Jump to content

my recent absence...


centex
 Share

Recommended Posts

round 6 is in the books, but the second dose of the Ziextenzo kicked my butt...neck and shoulder pains and it wasn't from sleeping wrong.  

 

Aside from that, still no nausea but lots of thinning hair...

 

Round 7 comes up on Tuesday morning. 

 

And, thanks to those who have offered kind thoughts.  Nothing about this is speedy, but at least I appear to have rounded the halfway point on the chemo...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

On 4/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, centex said:

round 6 is in the books, but the second dose of the Ziextenzo kicked my butt...neck and shoulder pains and it wasn't from sleeping wrong.  

 

Aside from that, still no nausea but lots of thinning hair...

 

Round 7 comes up on Tuesday morning. 

 

And, thanks to those who have offered kind thoughts.  Nothing about this is speedy, but at least I appear to have rounded the halfway point on the chemo...

Hoping you have a positive path forward, centex.

 

I presently work at a cancer center (until something better comes along, I suppose) and I always am happy when I hear people no longer need treatment, etc. I'll admit to skimming the thread.. but, I saw that you "have rounded the halfway point on the chemo."

 

You got this. I believe it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

Just saw this.😢  Damn. Wish you the best @centex and really hope you beat it.

Thnx...next week is session 10 of the 12 originally scheduled.

 

Insurance company is pushing back on the CT scan that the oncologist wants to do, claiming there is no showing that an abdominal scan is needed...never mind that the colon is IN the abdominal region.  And the whole point is to confirm that there are no new masses that developed despite the chemo regimen...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, centex said:

Insurance company is pushing back on the CT scan that the oncologist wants to do, claiming there is no showing that an abdominal scan is needed...never mind that the colon is IN the abdominal region.

 

Please tell us that your MD is the type of guy/gal that will stick to their guns!

 

I understand being selective when redundant diagnostics are involved.  But are they really claiming there's no need to ascertain whether there's been "spread"?  Next thing you're gonna tell us is that they favor "praying away" the tumor over treatment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2023 at 2:12 PM, centex said:

Thnx...next week is session 10 of the 12 originally scheduled.

 

Insurance company is pushing back on the CT scan that the oncologist wants to do, claiming there is no showing that an abdominal scan is needed...never mind that the colon is IN the abdominal region.  And the whole point is to confirm that there are no new masses that developed despite the chemo regimen...

Who is the insurance with? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

Who is the insurance with? 

AetnaCVS.

 

Mom actually did the sign up as I was returning home...she was happy with the Aetna from dad's retirement plan and didn't understand the difference between HMO and PPO.  She was just looking for someone on the exchange that handled both my surgeon and the recommended oncologist, with the plan taking effect in February.  Suffice it to say, I will not be renewing with them.  But, by the end of the year, I hopefully won't need them since the chemo is almost done and I hope to have the colon-reconnect by the end of July.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Infusion 12 of 12 was today. Pump disconnect on Thursday ends the chemo.

 

Insurance company was being PITA about the CT scan my oncologist wants and that they can do in house...AetnaCVS is trying to force me to Kelsey for the imaging. I decided not to go that route and will pay the $450 out of pocket on Tuesday of next week. Screw Kelsey Seybold AND Aetna.

 

After the CT scan, a decision will be made on radiation, which would be daily for two weeks. 

 

Fun times I tells ya!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, centex said:

Infusion 12 of 12 was today. Pump disconnect on Thursday ends the chemo.

 

Insurance company was being PITA about the CT scan my oncologist wants and that they can do in house...AetnaCVS is trying to force me to Kelsey for the imaging. I decided not to go that route and will pay the $450 out of pocket on Tuesday of next week. Screw Kelsey Seybold AND Aetna.

 

After the CT scan, a decision will be made on radiation, which would be daily for two weeks. 

 

Fun times I tells ya!

Glad to hear you resolved the CT scan problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Glad to hear you resolved the CT scan problem.

Not the ideal resolution but the most expeditious and, quite possibly cheaper than a co-pay with an idiot for a company that doesn't understand continuity of care...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, centex said:

Infusion 12 of 12 was today. Pump disconnect on Thursday ends the chemo.

 

Insurance company was being PITA about the CT scan my oncologist wants and that they can do in house...AetnaCVS is trying to force me to Kelsey for the imaging. I decided not to go that route and will pay the $450 out of pocket on Tuesday of next week. Screw Kelsey Seybold AND Aetna.

 

After the CT scan, a decision will be made on radiation, which would be daily for two weeks. 

 

Fun times I tells ya!

 

My wife always asks the CT imaging or xRay place for their cash price to avoid this hassle. IF we are not even close to meeting deductible we pay cash price before the appointment. Sometimes its PITA to deal with insurance and justification on some of these processes, like our doc doesnt know any better than a pencil pusher or a bot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been snowed under with new employment...back with a government agency but they pay the insurance, which is like putting ~$850/mo back in my pocket.

 

Treatment TEAM overruled the doc's recommendation of no radiation, but I am still wary. Need to also get the colonoscopy and then surgery to reconnect the colon.

 

Neuropathy hit the hands about a month after I rang the bell. Neither gabapentin or Lyrica helped so I am on low dose oxy to help with some of the side effects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2023 at 10:24 AM, centex said:

Been snowed under with new employment...back with a government agency but they pay the insurance, which is like putting ~$850/mo back in my pocket.

 

OMG!  I only just now caught up with this post.  It's such a relief to hear from you @centex.  (It seems that with all this discussion of medical care floating around, Bev and I just had to check things out for ourselves ...)

 

I'm pullin' for you, gal!  Praying that the challenges that come your way are ones for which you're fully fortified to grapple.  Your keen insight, wit, intelligence and common sense are dearly missed!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm still around...staying busy, still haven't gotten back to Vegas yet...bloodwork is in good shape. Still waiting to get the colon reattachment surgery, but some of that is my delay as I try to build time on the books- I get credit for all of my previous years, but I want to make sure I have a full month JUST IN CASE its the worst case scenario. Going off books screws with money for a good six weeks while they sort things out.

 

The neuropathy is still a pain in hands and feet, but low-dose oxy helps with that during the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      188366
    • Most Online
      2046

    Newest Member
    Rickylee
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines