  But go ahead, apply your heart away,  this will soon be closed thanks to the wohoooo!!!!.. I know there will be people saying bad things but the fact is that sometimes silence is golden. :(

We will pull personal credit, do you work for them or are you just quoting them? What does this thread have to do with being a good or bad person? How do you know this will be shut down. None of Citi's other cards require a PG if you have sufficent biz credit. I really dont understand your post and why do you sound so mad that people are rejoicing about getting a credit line for their biz.

I want to respond to the last post about keeping silent. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this board desigend to HELP people build business credit. Why would someone be apart of a HELP forum and turn around and say keep silent. Keep all your GOOD ideas, GOOD credit leads, and GOOD strategies to yourself! The fact that a person knew that this type of lead was out their and STILL chose not to share it is REPULSIVE! A person who would do such a thing clealy exhibits the attitude that they are not looking to HELP anyone but themselves; so they'll scan this forum for thier own SELFISH benefit and keep whatever golden ideas, suggestions, and credit leads for themselves. It would be virtually impossible for us to try to predict who will act on the leads, ideas, and strategies posted in this forum. I believe that everyone that has benifited from this board; should give back to this board! Failure to do so would be a TRAVESTY! I think the testimonies contained in this forum is a true witness to the EFFECTIVENESS of this board! Where else on the net can such rock solid information be found! We all know that there are scammers out there willing to charge us thousands to do for us, what we are doing here for ourselves! I believe the information on this board has resulted in millions of dollars in combine business credit! So, now is not the time to be silent, but rather NOW is the time to share and learn! There is plenty of room at the top! I believe everyone who qualifies SHOULD go after whatever tradeline or credit they can get! If they close this door, you can rest asure another will open somewhere. In the mean time lets CHARGE our way to success!

Diamond in the Rough...

What are you talking about bad personal credit people??? Just because people are excited about this card doesn't mean they have bad personal credit. If you read the posts there are many people who applied for this card who do have good personal credit, and most were ready to apply with a pg if necessary. Being that it is no pg makes it even sweeter. I am assuming the majority of the people are trying to do something positive, and are here to build and expand their businesses. I would rather not have to give a pj if I don't have too. Sure, I would love to apply now but I can wait until the time is right. I would rather not get a denial because I was impatient and hadn't established solid business credit first.

I have had my business since 2002 but never really knew the opportunities that were available until I found this board. I work hard, and am in the expansion stage of my business...this card would really help out alot. I am really thankful for all the good advice I have found here. Thanks everyone!!

Yea! Wohoo! ......Riiiiiiight. I'll be banned from this great board but, I must speak mi mind. Citi will find this sticky and start pulling pg's.  I have known about this great secret for a while now.  Fact is they do pull personal credit.....but........The policy is " ...if the company credit cannot stand on it's own, we will pull personal credit".  I realize this board is about helping others but let me ask this; The fact that you know that a certain company doesn't pull pg and don't share that info with others and yet there are still other small businesses being helped credit wise,  because they just happen to stumble on this particular company, does that constitute you as a bad person.  Or do you share and then you get a stampede of bad personal credit people wohoooing this loophole and then citi finds out and closes the hole, thus shutting the door on no pg applications and bringing in the microscope.  But go ahead, apply your heart away,  this will soon be closed thanks to the wohoooo!!!!.. I know there will be people saying bad things but the fact is that sometimes silence is golden. :dance:

Well, isn't this just a lovely way to start your journey here on CB? Somehow I get the feeling you're just not going to get off to the best start here. :dntknw: You couldn't start with a little less OBNOXIOUS post until we got to know you? :dntknw: You'll learn a few things here if you stick around a while. And, the first thing is that you won't find a better group of folks to lend money to than the ones here who have already learned the hard way what it means to SCREW UP. We're all here paying for our sins and probably more aware of our money and credit than the "good people" you keep refering to. So, we wanna share with others when we find a product that gives us the "credit" we deserve?? We shout the praises of a company that will allow our good businesses to stand on thier own??? A company that trusts based on what we are accomplishing NOW and not based on some blemish from the past?? You're damn straight we're gonna get excited about it and spread the news. And your implication that we are all "bad credit people" undeserving of this opportunity is rude and offensive. This is not a board that passes judgement and you are way over the line coming here and spewing your garbage. If you've known about this secret for as long as you say you have, then obviously you have long since been approved for this card and our celebration can't possibly hurt you. Just what is your agenda here??

I agree that we should help each other, Im am in shock by Diam in the Rough and the way they posted their feelings. I am suspicious of anyone that would begrudge someone prosperity. We are not breaking any laws written or unwritten. It is Citi bank that has chosen the underwriting criteria for this card. We all know there is a chance that they can pull our personal credit and if they dont we dont have any control over that. Diamond in the rough, why do you care if Citi gets flooded by applications of people that are credit challenged? Do you think that question ever came up when they we writing the underwriting guidelines for the cards. Obviously they wont know if they have a lot people applying with poor credit because they have chosen not to pull it, so it must not be of importance to them. Why is it with you? You have an extememly different point of view and I am curious where this comes from. It seems that your loyalty is not with sharing on this board it seems to be of a more corporate nature. You are concerned with Citi having alot of accounts held by people that wouldnt qualify personally. Why would that concern you? I would really like to know the answers to these questions. Why did you chose to make that your one and only post. Did you join the board for this specific reason?

