Apple Card Pioneer New Leap Era!!!

MP80

A special feature of the Apple Card is that the validity period is extended to 15 years, which is a peculiar expiration date that is a policy single to none in terms of other credit card issuers universally adapting the extended period of a maximum of 5 years.

I was surprised time had indeed passed quickly and it's reached nearly the 5-year mark since the Apple Card was introduced to the public of its inception. 

The question becomes: Do all Apple Card customers replaced with a new Titanium card have a card expiration date of 15 years? 

I received my replacement Apple Card today plus a paid return address hard cardboard type repository to send the old Titanium card back for recycling.

6 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

Your new card expires in 2039?

There are three sets of credit card numbers correlated with the Apple Card, the physical card (Titanium card) is the extension to the said 15-year validity period. The virtual card number is valid for 5 years and you may have the option to request a new card number anytime, then another card number for Apple Pay.

I checked again. I'm fairly certain the physical card expires 7/24. I just used it today at Starbucks, to keep it off any inactivity list.

I kind of like to keep old cards as souvenirs. Unless they send me a follow-up letter saying they'll shoot me if I don't return it, I'll keep it. 

17 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I checked again. I'm fairly certain the physical card expires 7/24. I just used it today at Starbucks, to keep it off any inactivity list.

I kind of like to keep old cards as souvenirs. Unless they send me a follow-up letter saying they'll shoot me if I don't return it, I'll keep it. 

It will update the renewal expiration date on your iPhone before you receive your new Titanium card. Apple/GS will first inform you with an email when USPS sends the card on that morning when the card will arrive midday in your mailbox.

My virtual card updated to 7/29 on its own. I've never used it.

I jumped the gun. I don't even see a way to see the expiration date of the physical card. Maybe I can use it, ask for the receipt, and hope the expiration date prints.

I did get the card early on, so a new card should be sent soon. I don't even own an iPhone. I have an Android by work issues me an iPhone. When I retire I'll need to figure out what to do to continue having access to Apple Wallet.

Keep revisiting your iPhone wallet app daily.

Go to your iPhone Wallet app and tap on the card number (virtual card number) ...

At the bottom of the page
Tap on "Additional Card Numbers".

The page will show the last 4 digits of the Titanium card along with the said 15-year expiration date. 

On the bottom page, the last 4 digits for the Apple Pay.

1 hour ago, MP80 said:

Keep revisiting your iPhone wallet app daily.

Go to your iPhone Wallet app and tap on the card number (virtual card number) ...

At the bottom of the page
Tap on "Additional Card Numbers".

The page will show the last 4 digits of the Titanium card along with the said 15-year expiration date. 

On the bottom page, the last 4 digits for the Apple Pay.

Thanks. I just did. It shows a 7/24 expiration. Also, I just paid the card off. The Starbucks purchase already posted. 

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

It shows a 7/24 expiration.

As I said before, Apple/GS will notify you to renew when the new expiration date is up, and you will then see the year change from 2029 to 2039.

On 6/9/2024 at 7:08 AM, Burgerwars said:

I checked again. I'm fairly certain the physical card expires 7/24.

Once your account is reviewed and renewed, your new physical card (Titanium) will expire in July 2039 and your iPhone Wallet Apple Card will update to reflect the new card's current data.

I did get the email today that I'll be getting a new Apple Card within three weeks. In Apple Wallet the expiration date for the titanium card went from 7/24 to 8/24. I assume the expiration will be a long time from now once I activate it. 

5 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I did get the email today that I'll be getting a new Apple Card within three weeks. In Apple Wallet the expiration date for the titanium card went from 7/24 to 8/24. I assume the expiration will be a long time from now once I activate it. 

You will be notified with USPS tracking numbers plus
activating your card is easy, you need your iPhone and the packaging your card came in.

• 2 weeks later...

The excitement is building. I do see on USPS Informed Delivery an item saying "Apple, Compton CA." It looks like a shipping label with USPS tracking is created, but the post office is still awaiting the item.

This has to be the card. 

Edited by Burgerwars

I'm going to break my new card in tomorrow. Buying lunch.

Should I send the old card back in the enclosed UPS envelope? I do have a collection of old credit cards. The card looks exactly the same, so I might mix it up if I keep it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

The card expires on 6/39. That's a long time. 

I presume Apple/GS would avoid investing the extra money to buy and make millions of titanium cards, including hiring a large staff to run the factories to manufacture and refine these expensive titanium cards. Is it indeed a fantastic or a fanatical rabid new idea?

I remember Apple/GS openly announcing that it would cost $300 to approve an Apple Card customer, and I figured the titanium used to make the card must be expensive.

Edited by MP80

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

Should I send the old card back in the enclosed UPS envelope? I do have a collection of old credit cards. The card looks exactly the same, so I might mix it up if I keep it.

I recommend you send your titanium card in for recycling, it is safer and prevents Apple/GS from asking for money.

The titanium cards are the property of the card issuer and must be returned upon request. They are asking you to return it.