Sign in to follow this  
Caramel_Pinay

Taco Bell asked for ID

These clerks are pathetic.

Did you see the episode of Oprah when she went to Costco for the first time and bought a couple of shopping carts full of stuff.

When she got to the cashier, she (the cashier) got on the loud speaker requesting "check approval" on her register! Remember now that Oprah is the richest (and most identified) woman in America.

True...and how many people are named "Oprah"? But on a similar note, in High School I had taken a part time cashier job at a local grocery store in a, I guess, higher rent part of town. Well, a local builders wife (apparently these people were and still are very well known in Houston in the home builders circle) came in and had come through my line and paid with a check. I asked for ID because I was supposed to. I wasn't familiar with these people having just moved here. I thought my supervisor was gonna have a cow... :rofl:

Hey...life goes on...

Those cheesey potatoes are reeeeaaaal tasty.

I'd probably give them anything they wanted, it smells so yummy in there. In my town there are no drive-thrus allowed so you have to go inside. Then they seduce with warm luscious faux mexican food smells.

I'm sending my BF to 'bell to fetch some dinner. DAMN YOU CARAMEL!

I don't care if they ask for ID or not, I'm more concerned when I pay CASH and they can't COUNT back CHANGE to me.

CREDIT CARD NO CHANGE TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

Yes, but if the clerk hadn't asked her for the ID the 2nd time, and her manager was around, the clerk might have gotten in trouble for violating the policy....

Maybe/Maybe not, if there was any question the cashier could have said I did check her ID already. It's not a lie.

Not everybody has the luxury to confront their boss. It's very common to be out of a job for crossing your boss.

Use to work the food industry myself for a few years. I had to ask for ID and I did but if they were RETURNING customers, why ask?? I am not saying dont ask for ID if it's your policy but COME ON PEOPLE she was just there 3 minutes ago..IF THAT! When I was a waitress I had regulars...you think I am gonna ask them every time for their ID...I think not and if my boss asked me I would tell them that I did ask for it, and I did the first time...guess I have a better memory than the taco bell worker...I dont know. All I am saying is that she was just there and the person asked again...it was not needed and the cashier would of not "crossed" her boss if she said that she did ask for ID.

As for Cotterpin...I SO AGREE, when some one gets stummped on counting back 83 cents...I worry!

Those cheesey potatoes are reeeeaaaal tasty.

I'd probably give them anything they wanted, it smells so yummy in there. In my town there are no drive-thrus allowed so you have to go inside. Then they seduce with warm luscious faux mexican food smells.

I'm sending my BF to 'bell to fetch some dinner. DAMN YOU CARAMEL!

Why arent drive thrus allowed and what state are you in?? Man, I can remember the days of Jack N the Crack runs at 1:00 morn with the "munchies".

then I wonder where all this damn weight came from :rofl:

how can you eat that crap?

What Sonics or Taco Bell??? Well either, some times when you crave it you CRAVE IT!

It's like I wonder how people can eat Greek food, I still cant get a taste for it but BF LLOOOVVVVEEESSSS it. The again he was stationed overseas in Iraq for awhile so how knows what he eat there.

Did you see the episode of Oprah when she went to Costco for the first time and bought a couple of shopping carts full of stuff.

When she got to the cashier, she (the cashier) got on the loud speaker requesting "check approval" on her register! Remember now that Oprah is the richest (and most identified) woman in America.

True...and how many people are named "Oprah"? But on a similar note, in High School I had taken a part time cashier job at a local grocery store in a, I guess, higher rent part of town. Well, a local builders wife (apparently these people were and still are very well known in Houston in the home builders circle) came in and had come through my line and paid with a check. I asked for ID because I was supposed to. I wasn't familiar with these people having just moved here. I thought my supervisor was gonna have a cow... :blink:

Hey...life goes on...

I did the same thing in college to a local weatherman. I asked for ID he says "Don't you know who I am?" "Ummmm, yeah buddy, but I still need to write down your DL#, DOB, etc"

Yes, but if the clerk hadn't asked her for the ID the 2nd time, and her manager was around, the clerk might have gotten in trouble for violating the policy....

