Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Hooray for me!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 5744 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Yeah! After 1 year and 2 weeks, I have taken my equifax score from 407 to 714!!!!!! I started with 5 collections, 3 charge-offs, 2 "other" accounts (sherman/alegis), and 3 accounts closed with late payments. 23 inquiries to boot.

NOw I have 5 accounts (4 closed in good standing, 1 open in good standing) no collections, no charge-offs, no "other" and only 4 inquiries!!!

Thanks to everyone here and everywhere else on the web for the information and assistance!

TU is up from 409 to 630 (9 inquiries, 1 collection (paid) 1 account with lates (from 97) and 1 "transferred to another lender")

Experian is up from 419 to 633 (20 inquiries, 1 collection (paid) 1 account with lates(from 97))

Still waiting for results from TU and Ex regardin last round of disputes... keeping the fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks again everyone for all the pointers!

how did you get rid of the chargeoffs? That is my hard part. I have alot that are paid by settlement.

That was the hard part, since I had settled them... Basically, it came down to running up the ladder, from CSR, to supervisor, to manager, to VP's, CEO's... Once you get your message across to enough people, and they realize that they've already got your money, and you're going to call/email/fax/mail them OVER AND OVER AGAIN, they'll delete just to get you out of their hair.

Several of the OC's I dealt with were INCREDIBLY nice and a pleasure to work with, several were not, and really made me go through some hoops.

NONE of the CA's were nice or easy to work with, but it would appear through a little persistence, you can find an inaccuracy on almost every TL, and call them on it. I could have gone the ITS route, and probably won, but I'm not in this for profit, I just wanted things to be right.

Finally, I don't know if it's just plain luck or if it's something I use in my wording, but TU and EQ have never sent me a "prev. Investigated" or "frivolous" letter, and both have deleted inq's immediately upon my stating "no permissible purpose." I did include "By reporting these inquiries without proving they had permissible purpose, you are in direct violation of the FCRA" but never any more detail.

Experian??? ARGH... I have had better luck trying to levitate objects than dealing with them. They make it impossible to contact them, they always try to get out of my disputes (previously investigated, send us proof of address, we don't investigate inquiries...), they verify things that I have "delete" letters from creditors, they just suck. TU is better, but not much.

Thanks again to everyone! I hope that I can provide some input now after lurking here for a year with only a few posts. I have gathered some great info and finally feel like I am in control of my credit.

how did you get rid of the chargeoffs? That is my hard part. I have alot that are paid by settlement.

That was the hard part, since I had settled them... Basically, it came down to running up the ladder, from CSR, to supervisor, to manager, to VP's, CEO's... Once you get your message across to enough people, and they realize that they've already got your money, and you're going to call/email/fax/mail them OVER AND OVER AGAIN, they'll delete just to get you out of their hair.

Several of the OC's I dealt with were INCREDIBLY nice and a pleasure to work with, several were not, and really made me go through some hoops.

NONE of the CA's were nice or easy to work with, but it would appear through a little persistence, you can find an inaccuracy on almost every TL, and call them on it. I could have gone the ITS route, and probably won, but I'm not in this for profit, I just wanted things to be right.

Finally, I don't know if it's just plain luck or if it's something I use in my wording, but TU and EQ have never sent me a "prev. Investigated" or "frivolous" letter, and both have deleted inq's immediately upon my stating "no permissible purpose." I did include "By reporting these inquiries without proving they had permissible purpose, you are in direct violation of the FCRA" but never any more detail.

Experian??? ARGH... I have had better luck trying to levitate objects than dealing with them. They make it impossible to contact them, they always try to get out of my disputes (previously investigated, send us proof of address, we don't investigate inquiries...), they verify things that I have "delete" letters from creditors, they just suck. TU is better, but not much.

Thanks again to everyone! I hope that I can provide some input now after lurking here for a year with only a few posts. I have gathered some great info and finally feel like I am in control of my credit.

Excellent strategy. I employed it many times. Too bad it doesn't work at Crapital One or I'd be 100% clean.

Congrats on the scores. Sounds like you've earned it.

on the contrary, this worked VERY well at capital one... I wish I could give more detail, but planetfeedback eventually got the ball rolling for me.

The last post in this topic was posted 5744 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.