biz cards reporting

The last post in this topic was posted 6178 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

i am a little confused about how the biz cards report. they certainly don't show up on my personal credit, and they don't appear to show up on my business credit. does this mean that biz credit cards ONLY report when you default?? i'm assuming they'd report to both personal and biz if there was a default. that being said, how do other biz credit cards decide whether to extend you credit?? if i have a capital one biz card with a 2500$ limit, how would any other biz card provider know about that card/limit?? in that case, every biz card would be some sort of phantom, unknown credit line and each credit line with a creditor would have to start from scratch. someone please help me understand this process.

You are correct they only report if you default. I don't think other banks know what limits you have on your business credit cards. Capital One is very stingy with CL and the APR is very high. The issuer checks your credit report and base their denial or approval based on your personal credit.

I hope this helps. Business credit is somewhat of a mystery. :(

right, i have a capital one biz card. it started at like 1100$ and i just got it raised to 2300$ or so. i'd like to use that card as a reference for another biz card, but i don't really see how to go about doing so. if i go to another one, say advanta, there is no way for them to find out about the cap1 line and issue me credit accordingly. i suppose going directly to a bank and giving them references and tradelines and such might be the only way to get that to report. otherwise, i guess the d&b credit builder thing would get them reported to them, but i don't think the biz cards look at d&b.

you are right, it definitely seems like they use a magic wand sometimes to make their decisions.

You are correct they only report if you default. I don't think other banks know what limits you have on your business credit cards. Capital One is very stingy with CL and the APR is very high. The issuer checks your credit report and base their denial or approval based on your personal credit.

I hope this helps. Business credit is somewhat of a mystery. :)

not true in MY case, my biz bank cards show up on my Biz Experian report....

I hope this helps. Business credit is somewhat of a mystery. :)

Tee .. you get the Biz Experian report frm Experian's website I assume?

How much for the report, and is there a discount code? LOL. Ok, ok, I know I can look it up myself, but if you tell before I have to look, I'll have zeus schedule a very private tour for you!

I hope this helps. Business credit is somewhat of a mystery. :lol:

Tee .. you get the Biz Experian report frm Experian's website I assume?

How much for the report, and is there a discount code? LOL. Ok, ok, I know I can look it up myself, but if you tell before I have to look, I'll have zeus schedule a very private tour for you!

blah, Exp charges I think $8 or $10 for Biz report....yep from EXP site...no discount code that I know of( not that it would stop YOU from pulling)

The last post in this topic was posted 6178 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.