That is the person's first post, and a new member at that. Diamond, not everyone here has bad credit. People on this board are small business owners who, instead of "letting it happne" are learning to "make it happen" - that's all.

The fact that there is NO INQUIRY is the gem. When inquiries for business credit put inqiries on personal credit reports, scoring gets all screwed up.

My credit scores are all over 700. I have a biz card with amex. I was purchasing an investment property using CIT - commercial credit people. They put multiple inquries on my report, when the property actually stood on it's own. Then, about 9 months later, amex decides I have too many inquiries and cut my credit line in half. My only other inquiry was for one of their cards (which I received).

It almost makes it impolssible to finance something, even though the buziness is good, and the personal credit is good.

If Citi has guidelines, they must work. We live with their guidelines. What is wrong with us knowing what they are?? Does that change anything?

This is so ridiculous. How many applications has this thread generated?? Maybe 10 in the last 2 days??? Does anybody here really belive that a company as HUGE as Citi even noticed our stupid little influx of 10 apps?? We are like a gnat on an elephant's flowers folks. They don't even know we are here. :dntknw:

This is so ridiculous.  How many applications has this thread generated??  Maybe 10 in the last 2 days???  Does anybody here really belive that a company as HUGE as Citi even noticed our stupid little influx of 10 apps??  We are like a gnat on an elephant's flowers folks.  They don't even know we are here.  :dntknw:

Yes this is ridiculous!! Even if this site generated 50 which I think would be very high, what difference would that make to a national company? They have a huge call center. Hundreds of CSR's there. So I think they can handle it. As far as a gnat on an elephants flowers--speak for yourself if I was a gnat I aint going near an flowers :dance: The whole jugemental thing made me mad like we dont deserve to have the card, ( I dont have the card :dntknw: ) but were not worthless because we have had credit problems. At least we are here fixing the problems.

Edited by rigirl

That is the person's first post, and a new member at that. Diamond, not everyone here has bad credit. People on this board are small business owners who, instead of "letting it happne" are learning to "make it happen" - that's all.

The fact that there is NO INQUIRY is the gem. When inquiries for business credit put inqiries on personal credit reports, scoring gets all screwed up.

My credit scores are all over 700. I have a biz card with amex. I was purchasing an investment property using CIT - commercial credit people. They put multiple inquries on my report, when the property actually stood on it's own. Then, about 9 months later, amex decides I have too many inquiries and cut my credit line in half. My only other inquiry was for one of their cards (which I received).

It almost makes it impolssible to finance something, even though the buziness is good, and the personal credit is good.

If Citi has guidelines, they must work. We live with their guidelines. What is wrong with us knowing what they are?? Does that change anything?

Hey Breeze? How many inquiries did you have when Amex cut your limit?!?!? :dntknw:

Yea! Wohoo! ......Riiiiiiight. I'll be banned from this great board but, I must speak mi mind. Citi will find this sticky and start pulling pg's.  I have known about this great secret for a while now.  Fact is they do pull personal credit.....but........The policy is " ...if the company credit cannot stand on it's own, we will pull personal credit".  I realize this board is about helping others but let me ask this; The fact that you know that a certain company doesn't pull pg and don't share that info with others and yet there are still other small businesses being helped credit wise,  because they just happen to stumble on this particular company, does that constitute you as a bad person.  Or do you share and then you get a stampede of bad personal credit people wohoooing this loophole and then citi finds out and closes the hole, thus shutting the door on no pg applications and bringing in the microscope.  But go ahead, apply your heart away,  this will soon be closed thanks to the wohoooo!!!!.. I know there will be people saying bad things but the fact is that sometimes silence is golden. :dntknw:

You are incorrect! I applied for Citi back in December 2004. My company's credit stood on its' own very nicely. They still ran my personal credit.

Hey Breeze? How many inquiries did you have when Amex cut your limit?!?!? ;)

I think it was 5 going back 12 months. CIT operates under 3 business names, each one of them pulled, for some unknown reason. Then I still had two within the 12 months from a previous house I bought - it was right at a year. In between, the inquiry from the biz chard card - with AmEx of course.

Oh, and I had recently utlized an offer on my amex personal card - $ for $ increase if I BT'd at 1.99%. So I went for all of it, turned around, paid half of it off and invested the other half. They are calling me wanting me to BT again on that card. Send me the offer over and over. I just don't trust them any more. I am still using that BY - it's for the life of the transfer, so it will be really nice since rates are most certainly going up up up.

What I keep wondering is, once the inquiries are all gone, and that BT is paid down more, will they put my limit back where it was? I mean, this is not a big CL to begin with. It was $5,200 and they cut it to $2,600. That's a worry to them, I'm sure. The only thing I can think is that division is getting hit with some losses and they're really worried about $2,600. I dunno.

This is a Citi thread, why do we keep talking about AmEx I wonder????? I should go through and take AmEx out of all the posts, bwahahahahahaha!!!!