Maybe/Maybe not, if there was any question the cashier could have said I did check her ID already. It's not a lie.

Not everybody has the luxury to confront their boss. It's very common to be out of a job for crossing your boss.

Use to work the food industry myself for a few years. I had to ask for ID and I did but if they were RETURNING customers, why ask?? I am not saying dont ask for ID if it's your policy but COME ON PEOPLE she was just there 3 minutes ago..IF THAT! When I was a waitress I had regulars...you think I am gonna ask them every time for their ID...I think not and if my boss asked me I would tell them that I did ask for it, and I did the first time...guess I have a better memory than the taco bell worker...I dont know. All I am saying is that she was just there and the person asked again...it was not needed and the cashier would of not "crossed" her boss if she said that she did ask for ID.

As for Cotterpin...I SO AGREE, when some one gets stummped on counting back 83 cents...I worry!

I still remember three of my regular customers' DL #s from 14 years ago

I still remember three of my regular customers' DL #s from 14 years ago

The only thing I remember was the sexy cops address...hhhhmmm wonder if one of em is still single. Well that and getting drunk while working the bar :blink:

Im with Quilty....If the clerk DIDNt ask for ID, even on the 2nd time, yall would be starting yet another thread about how they dont check signatures or ask for ID...

Puh-leeze....Im going to bed, yall are annoying me tonight

Hope tomorrow is better

Im with Quilty....If the clerk DIDNt ask for ID, even on the 2nd time, yall would be starting yet another thread about how they dont check signatures or ask for ID...

Hope tomorrow is better

NO Tee, that one was already done and gone with two days ago :(

Didnt you chime in on that one too?

Hope tomorrow is better

NO Tee, that one was already done and gone with two days ago :(

nope I let that 1 go...shoulda did the same with this 1

Hope tomorrow is better

NO Tee, that one was already done and gone with two days ago :yu:

nope I let that 1 go...shoulda did the same with this 1

aawww Tee, iii lllooovvveeee yyyoouuu!

Hey, I at least stuck to my guns! I said in the other thread I dont like showing ID and I stuck up for Tx on this one..ssseee Im consitent, at what I dont know but at least I am. :(

Everyone knows that the first place a crook would go after boosting someones credit card would be to Taco Bell.

Aw, this had to be a joke for the effect right? Why the hell would Oprah (or anyone, come on, join the 21st century already!) pay with a check? Surely she has an Amex that would have worked! :grin: Or a debit/ATM card....

We have sonic commercials on all hours of the day

But I have yet to see a sonic anywhere in NY state (that I have been) or anywhere on the east coast for that matter (from PA to ME)....

Sad...

It's interesting how, "I'm just doing my job", has become the crutch for stupidity. Ivan Pavlov would be proud...

Just because the policy exists doesn't mean it's worthy of being followed. Take a stand against the gradual "dumbing down" of society...

Oh, Dear! She might lose her job... At minimum wage, that's easy to replace...

Those of you that support her actions can't beat me up over this, I had to say it. As a citizen trying to improve America, "I'm just doing my job".

Aw, this had to be a joke for the effect right?  Why the hell would Oprah (or anyone, come on, join the 21st century already!) pay with a check?  Surely she has an Amex that would have worked! B)  Or a debit/ATM card....

I'd have to agree. I think someone behind the scene probably thought it would be a 'hoot' if the clerk asked for check approval.

I guess it wasn't that funny. *shrug* :grin:

Hey, remember when sonic had the offer, if you don't get your food with in X minutes than you get a coupon for a free burger? That was so great. We'd get our coupons, go back to use them, they'd be slow again, so we'd get another coupon. I was actually kind of happy when that ended I was getting pretty tired of eating them but they were free and hard to pass up.

Than we moved so no more sonic, I want some chili cheese fries! Might have to see if I can find one around here.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines