Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

OMG OMG - I GOT A CITI BUSINESS CARD!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2829 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Oh Kev, I'm sure you were approved. Just be patient..you'll have your card within a week I'm sure.

Seriously, I don't think we should all be calling in ...it might call attention to 'us'. I don't want to blow this, you know?

That's why I've decided to not ask for a CLI, I'm just going to hang low and wait.

I'm sorry. I was irritated this morning. I broke down and called Citi. No decision has been made on my application. He told me one would be made within a week.

I asked him how my application looked.. He went on saying on his own they do base this initial credit decision on D&B. If all looks good with D&B they do not proceed further with personal credit bureau reports.

I think we struck a gold mine :-)

Ok people...so there you have it...we know for sure now that they are pulling D & B if all looks good, they won't go any further.

So let's all agree NOT to call them anymore and only apply if you have a paydex of 80....ok?

I don't want this to turn into a BestBuy/CompUSA story where they went back and took the CLs away from some of our CBers. :angel:

I got a letter in the mail, and was declined. But, I should stress that I applied for the business card a day after the personal card was approved. I don't have a paydex, so they did do a personal pull on me.

But, I wasn't really expecting to get approved, and I'm more than happy with the personal card they gave me. I'm on my way (courtesy of the boards) to opening a few business accounts, and once the paydex is there, I'll try again :)

applied 2 days ago and couldn't resist with all the approvals so called in and was approved for 8000! :) ,,no pulls on any reports,,rep said I will get it within a week to 2 weeks at most,,even gave me the cardholder 800 number for account info,,sounds almost too good to be true,,a biz CC without a PG? could this be the one? fingers and toes crossed :)

buildtothesky what is your paydex? How many TL's do you have? What does your exp report look like and how long in biz?

What part of LET'S NOT CALL THEM do you all not get? :)

LOL...

I know it's hard not to call but please....if we all start calling asking who they pull and if they pull personal..they are going to catch on and then they WILL start pulling personal.

:):P:)

But yes, BuildToTheSky, what is your paydex? How many TLs do you have?

What part of LET'S NOT CALL THEM do you all not get?  :)

LOL...

I know it's hard not to call but please....if we all start calling asking who they pull and if they pull personal..they are going to catch on and then they WILL start pulling personal. 

:)  :)  :) 

But yes, BuildToTheSky, what is your paydex?  How many TLs do you have?

I really don't think calling to check on an app status is going to change their process. Just be smart about it.

buildtothesky  what is your paydex?  How many TL's do you have?  What does your exp report look like and how long in biz?

80 paydex,29 tL's,Experian biz score of 73,,9 reporting on each,,got my duns number in 96,,operating as a sole prop from 95 till incorporating in late july 04.

buildtothesky  what is your paydex?  How many TL's do you have?  What does your exp report look like and how long in biz?

:) Rigirl is sweatin' it like a newbie. :) (no offense to the newbies. :) ) The app is already sent woman. Chill. :)

applied 2 days ago and couldn't resist with all the approvals so called in and was approved for 8000! :) ,,no pulls on any reports,,rep said I will get it within a week to 2 weeks at most,,even gave me the cardholder 800 number for account info,,sounds almost too good to be true,,a biz CC without a PG? could this be the one? fingers and toes crossed :)

Nevermind :)

Edited by rigirl

What part of LET'S NOT CALL THEM do you all not get?  :)

LOL...

:)  :)  :) 

But yes, BuildToTheSky, what is your paydex?  How many TLs do you have?

I really don't think calling to check on an app status is going to change their process. Just be smart about it.

I agree,,I just called to make sure they got the app and thats when they gave me the good news,,I just said " Hello I was just calling to confirm receipt of my app because I didn't get any kind of confirmation on the screen,,I will let my receivables know to be expecting it,,have a nice day!"

Nevermind :)

Editing my post because Rigirl edited hers. Now my post makes no sense and Rigirl is no fun to play with. :P:)

Edited by ceowens

Well..all I can say to that is BestBuy was giving out some really good TLs. We all started applying and calling in to check on them, etc. Just like this. A few people went in to buy stuff and upon checkout learned their TL had been closed.

I don't remember the gory details but you can search for it here.

Just makes you wonder.

Also, with BuildToTheSkys paydex and # of tradelines, the CL makes sense. Actually, I would have thought they would have gotten a bit more.

:) Rigirl is sweatin' it like a newbie. :) (no offense to the newbies. :) ) The app is already sent woman. Chill. :P

Im not a newbie?? :) I know the app is sent but I must figure the process out. Its the way I am wired. I have figured out other things like this and I need to know how it works. Didnt mean to sweat anyone, I wore deodorant :P Im off to chill now, I have chair sitting next to the mail box :D I havent gotten much excitement lately since I have all the cards I need now.

Psssssttt..rigirl...call them.  (Just don't tell jenyphur).  :)

Brat. LOL

Go ahead and call but if they start shutting down CLs, I'm holding all of you personally responsible and I will expect you all to foot my bill to Mexico for those margaritas! :)

Ok rigirl, call...let's get the results. :)

Well..all I can say to that is BestBuy was giving out some really good TLs. We all started applying and calling in to check on them, etc. Just like this. A few people went in to buy stuff and upon checkout learned their TL had been closed.

Just makes you wonder.

Also, with BuildToTheSkys paydex and # of tradelines, the CL makes sense. Actually, I would have thought they would have gotten a bit more.

Please take into consideration some people applied for *four* (4) different household accounts around the same time.

Just makes you wonder.

Yeah - the thread you're referring to is here:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...903&hl=best+buy

and it had nothing to do with calling in to check app status :).

Telling self not to call****Self put the phone down :) Im not going to call I can wait, I just like to gather info from others to figure out the process.

Psssssttt..rigirl...call them.  (Just don't tell jenyphur).  :)

Brat. LOL

Go ahead and call but if they start shutting down CLs, I'm holding all of you personally responsible and I will expect you all to foot my bill to Mexico for those margaritas! :)

Ok rigirl, call...let's get the results. :)

OOOOOhh..I thought I got that edited before you would see. :)

Seriously....I "kinda" agree with you. And, I really would have agreed like with Target...when we all called and got one individual in his office. But, I'm guessing that Citi is HUGE and that we won't even get the same csr twice. I don't know...I'm playing the fence. I can see both sides.

I am concerned now because DH has a PAYDEX of 79 because of bogus one late from the mysterious phone company. I hope that doesnt hurt him. I would really hate to have a higher credit line than him......hehehehehehe!!!!! :)

The last post in this topic was posted 2829 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.