Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
Gingerly

Money Management Tools

I also echo the "sticky" notion!

Also, for those who are looking to get into the financial planning arena as a professional, I (and my mentor) recommend getting the HP 12c business financial calculator. It takes some getting used to, but it's TOTALLY worth it as a business investment. (Just got mine, and now I get to spend a weekend trying to figure out how to use it.)

They are also one of the few calculators permitted for use on the CFP® and CFA® Certification Exams, and GARP® FRM Exam.

HP 12c

http://www.hp.com/calculators/financial/12c/

HP 12c-platinum

http://www.hp.com/calculators/financial/12p/

I live and die by the Quicken Calendar. As I said elsewhere, I keep a seperate account for my weekly spending, so I make the calendar show my main bank account and I can see projected balances, move things around, see what's coming up, etc.

Do you use MS Money, spreadhseets, Quicken, something else? What's the most helpful thing for you about this tool/feature?

Oddly enough, my favorite tools are good ol' paper and pen.

Calculating balances, monthly interest charges, what-if-I-put-this-money-here scenarios, etc.

But I do like spreadsheets for calculating the long term debt payoff plan, and keeping track of card utilization.

And I just started using a checkbook register for my debit card, and a separate one for the one zero balance credit card I have designated to use if I absolutely must make a purchase that requires a Visa.

I'm sorry, I just realied that there was another thread on this. I was just too excited about the new forum!

Can a mdoerator please merge these?

I would like to add this one to the budget calculators. One trick I've learned is to put your 401k witholding amount in the tithe slot.(or you can put 0 in it) This is a very basic,simple and easy to use, quick budget calculator.

Online Budget Calculator

Here is a one stop page that has almost every calculator you will ever need for anything.

Every kind of financal calculator you'll need at one site

P.S. Here is a popular retirement calculator

Ballpark Estimate Calculator

Edited by Clarkfan2

Hi - I need help on the Debt Snowball spreadsheet. How do I use it? Where do I put the numbers, and what numbers do I put in it? If someone has an example or some instructions, they'd be greatly appreciated!

I would like to add this one to the budget calculators. One trick I've learned is to put your 401k witholding amount in the tithe slot.(or you can put 0 in it) This is a very basic,simple and easy to use, quick budget calculator.

Online Budget Calculator

Here is a one stop page that has almost every calculator you will ever need for anything.

Every kind of financal calculator you'll need at one site

P.S. Here is a popular retirement calculator

Ballpark Estimate Calculator

I've been looking for these calculators for the longest time!

I didn't see this one mentioned. I haven't used it much but it looks interesting, especially since it's free under the GNU license.

GnuCash

Does anyone have a good credit card payment calculator? I want to see what the payment will be if I transfer balances to a card with half the interest rate of the others.