Sign in to follow this  
SCORPIO07

DO YOU SING THE BACK OF YOUR MAJOR CREDIT CARDS

Interesting I have never seen a sign that states they will not take a card that says see ID.  I do it for security and you are right for the most part they dont look at the back of the card.

For all of those using your CCs at Post offices...they will not take it unless it is signed...

nor should they

I just pulled my CC's out of my 4 coffee mugs and I must say, the signatures have come off all except Penfed, Dillards, and Sears. :shock:

what kinda ink we gotta use ta make 'em stick?

I wouldn't sign it.  If it gets stolen not only does the thief have your credit card, but they also have your signature.

Please, if they want your business, they will swipe your card.

sc

LET ME SEE I FIND AN UNSIGNED CARD...I SIGN MARK SMITH--AMAZING

I just pulled my CC's out of my 4 coffee mugs and I must say, the signatures have come off all except Penfed, Dillards, and Sears. :shock:  

what kinda ink we gotta use ta make 'em stick?

BLUE (10 pack for about $1.00-$2.00)

Interesting I have never seen a sign that states they will not take a card that says see ID.  I do it for security and you are right for the most part they dont look at the back of the card.

For all of those using your CCs at Post offices...they will not take it unless it is signed...

TECHNICALLY** no business is supposed to take an UNSIGNED card

**credit card policy

SEE ID

CID

SEE LICENSE

ARE NOT VALID SIGNATURES

I have always signed my cards, since receiving my first card in 1971. I always thank the employee who looks at the back of my card. I was at ACE Hardware last Friday. The guy, in front of me, was asked for his driver's license, when he gave the cashier his card. I didn't pay close attention, if his card was signed or not. I was just in line to pickup my checked backpack. I use a permanent ink marker to sign my cards, like a Sharpie or like with a fine point. I have found that my signature lasts longer on the card, if I do not keep it in my wallet and pull it out often--this is especially true of ballpoint ink signatures.

I never sigh my cards. Occasionally a merchant will ask for ID but most of the time I either swipe it myself, or shop on the internet. So what difference does it make?

There is a web site for COMPLAINTS about asking for ID on a signed card...THERE IS NOT A WEB SITE

ABOUT A BUSINESS REFUSING TO ACCEPT AN UNSIGNED CARD

My American Express has my account number printed right smack dab in the middle of the signature area. Even If I did sign it you wouldn't be able to read it.

My American Express has my account number printed right smack dab in the middle of the signature area.  Even If I did sign it you wouldn't be able to read it.

I SIGN SMALL

(All the way to the right after the numbers)

The contract you enter into when you apply for and receive a credit card states categorically

that the card must be signed by you to be valid.

The merchant agreements stipulate that no supplemental ID can be asked for in the course

of a normal credit card transaction using a Visa or Mastercard.

By not signing a card or signing it with "see ID," and having a merchant ask for ID, you've

created a situation where you are both in breach of your agreements.

Do as you will. This is a pointless thread because those who do things the wrong way will

(as usual) fail to ever admit that what they're doing is wrong.

This is a stupid thread.  

The contract you enter into when you apply for and receive a credit card states categorically

that the card must be signed by you to be valid.

The merchant agreements stipulate that no supplemental ID can be asked for in the course  

of a normal credit card transaction using a Visa or Mastercard.  

By not signing a card or signing it with "see ID," and having a merchant ask for ID, you've

created a situation where you are both in breach of your agreements.

Do as you will. This is a pointless thread because those who do things the wrong way will  

(as usual) fail to ever admit that what they're doing is wrong.

funny, this thread struck me exactly the same way pointless

Thanks for all the comments. I started this thread because I was curious as to what others were doing. Oh and if you thought the post was pointless then why did you take the time to post your comments or were you just trying to be rude.

SEE ID

SEE LICENSE

CID

NONE ARE VALID SIGNATURES

CARD IS VOID IF NOT SIGNED

CARD IS SUBJECT TO REFUSAL BY MANY BUSINESSES

YOU MAY ALSO BE DENIED PROTECTION FOR FRAUD BY NOT SIGNING...BY SIGNING THE CARD YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT

NO FLAMES NECESSARY!!!

Can you do both?

Sign it and also write in see ID?

NOT POINTLESS!!!

It is informing the people that use the WRONG SIGNATURE to correct their mistake

Ask for a new card

Get new card in the mail

Says call the number and confirm receipt

Phone says "SIGN THE BACK OF THE CARD WITH YOUR NAME AND REMOVE THE CALL NUMBER STICKER FROM THE FRONT OF THE CARD--YOU ARE GOOD TO GO"

SEE ID

SEE LICENSE

CID

NONE ARE VALID SIGNATURES

CARD IS VOID IF NOT SIGNED

CARD IS SUBJECT TO REFUSAL BY MANY BUSINESSES

YOU MAY ALSO BE DENIED PROTECTION FOR FRAUD BY NOT SIGNING...BY SIGNING THE CARD YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT

NO FLAMES NECESSARY!!!

Can you do both?

Sign it and also write in see ID?

If you want to...

Thanks for all the comments.  I started this thread because I was curious as to what others were doing.  Oh and if you thought the post was pointless then why did you take the time to post your comments or were you just trying to be rude.

Clearly I'm a rude person, no question about that, but this is a silly topic and that's just my opinion. Others disgree that's fine, but I'll add my .02 whether I'm being rude or not and that's that

I, in no way, meant for my answer to be rude. From the standpoint of helping people

understand the rules of credit card signatures, and the correct way of signing, this

thread has merit.

I only meant it is pointless to attempt to convince people, who refuse to see their errors

in the face of contrary evidence, that what they're doing is wrong. They already know it.

They simply refuse to accept it.

Thanks for all the comments.  I started this thread because I was curious as to what others were doing.  Oh and if you thought the post was pointless then why did you take the time to post your comments or were you just trying to be rude.

Clearly I'm a rude person, no question about that, but this is a silly topic and that's just my opinion. Others disgree that's fine, but I'll add my .02 whether I'm being rude or not and that's that

:D:lol: :wink: :8)

PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT RUDE

IS...TILL THEY KNOW ME!!!

(but I am a TEDDY BEAR inside)

yeah yeah yeah, your all bark no bite

yeah yeah yeah, your all bark no bite

RUFF

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tup96
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines