Sign in to follow this  
KAZPUR

Motivation for the Newbies

NEED HELP!! I'm just barely building up my bf's credit.....oldest credit is 3.5 years and 1.5 on average. However, he just received a garnishment order yesterday and had his wages garnished today. I went and paid off his whole balance yesterday so the garnishment will stop. Will this show up on his public record? This will be detrimental to his credit history right? On the paper, it says the judgement was entered in court on 4/1/09. The Earning withholding was received on 6/9/11 and activity is 6/29/11. Which date is important? I just checked his credit history and there's nothing on his public record as of now.

This was a dui case, so I went to revenue and recovery to pay. The lady told me this isn't a judgement but a court order to pay the fee. She also doesn't believe this will affect my credit. However, I'm looking at the paper and it's a judgement. Will this show up on his credit history later? I never received any court hearing notice or warning that they were going to garnish his wages. Believe me, I've worked hard building up his credit so I would not ignore those notices. He owed $700. We do receive statements from time to time, but never any letters. Please help!!! If the judgement appears on my credit history as paid....how long is the damage going to last? Anything i can do to dismiss it?

NEED HELP!! I'm just barely building up my bf's credit.....oldest credit is 3.5 years and 1.5 on average. However, he just received a garnishment order yesterday and had his wages garnished today. I went and paid off his whole balance yesterday so the garnishment will stop. Will this show up on his public record? This will be detrimental to his credit history right? On the paper, it says the judgement was entered in court on 4/1/09. The Earning withholding was received on 6/9/11 and activity is 6/29/11. Which date is important? I just checked his credit history and there's nothing on his public record as of now.

This was a dui case, so I went to revenue and recovery to pay. The lady told me this isn't a judgement but a court order to pay the fee. She also doesn't believe this will affect my credit. However, I'm looking at the paper and it's a judgement. Will this show up on his credit history later? I never received any court hearing notice or warning that they were going to garnish his wages. Believe me, I've worked hard building up his credit so I would not ignore those notices. He owed $700. We do receive statements from time to time, but never any letters. Please help!!! If the judgement appears on my credit history as paid....how long is the damage going to last? Anything i can do to dismiss it?

Hi, welcome! I know it's confusing when you're new, but you need to start your own thread in the credit forum, so people will see it and help you.

how do i do that? they wont let me start a new topic

This is a read only forum. Please find the proper forum for your topic, if it is credit related use the main credit forum. You will be able to start your own thread, so post away.