Sign in to follow this  
jenyphur

OMG OMG - I GOT A CITI BUSINESS CARD!!!

You know....I lied. They just never updated my biz to my new addy. The biz listing under my OLD address has a score of 83 with 5 reporting. :dntknw: I'm applying.

MNM, ceowens, jenyphur, someone, please, I'm begging. Can you answer the following:

How long have you been in business?

What entity?

Annual sales?

You can just type ignore if you're ignoring me or don't want to answer. Thank you so much. I trying desperately to build biz credit and no pg cash card would be awesome because our personal credit sucks. Working on it though.

Thanks again. Congratulations to all of you again.

Sorry, must have missed this.

Been in business as a Sole Prop since 2001.

I think D&B says I'm a Corp though.

My annual sales on D&B only shows 200-250k.

You know....I lied.  They just never updated my biz to my new addy.  The biz listing under my OLD address has a score of 83 with 5 reporting.  :dntknw:  I'm applying.

Hmmmmm...how are you gonna get them to pull from the old addy (which they NEED to do to get accurate picture)?? If you put old addy on the app will your mail still forward???

Thanks a lot jenyphur. You guys and gals are my heroes. To think last year around this time we were languishing trying to figure how we could keep things afloat. Now we're expanding. This would just send us into another level.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

MNM, ceowens, jenyphur, someone, please, I'm begging. Can you answer the following:

How long have you been in business?

What entity?

Annual sales?

You can just type ignore if you're ignoring me or don't want to answer. Thank you so much. I trying desperately to build biz credit and no pg cash card would be awesome because our personal credit sucks. Working on it though.

Thanks again. Congratulations to all of you again.

Sorry, must have missed this.

Been in business as a Sole Prop since 2001.

I think D&B says I'm a Corp though.

My annual sales on D&B only shows 200-250k.

Somehow I missed that you said this the first time I responded. DUDE! (as my kids would say) Don't be so hard on yourself. As long as you're not being an obvious troll, there is no reason why we would ignore you. The board moves fast sometimes. We miss things. Don't take it all personal. :dntknw:

*Dancin*

I got instant $5,000. My highest biz card yet. Of course, I haven't applied for anything in like...almost a year. LOL

I put my old address in so they'd make sure to get the old reports. I know the woman who bought our old house, so I'll tell her to not throw anything away. hehe!!

:( Tina, as much as I hate to admit it....I do love ya. :dntknw::D

And as far as this goes:

How long have you been in business? Been in biz for 3 years...but only 11 months, officially.

What entity? LLC

Annual sales? On average, 50K...but I always put 90-100K because it changes so much.

:D

I'm telling you....THIS IS HUGE NEWS!!! I can't BELIEVE they don't pull.

This was such a fluke. Seriously...I have NOOO idea why I even applied. I knew my scores weren't good enough but something just MADE me do it. I'm glad I did.

This is super, super cool.

Ok, now who wants to be the pig and ask for a CLI upon activation? I can tell you right now...it's NOT going to be me. I'm happy with my $4k thank you very much. :) I don't want to risk it.

Even though Tina is the pig of the bunch, I'll ask for CLI when I get the card. As soon as I get it, I'll let ya know. :D

Excellent...wow, you are brave! I'm just so happy with my cl I don't want to rock the boat and tip the thing over and sink to the bottom!

Well, just think of it this way....all they can do is say no. In which case, you say thanks and hang up. They're not going to say 'no, and we changed our minds about the $4K too" hehe! :P

I got CLIs from both Lowes and Home Depot when I first got their cards. Lowes gave me an extra $200 (hehee!!) and HD gave me an extra $1000. *shrug* That's $1200 I didn't have before. :)

Thanks for the thread, Jenyphur! NICE find! And thanks for showing it to me, Ceowens-hillbilly. :D

I just got back from school I will fill in where I left off. 10 reporting on DnB, 11 on Experian, perfect payment history for 12-13 months S-Corp. less than 100,000 for annual sales and no hard pulled I checked PG. Mine was instant descion!!!!! YAHHH!! :)

oh yes , 5000 was the amount!

