Sign in to follow this  
Caramel_Pinay

Taco Bell asked for ID

Seriously. I whip out my Toys R US Visa since me and kiddies just left there to get diapers and check out toys for a bit.

Pull up the the drive-thru and handed the credit card to cashier.

She says: Ma'am, may I see your drivers license, please?

I said, "No.".

That really confused her and she said it was their policy. I smiled and gave it to her no signature was requested.

DS wanted another burrito, so I had to drive around again and was asked for ID by the same cashier 20 minutes later.

I said, ma'am, ID is for strangers. YOu know me. You just rang up my order.

Like a robot she said it's just a rule. I had to dig out my license again out of that plastic slot cover. :good:

:clapping: Even SAT exam administrators are allowed to "ID" based on knowledge of the student!

Having worked dead end jobs like that in college, I'll never understand why people have to give others a hard time about something when they are just doing their job for their measly minimum wage. Maybe it makes them feel good about themselves, I dunno.

You should of introduced your seld and THEN doe the drive thru again, and said said we arent strangers anymore you know me hehe.

Having worked dead end jobs like that in college, I'll never understand why people have to give others a hard time about something when they are just doing their job for their measly minimum wage. Maybe it makes them feel good about themselves, I dunno.

I didn't give her a hard time at all. She knew she just rang me up when she said, "Did we leave something off your order?"

That's just foolish and petty IMO.

It's not like I pulled a Clark Kent and put on glasses and all of a sudden I looked different or something.

Well, why couldnt the cashier remember her from 3 minutes ago?? That's just silly, did she think her ID and CC changed w/in that time frame?? I dont mind showing ID the first time but if I come back in a reasonable amount of time and it's the same person....let's get serious here. Then again maybe that is why she is working a dead end job (as I have too) because she cant think beyond the person in front of her.

I do agree that was pretty foolish of her to ask for an ID a second time though. But, they are like "drones" when they're doing repetitive things like that all day. :clapping:

I didn't give her a hard time at all. She knew she just rang me up when she said, "Did we leave something off your order?"

That's just foolish and petty IMO.

It's not like I pulled a Clark Kent and put on glasses and all of a sudden I looked different or something.

Edited by nabeya

MMMM Taco Bell.

:clapping::good::lol:

I totally got a Homer Simpson thought in my head from that...just dont drool on the keyboard.

Now that you all got me thinking of food, I want SONICS.....NNNOOOWWWW! The closest one is 2 hours away!

Yes, but if the clerk hadn't asked her for the ID the 2nd time, and her manager was around, the clerk might have gotten in trouble for violating the policy....

Yes, but if the clerk hadn't asked her for the ID the 2nd time, and her manager was around, the clerk might have gotten in trouble for violating the policy....

Maybe/Maybe not, if there was any question the cashier could have said I did check her ID already. It's not a lie.

$8.43 TACO BELL (TUESDAY PM AFTER MY $17,900+ SUV)

NO ID (not that I would give it)--I AM NOT AFRAID TO WALK!!!

NO SIGNATURE

I only do DRIVE-THRU when they won't let me inside...(AFTER 9 or 10pm)

You sould of really confused her by refusing to show it to her. They can't ask for ID. It says it in the agreement with the CC companies.

And you do turn into "drones" when you work at places like that. I use to work there. It was so bad I was asking people if they wanted sauce when the just ordered drinks. That's when I decided it was time to quit. You really don't want to know what's in the meat.

Maybe/Maybe not, if there was any question the cashier could have said I did check her ID already. It's not a lie.

Not everybody has the luxury to confront their boss. It's very common to be out of a job for crossing your boss.

NO SIGNATURE

$8.43 could feed an army at Taco Bell!!! :rofl:

MMMM Taco Bell.

:rofl::lol::lol:

I totally got a Homer Simpson thought in my head from that...just dont drool on the keyboard.

Now that you all got me thinking of food, I want SONICS.....NNNOOOWWWW! The closest one is 2 hours away!

I have (2) SONICS 1/2 hour away (one northeast and one southeast)

Having worked in retail where we were required to see ID (some time ago), it didn't matter if it was my MOTHER, I had to ask to see the ID, no matter how many times I waited on a customer. The girl's just doing her job. Why give her a hard time about it?

On another note, I thought it interesting that YESTERDAY people were complaining that someone did NOT ask for ID and now today someone's complaining that someone DID ask for ID. :rofl:

NO SIGNATURE

10 TACO'S INCLUDING TAX

I don't care if they ask for ID or not, I'm more concerned when I pay CASH and they can't COUNT back CHANGE to me.

Having worked in retail where we were required to see ID (some time ago), it didn't matter if it was my MOTHER, I had to ask to see the ID, no matter how many times I waited on a customer. The girl's just doing her job. Why give her a hard time about it?

On another note, I thought it interesting that YESTERDAY people were complaining that someone did NOT ask for ID and now today someone's complaining that someone DID ask for ID. :rofl:

You can't please everyone all the time. Was it Henry Ford who said..."you can have any color...as long as it's black..."

NO SIGNATURE

10 TACO'S INCLUDING TAX

That sounds about right. I remember Taco Bell well from my PCK (Poor College Kid) days.

These clerks are pathetic.

Did you see the episode of Oprah when she went to Costco for the first time and bought a couple of shopping carts full of stuff.

When she got to the cashier, she (the cashier) got on the loud speaker requesting "check approval" on her register! Remember now that Oprah is the richest (and most identified) woman in America.

MMMM Taco Bell.

Heck, I wouldnt even mind driving to Bakersfield for a Sonics burger right now. Would rather go to that one than the one closer to me anyway...care for lunch George?? I'll met ya there hehe

MMMM Taco Bell.

I have 2 Sonic's both less than 2 miles away from my house. Mmmmmmmmm Reese's Blast with extra Reese's anyone?

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JerHawk
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines