Sign in to follow this  
Elotemuygrande

Requirement to show Id

That's quite alright. I know about it but I don't want to use it. The only reason I want credit cards is for utilization and then I probably won't use them unless I get a 0 % interest rate for when I need to purchase items for my house, when I buy it. You guys go ahead and get your rewards, I already have mine :blush:.

Lordy, this could have been me just a few short hours ago. If it hadn't been for my finding the policy about checking ID with signed credit cards. I'd be right there blasing away.

You do know they can't ask for ID if your credit card is signed don't you?

I've included myself in the ID conversation - please don't look down your nose on me because MY preference is to use my debit card and cash. It's a free country, to each his...or her own. I am a smart woman, and I choose to do things my way. I've been in credit card debt and I'm finally out of it...my reward is not going that route again...respect that please.

Hey you are most welcome here anytime, This is the most incredible message board I have ever found. The old timers and lots of the newbies are very knowledgable and have a broad range of experience on all arenas of money.

I've learned in the past six months a wealth that my 40 plus years could have never taught me. So chime in at will, a healthy exchange is just that "healthy"

To keep my post on topic can you share any experiences about having your ID checked improper while charging a purchase and having the retailers corporate servers record everything it can absorb about you?

Here's my question.....

What if I need to make a purchase, let's say at Best Buy and they ask to see my ID for using my CC and I refuse to show it, won't they just say "then we won't accept your CC sir".  They seem to ask for it everywhere, Walmart, Circuit City, local furniture stores, bookstores,etc.

If I use my CC 10 times a week, at least 5 of those places ask to see ID, in fact it seems when I go to make large purchases with the card (over $1,000) they almost always ask to see ID because they consider it such a large purchase

and a lot of people say they have the right to ask and you'll only make yourself look suspicious if you refuse to show it

besides, if you refuse to show it, they're not going to let you purchase the "stuff" with a CC

so what's the answer? tons of places ask to see your ID when you use your CC, if you tell them no they won't let you use your CC to buy your stuff, also there's a local store I go to where half the time they ask for it and half the time they don't

so what's the answer?......just hope the place you want to go to buy the "stuff" accepts your CC with no ID, that seems like a silly way to live

here's a second question....when people add "SEE ID" right next to their signature on the back of the card, is this allowed? I know you can't just write SEE ID, you have to have that signature, but are they allowed to have both?

to me it seems to silly have SEE ID on the back of the card anyways...(my parents are old and they believe in that mumbo jumbo)

bump

"IF" you want to show ID...then show it!!!

I just don't...(except I did when I was in line at BEST BUY (in CA) for like 1/2 hour (or more) after CHRISTMAS (like 12/27 or 12/28)

It violates credit card policy and they "CAN" lose the right to accept credit cards and also be FINED BIG TIME $$$$$$$ BY VISA/MC...AND I TELL THEM I AM SHOWING IT UNDER PROTEST AND I WILL REPORT THEM TO VISA/MC AND WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES CAN BE...

I also have showed a letter that is from VISA and another one from M/C telling them that they don't have to ask for ID on a signed credit card (or some such words)

I WOULD JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE SALE

You can also call your credit card company from your cellphone and say the store is demanding my ID on my signed credit card...

George, how fun is it to live you life the way you do? Is it really that fun for you to not buy a store's "stuff"?

Isn't the "stuff" you BROUGHT to the REGISTER "stuff" that you wanted to BUY?

so you wasted all of your time shopping, then go to the register just so you can have your minute up on your soap-box to tell them to keep their "stuff"....

You think that pimple-faced kid taking your CC gives two shits about whether you purchase said "stuff" or not?

I don't know about you, but I'd just as soon show my ID, rather than have to drive around wasting my money on gasoline to go to other stores, and my TIME to SHOP at each store just to go to the register and not buy anything....that I WANTED in the first place!!

I got an idea for you...why don't you just walk into every [new] store that you go to, walk right to the check-out, ask for the manager, and then inquire with that person whether or not they're gonna check your ID if you want to buy something.

That way, you wouldn't be squeezing a lemon away your apparently dispensible TIME.