Edited by Delego

*Dancin*

I got instant $5,000.  My highest biz card yet.  Of course, I haven't applied for anything in like...almost a year.  LOL

I put my old address in so they'd make sure to get the old reports.  I know the woman who bought our old house, so I'll tell her to not throw anything away.  hehe!!

:dance:  Tina, as much as I hate to admit it....I do love ya.  :)  :grin:

WOOHOO!!!!!! You go girl! Sonic tonight to celebrate???? B)

A word of warning so you won't be freaked out........

The day I got my card, I transfered LOTS of stuff to it, and paid of a few things with it. After about the 5th transaction, they shut the card down! :)

It took about a 30 second phone call to verify the last few purchases and it was good again.

They have a very thorough fraud dept.

Ok, that's good to know.

I'm wondering now if I should just call and ask for a CLI. Do you think if I do they will ask me if it's ok to pull my personal credit? Or will they just pull it without asking me?

I would love to get $5k.

Ok, that's good to know. 

I'm wondering now if I should just call and ask for a CLI.  Do you think if I do they will ask me if it's ok to pull my personal credit?  Or will they just pull it without asking me? 

I would love to get $5k.

You signed a PG. They don't *have* to ask. Careful, careful. :)

Exactly....that's what I was thinking. Ok, you talked me out of it. I'll let C M Chase be the pig for this one. :)

Seriously, this card couldn't have come at a better time. I will guard it and protect it with my life. I am DETERMINED to keep it at about under $1k at all times.

I feel like a REAL person again. Well..kind of.

Thought I'd add my 2 cents here... Applied via the citibusiness.com site and was instantly approved for $12k... been in biz since '98, don't know if i had a paydex at that time, definately got more cards since this account opened. Think I've got 12 tradelines via experian and now 8 via d&b. Instant approval was given. Got approval for the Amex corp card but didn't go through the lengthy documentation process on that card. Will follow up w/ GE tomorrow. Sent an email and got a phone call from them yesterday.

Thought I'd add my 2 cents here... Applied via the citibusiness.com site and was instantly approved for $12k... been in biz since '98, don't know if i had a paydex at that time, definately got more cards since this account opened. Think I've got 12 tradelines via experian and now 8 via d&b. Instant approval was given. Got approval for the Amex corp card but didn't go through the lengthy documentation process on that card. Will follow up w/ GE tomorrow. Sent an email and got a phone call from them yesterday.

Not too shabby! :) HOw long ago was this and did you notice a personal inq??

You signed a PG.  They don't *have* to ask.  Careful, careful.  :)

Ya know...I think that might be wrong. You gave a PG, but that was for the application. If they're going to want to pull your credit for a different transaction, they'd better ask you for permission first. They can't call it an account review because the credit line is for the biz...not you.

JessicaRabbit had a run-in with Dell (I think?) about something similar, and I believe she won.

MNM, I want to make sure you understand that those cards DO have a PG, they just don't do a hard pull on your report.  There is a BIG difference.  If you ever default on the cards, they can and will go after you for the balance.  You, personally are still giving the guarantee.  :) 

Did the AMEX ask for your lease agreement and bank statements?

I do not mind being responsible for anything pertaining to my business. I just hate for them to do a hard pull on my personal credit and still not know if they will approve you or not. Thanks for starting this thread. I think I will apply for this one. I don't have a paydex yet only have 4 reporting to d&b and 5 reporting to Experian. I wonder if you have to have the paydex?

Jenyphur you are a troublemaker :P I've been late for everything this morning because I couldn't take my eyes off this thread for more than 10 minutes at a time :D Well, I finally took the plunge and applied and got the 30 day notice. My fingers and toes are crossed and hoping your good karma rubs off :)

Good luck OnTheWayUp!! I got the standard response, too. No instant approval. Hope we'll get our cards at the same time!! :)

You're ALL troublemakers in my book.  Now I'm itching to apply for something else!!  :)

Didn't Bryanboy start a similar "I dare you to apply" thread over in the credit forum??? Maybe he has an alter ego in the Biz Credit Forum :P