Sign in to follow this  
CALady

CALady's Success Story

My scores were as follows when I first joined CB:

05/2004

TransUnion-661

Equifax-601

Experian-615

Problems were: very high utilization, one 30-day late with Macy's & one 60-day late with First Premier back in 1999.

Total revolving CL were around $15,000.

Thanks to CB, I was able to get rid of the lates, and improve my utilization dramatically.

Now my total credit lines look like this:

PERSONAL CARDS

Discover Platinum - $10,000

Chase Platinum - $4,300

Providian Platinum - $1,500

Citi Diamond Preferred - $10,000

Citi Home Rebate Card - $10,000

Citi Platinum - $10,000

National City Elite - $2,000

Patelco Visa - $12,000

Amex Green Rewards - N/A

Amex Starwood - $6,900

MBNA Sharper Image - $5,000

MBNA Merill+ - $10,500

Chase Toys R Us - $10,000

Circuit City Visa - $5,000

Bank One Disney Visa - $7,900

MBNA Bluenile LOC - $5,500

Thomasville GECC - $10,000

Levitz - $3,500

Sears - $875

Home Depot - $9,000

Best Buy - $10,000

OfficeMax - $1,100

Macys - $5,100

Chevron - $1,500

Shell - $300

JCPenney - $2,500

Target - $200

Total Personal: $154,675

BUSINESS CARDS

Amex BlueCash Biz - $17,400

US Bank Worldperks - $7,500

Bank of America Plat - $2,000

Chase GM Biz Plat - $15,000

Marriot Rewards Visa - $7,000

Amazon Corp - $1,500

Best Buy - $7,500

Home Depot - $3,000

Expo Design - $3,000

Office Depot - $1,000

Lowes Revolving - $1,200

Walmart Revolving - $1,500

Sears Net 30 - $5,000

Tiffanys Net 30

Viking Net 30

NEBS Net 30

Uline Net 30

UPS - weekly billing

Total Biz: $72,600

--------------------

Total Biz + Personal: $227,275 :grin:

My most latest scores are in my siggy.

I still learn something new each day when I log onto CB, and share as much as I can of my experiences in order to help and motivate in my own little way the others on this board.

CB has been my saving grace, and I've also come across some of the coolest people because of this board.

Edited to add:

Also because of this board, I am now the proud homeowner of two homes (one I am doing a rent to own on, and the other, my dream home that I now live in). I was also able to successfully launch my own business and gain business credit for it, and got a new 2004 Sienna last year with a great rate.

I've been pimping CB off to all my friends and family, saying this board is better than sex, and that they should all join! :o

Edited by CALady

Congrats upon your fabulous success! You are a great example of what can be done with determination and the desire to succeed, mixed with the information and support from this board!

Heg, hey, I help your stock too!

(I'm almost as bad as CALady was in her pre-closing months)

Congrats CALady!

Thanks everyone ... it really is to people on this board, my predecessors and newbies alike, that I attribute my credit success to.

and thanks for helping my FICO stock have a higher return! keep up the good work vegan

Lol heg, I like my meat just fine!

They're good in lumpia... oh and I made some pansit today, want some?

vegan and is Las Vegan you funny bird...and when do I get some pancit!

veg·an (vē'gən, vĕj'ən)

n.

A vegetarian who eats plant products only, especially one who uses no products derived from animals, as fur or leather.

[short for VEGETARIAN.]

Heg! I'm finally getting my patio done by DuraKool ... I hated looking at that bare backyard of mine! So when does the weather around here start warming up a bit more???

Personally, I think CALady's a fruit loop, but what do I know? :good:

Congratufreakinglations on the spectacular climb in CLs and scores!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think CALady's a fruit loop, but what do I know?  :good:

Congratufreakinglations on the spectacular climb in CLs and scores!!!!!!!!

Girl, I like me Fruit Loops in the AM. Don't you be saying nothing bad bout my Fruit Loops! :D

not enough fiber in fruit loops...

Bah, party pooper.

Are you gonna answer my questiona bout when it's gonna start warming up here in Vegas?

Or did you move outta here already, since I noticed you changed your location?

How big of purse or wallet do you require to carry that plastic around in?

My little ole Coach wallet can carry about 10 or so CCs.

I don't carry all of them with me. Just a three or four of my favorite ones, the card of the month which would need usage, and maybe a store one if I'm heading out that way.

Wow, CAlady you have sooooo many CC. Did your score increase by lowering your utilization? Its funny, because I thought if a person had a lot of revolving accounts they would be considered a high risk.

I guess thats a myth. if you use the sparingly and keep utilization low, it doesn't really matter how many CC you carry. People who have a lot of open credit with no utilization is actually a higher risk I heard. How many CC do you carry? Did you get all those cards when your score jumped, or did you have many prior to CB?

Edited by saralee

Wow, CAlady you have sooooo many CC. Did your score increase by lowering your utilization?  Its funny, because I thought if a person had a lot of revolving accounts they would be considered a high risk.

I guess thats a myth.  if you use the sparingly and keep utilization low, it doesn't really matter how many CC you carry. People who have a lot of open credit with no utilization is actually a higher risk I heard.  How many CC do you carry? Did you get all those cards when your score jumped, or did you have many prior to  CB?

Yes, score increased due to lowered utilization, which was really my main issue once I got my lates from back in 1999 off.

Prior to CB, I did have Chase, Discover, and Citi, but with very low limits.

Most of my cards I now have I got after I found CB and was able to improve my scores.

Impressive indeed...everyday for a while there...I looked forward to seeing which card you were getting that day...

Truly an inspiration!!!

CALady, I finally have only prime cards now.

AMEX blue cash 5K (just recieved card)

Lockheed CU $5000

Wescom $5000

Providian $3600 -canceled card, interst high, annual fee

Capital 1 $2500-cancel- I guess you know why, lol.

I applied for citidiviend pre-approval offer and denied. They stated two recent accounts less the 12mths. Did you do all your apps at once, or how old were your accounts when you opened up new accounts. I could not believe that citi denied me.

I received today a pre-approval for citi-diamond, but I guess if they deny one, it will be for all citi cards, Right?

WOW!

Girl, I would be jumping for joy with just one of your cards with its credit limit!

Truely an inspiration.

Thank you

calady u r definitely an inspiration 2 me and i really like what u have accomplished and i alwayz read ur post here bcuz u give dam good advice. next week i am forming my corp here n texas as a consulting corp for small buz here n houston and the surrounding areas and i hope evrything goez az smooth az it went for u. by the way what type of corp do u have and do u have any suggestions for someone new az myself?