Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Im confused... who has experience w/First Premier

The last post in this topic was posted 5707 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I posted a couple days ago about paying MRS Associates for an old First Premier account. When I looked at my CR First Premier was reporting a $0 balance before I paid it. We came to the conclusion that they sold the debt to MRS because they wouldnt take my payment. they directed me to the CA. I get a letter from MRS today saying " In reviewing our files on your account, we note that your payment of the account in full would create a financial hardship for you at this time. we have permission from our client to accept and work out a payment plan with you. This agreement will permit you to liquidate the account over a reasonable period of time with monthly payments of $550 beginning Feb 22.

Make all checks payable to FIRST PREMIER BANK.... tax time is a great time to put nagging issues like this behind you once and for all. Consider using your tax refund to satisfy your outstanding obligation".

so I call MRS today and say what the heck is going on I paid you. However I now wish I had waited two more days until i recieved this letter. So he looks up my file number and says Yep, you paid it we will send you a letter releasing you from the debt, never mentioning it was a charge off... He then told me to fax the letter to the CRAs and they will delete it. He said First Premier will take at least 60 days to delete it but if I do what he said it will be off in a week?

No. You'll need a signed letter from First Premier to get the CRA's to delete it quicker. And just be warned, if you don't do anything and just wait, First Premier will NEVER delete it because I can guarantee you whatever notification the CA sends to First Premier - if they even send one - will get lost and never acted on. They will play dumb and leave the account on your reports as long as they can get away with it. Also, this is all assuming that the CA even had the AUTHORITY from First Premier to agree to delete it. You should get your letter over to First Premier as soon as possible.

Premier Bankcard Inc.

900 W Delaware

Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Fax: 605-357-3159

they will never delete it and you now have no means to make them

now if you hadnt paid them then you could do a PFD but now your stuck with it on your CR

they will never delete it and you now have no means to make them

now if you hadnt paid them then you could do a PFD but now your stuck with it on your CR

MRS was never on my CR, so is the worse case scenario that First Premier will stay until the 7 yrs are up?

First Premier is one of the ones that stuck on Dh. They sent me a letter stating I was only late 3 times and EQ has it listed as 43 times. It was a charge-off that was managed by MRS but Mrs was never listed on report. I paid them BEFORE I found this board.

This is how it is listed now

charge-off 180 days past due

0 balance

The little red circle is marked until Jan 2004

Here is the thing

I have requested many time to First Premier to mark this account in dispute have all the paperwork to prove plus all the return receipts

Did the 1-2 punch

and NEVER DID THEY MARK IT IN DISPUTE

Reason why I am disputing this is because I paid this off in July 03 and they have it listed as Jan 04

I have proved this to First PRemier but they won't fix it and EQ won't budge

Sorry to high jack thread.

you got it they will be there for 7 years from the DOLA

Not necessarily. Forgive me PMondo but your outlook is a little bleak and not helping Albernier at all.

Albernier - send the letter to First Premier. Tell them that MRS promised you'd get the account deleted, and see what they say. You can send your letters via fax, as you will get mailed responses from First Premier anyway. If they tell you to pound sand, send a letter addressed to First Premier and MRS stating that you are going to sue them, report them to the FTC and the attorneys general in your state and in South Dakota, complain to your congressman about FCRA violations, file a complaint with the BBB and anyone else you can find. Set a deadline of 3 days for them to delete or face suit. If they don't, draft an FCRA lawsuit - just the basics - for the federal court in your jurisdiction and name First Premier and MRS as defendants. Make sure you list yourself as a pro per so they see that they will be coughing up money to defend against you and it won't cost you anything but the filing fee. If it gets that far, trust me, it will work. It's a lot to go through to get a deletion, but it's worth it.

First the OP should know better then to paid a neg TL without it benefiting him such as a PFD in writing

Second where do you come up with this idea?

On what grounds can he sue for?

He has no proof they even said they will delete it

If he follows your advice and it works great but if they defend he will be facing thousands in legal fees he has no grounds on which to sue for and will lose if they defend

My opinion is that First Premier won't want to go to court over a paid account so they will just delete it. I believe this is what 800 was trying to say. Why would they even want to take the chance of losing money in a court when all they have to do is just push a key and it is gone.

The last post in this topic was posted 5707 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.