Either that, or buy the *Admin removes vulgarity* items, shut your mouth, and know your role.

FWIW, YMMV, GFYS,

Greg

GEORGE BASHING IS FORBIDDEN BY T.O.S.

DO I SEE A little HINT OF ATTITUDE???

Edited by GEORGE

Here's my question.....

What if I need to make a purchase, let's say at Best Buy and they ask to see my ID for using my CC and I refuse to show it, won't they just say "then we won't accept your CC sir".  They seem to ask for it everywhere, Walmart, Circuit City, local furniture stores, bookstores,etc.

If I use my CC 10 times a week, at least 5 of those places ask to see ID, in fact it seems when I go to make large purchases with the card (over $1,000) they almost always ask to see ID because they consider it such a large purchase

and a lot of people say they have the right to ask and you'll only make yourself look suspicious if you refuse to show it

besides, if you refuse to show it, they're not going to let you purchase the "stuff" with a CC

so what's the answer? tons of places ask to see your ID when you use your CC, if you tell them no they won't let you use your CC to buy your stuff, also there's a local store I go to where half the time they ask for it and half the time they don't

so what's the answer?......just hope the place you want to go to buy the "stuff" accepts your CC with no ID, that seems like a silly way to live

here's a second question....when people add "SEE ID" right next to their signature on the back of the card, is this allowed? I know you can't just write SEE ID, you have to have that signature, but are they allowed to have both?

to me it seems to silly have SEE ID on the back of the card anyways...(my parents are old and they believe in that mumbo jumbo)

bump

"IF" you want to show ID...then show it!!!

I just don't...(except I did when I was in line at BEST BUY (in CA) for like 1/2 hour (or more) after CHRISTMAS (like 12/27 or 12/28)

It violates credit card policy and they "CAN" lose the right to accept credit cards and also be FINED BIG TIME $$$$$$$ BY VISA/MC...AND I TELL THEM I AM SHOWING IT UNDER PROTEST AND I WILL REPORT THEM TO VISA/MC AND WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES CAN BE...

I also have showed a letter that is from VISA and another one from M/C telling them that they don't have to ask for ID on a signed credit card (or some such words)

I WOULD JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE SALE

You can also call your credit card company from your cellphone and say the store is demanding my ID on my signed credit card...

George, how fun is it to live you life the way you do? Is it really that fun for you to not buy a store's "stuff"?

Isn't the "stuff" you BROUGHT to the REGISTER "stuff" that you wanted to BUY?

so you wasted all of your time shopping, then go to the register just so you can have your minute up on your soap-box to tell them to keep their "stuff"....

You think that pimple-faced kid taking your CC gives two shits about whether you purchase said "stuff" or not?

I don't know about you, but I'd just as soon show my ID, rather than have to drive around wasting my money on gasoline to go to other stores, and my TIME to SHOP at each store just to go to the register and not buy anything....that I WANTED in the first place!!

I got an idea for you...why don't you just walk into every [new] store that you go to, walk right to the check-out, ask for the manager, and then inquire with that person whether or not they're gonna check your ID if you want to buy something.

That way, you wouldn't be squeezing a lemon away your apparently dispensible TIME.

Either that, or buy the *Admin removes vulgarity* items, shut your mouth, and know your role.

FWIW, YMMV, GFYS,

Greg

Oh this is priceless, I've cut and pasted cause this can't last long.

Goodness, it's not about the time spent, nor about wanting to buy or not buy stuff. This is about policy MasterCard and Visa forbid checking ID with signed cards period. These database mining big brother corps need to get with the program. If I am going to sell my purchase history to said company they are going to have to live by the rules. Or else I'll sell my data at another firm. My gosh how are ex wives going to prove the cheating husband was in the wrong town, How is the state going to prove I don't have income to support my lifestyle if these firms don't conform to policy, not check IDs, so I can sell my life for travel miles and other rewards. Good gosh don't you know this?

CLOSED DUE TO THE PROFANITY.

THIS ONE I WILL NOT REOPEN DUE TO THE ABUSIVE PROFANITY.

Edited by MarvBear