Sign in to follow this  
SCORPIO07

DO YOU SING THE BACK OF YOUR MAJOR CREDIT CARDS

Ok I have a question do you sign the back of your major credit cards? I started to put SEE ID in the Signature line. Was just wondering if I am the only one who does this?

FICO

TU 697

EQ 640

EX 629

Ok I have a question do you sign the back of your major credit cards?  I started to put SEE ID in the Signature line.  Was just wondering if I am the only one who does this?

FICO

TU 697

EQ 640  

EX 629

I DON'T SING THE BACK OF THE CARD--BUT I ALWAYS SIGN THE BACK OF MY CARDS...ALWAYS HAVE!!!

People put things like "See ID" in there as an extra precaution.........but it really doesn't work too much I don't think. I can't even remember the last time a cashier looked at the back of my card much less looked at it and then asked me for ID to see if it was me.

THEN.........you get all these automated credit card things anyways......department stores, grocery stores, gas stations, etc.... There is NOBODY monitoring whose card you put in there.

Don't know where you're at, but here, the post office have signs all over the place saying they flat out will refuse a card that says "See ID". They say it MUST be signed. The card issuer requires a signature and so if it isn't signed, it therefore is not a valid card. They have these signs at each teller and on the wall in 2 places.

SEE ID

SEE LICENSE

CID

NONE ARE VALID SIGNATURES

CARD IS VOID IF NOT SIGNED

CARD IS SUBJECT TO REFUSAL BY MANY BUSINESSES

YOU MAY ALSO BE DENIED PROTECTION FOR FRAUD BY NOT SIGNING...BY SIGNING THE CARD YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT

NO FLAMES NECESSARY!!!

Interesting I have never seen a sign that states they will not take a card that says see ID. I do it for security and you are right for the most part they dont look at the back of the card.

People put things like "See ID" in there as an extra precaution.........but it really doesn't work too much I don't think.  I can't even remember the last time a cashier looked at the back of my card much less looked at it and then asked me for ID to see if it was me.

Yep, can't remember the last time I was asked for ID when I used my cc's...just swipe the card and hand it back to me.

Am I the only one here who now has "I Sing the Body Electric" from "Fame" rolling through my head?

Damn.

Yeah, I sign my cards. Just for the halibut.

If your card is stolen and is used and you did NOT sign the back of the card you may be liable FOR ALL CHARGES incurred. There have been several news stories of just this happening.

SWIPE CARD

COMPARE SIGNATURE THAT IS SIGNED WITH THE SIGNATURE ON THE BACK OF THE CARD

SALE DONE

LACKING A SIGNATURE (CARD IS VOID) TECHNICALLY

IF A BUSINESS ACCEPTS IT WITH A DRIVERS LICENSE or STATE ISSUED ID CARD or MILITARY ID or PASSPORT...IT IS AT THEIR DISCRETION (NO CREDIT CARD REQUIREMENT TO ACCEPT IT)

POSSIBLE LOSS OF FRAUD PROTECTION BY NOT SIGNING

If a card is picked up at POS and you didn't sign it before it was LOST/STOLEN and they get it returned to them (YOUR BANK) and they SEE you didn't sign it...THEY "MAY"

Yes, I have all my cards signed (you have to, right?).

I also have notations on there "Pls ask for ID", and some of them do but most don't.

I haven't signed the back of my CC's in about 10 yrs. I write "see ID" and while a handful haven't asked me for it, most of my experience is that I'm asked for it. I started putting "see ID" because that was recommended to me from the CC issuer themself. Sorry, but I can't remember which one...I think it was farrington bank????

As far as the fraud thing.....I don't know. My sister and I just had this conversation on thanksgiving.....she's starts her new "fraud investigations" job on Monday and will be informing me of the answer. I will post what she learns in her job :D

Am I the only one here who now has "I Sing the Body Electric" from "Fame" rolling through my head?

Damn.

Yeah, I sign my cards.  Just for the halibut.

I sing the body electric. I celebrate the me yet to come. I toast to my own reunion, when I become one with the SUN<<<<(HIGH NOTE!!!!)

:oops: Sorry went out & had a Margarita with a friend....couldn't resist :oops:

Yes, I sign my cards. I've even had those checkout terminals to tell cashier to compare signatures when purchase hits a certain amount.

Damn.

Yeah, I sign my cards.  Just for the halibut.

NO, Neen. You are not alone. When OP said

do ya sing your cards?
, I'm all like, Sometimes I do sing them. Sometimes a light show tune and on occasion I sing a small jingle.

I wouldn't sign it. If it gets stolen not only does the thief have your credit card, but they also have your signature.

Please, if they want your business, they will swipe your card.

sc

Come on people! Sign your card, your not thwarting a thief if you choose not to sign, your just taking up too much time at the checkout line because now a cashier has to call a manager over AND I'M BEHIND YOU!!!

Anyone who wants your info will get it, not signing a card will give the thief carte blanche to use his/her own signature rendition of your name, this is a silly discussion IMHO

Come on people! Sign your card, your not thwarting a thief if you choose not to sign, your just taking up too much time at the checkout line because now a cashier has to call a manager over AND I'M BEHIND YOU!!!

Anyone who wants your info will get it, not signing a card will give the thief carte blanche to use his/her own signature rendition of your name, this is a silly discussion IMHO

Grrrrr... PUts CramIt in a headlock and isses severe "noogie". :D

Grrrrr... PUts CramIt in a headlock and isses severe "noogie". :D

A noogie from you Caramel, is like an affirmation ;-)

Interesting I have never seen a sign that states they will not take a card that says see ID.  I do it for security and you are right for the most part they dont look at the back of the card.

For all of those using your CCs at Post offices...they will not take it unless it is signed...

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JerHawk
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines