Sign in to follow this  
Caramel_Pinay

Simon Gift Cards

i believe they are considered cash transaction but i am not really sure - ive bought them once and paid with cash :D

Simon subtracts $2.50 a month after 6 months for any cards with a balance left , and then charges a fee of $7.50 to Re-activate the Card.

Where Is The Benefit There ?

Do a Google for

Simon Gift Card and Mass. Attorney General

Bob

I will do a search on them. I did notice how they charge a maintenance fee on this card after 6 or 7 months. I think it reeks that they don't re-fill the card.

I just wanted to rack up points on my CC. I was going to spend it online for paying bills.

Does anyone know if it's a quasi-cash transaction or a regular charge.

The way I understand it is that it equivalent to a gift certificate, thats all.

and you have to keep track of what the balance is left on the card because the stores cant do that, they have to send an electronic request for x amount.

and here is mass they are supposed to be honored for 3 or 7 years ( I forget exactly which). but with the fees they are almost worthless after a year.

They just got into trouble with the attorney gen here and their response was that it doesnt matter because everyone uses them right away anyway.

Not that they would fix it right away but that it doesnt matter

I used them one year and will never use them again too much of a hassle

do you really want to do business with a company like that ? I wouldn't.

I really just wanted to find a gift card that I could purchase w/my CC and get points.

I find this easier than buying gifts as well.

If anyone else can chime in on a lesser evil Visa Gift Card company, please do. :lol:

The way I understand it is that it equivalent to a gift certificate, thats all.  

and you have to keep track of what the balance is left on the card because the stores cant do that, they have to send an electronic request for x amount.  

and here is mass they are supposed to be honored for 3 or 7 years ( I forget exactly which). but with the fees they are almost worthless after a year.  

They just got into trouble with the attorney gen here and their response was that it doesnt matter because everyone uses them right away anyway.  

Not that they would fix it right away but that it doesnt matter

I used them one year and will never use them again too much of a hassle  

do you really want to do business with a company like that ? I wouldn't.

Yes the MA AG is currently suing them because they violate Mass laws for gift certs. I wouldn't use them...