Bank of the West Cash Back World Mastercard Approval

MP80

So, lately, I've been obsessed with applying for credits, 3 on 3 so far. The Bank of the West pre-approval mailer has been sent to my address every month since May of this year and I didn't bother with it until this morning as this is the last week when the application is going to expire, and by next year Bank of the West will finally be absorbed by BMO Harris Bank. My mood was rushing high, addicted, and excited. I scan the QR code with my camera phone and launch the app...

Approved instantly. It was a bit of a shock! Given that it is always manually reviewed by the underwriters.

I understand from others that it is always an EX-SP for approval, so no HP.

Profile stats:
775 FICO 8
UT< 1%
INQ-1

The following are the data points of other people's applications for the Bank of the West, and I can confirm the actual results at present...

"BOTW Consumer cards are SP approval and they seem to start (almost) everyone out at $3K. Make sure you use the heck out of this card at least 2 months before you attempt a CLI after you've had it for a year. (They only allow one CLI per year and they aren't particularly generous.) On the bright side, BMO Harris is taking BOTW over towards the end of the year, so hopefully, they'll loosen up on the CLIs and lose the clunky rewards setup that only works in $25 blocks."

Here are the instant approval screenshots...

xaeWAR4.png

Edited by MP80

59 minutes ago, MP80 said:

So, lately, I've been obsessed with applying for credits, 3 on 3 so far. The Bank of the West pre-approval mailer has been sent to my address every month since May of this year and I didn't bother with it until this morning as this is the last week when the application is going to expire, and by next year Bank of the West will finally be absorbed by BMO Harris Bank. My mood was rushing high, addicted, and excited. I scan the QR code with my camera phone and launch the app...

Approved instantly. It was a bit of a shock! Given that it is always manually reviewed by the underwriters.

I understand from others that it is always an EX-SP for approval, so no HP.

Profile stats:
775 FICO 8
UT< 1%
INQ-1

The following are the data points of other people's applications for the Bank of the West, and I can confirm the actual results at present...

"BOTW Consumer cards are SP approval and they seem to start (almost) everyone out at $3K. Make sure you use the heck out of this card at least 2 months before you attempt a CLI after you've had it for a year. (They only allow one CLI per year and they aren't particularly generous.) On the bright side, BMO Harris is taking BOTW over towards the end of the year, so hopefully, they'll loosen up on the CLIs and lose the clunky rewards setup that only works in $25 blocks."

Here are the instant approval screenshots...

xaeWAR4.png

Which, is what I said basically.

6 hours ago, shifter said:

Not sure what advantage this card plays in any profile? 

Hey, Shifter :wave:

Below are the details about BOTW's perks allowance and SUB. That was the reason I applied for the card.

sRLFWfk.png

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

the name contains a Cardinal direction?

There are also additional intermediate values for each set of intercardinal and cardinal directions, in our culture, we call it an Octagon.

It is thought that for adventurers who just want to see if the world is really flat, sense and space became important. Fortunately for them, Earth has a more user-friendly round shape.

1 hour ago, MP80 said:

Below are the details about BOTW's perks allowance and SUB. That was the reason I applied for the card.

sRLFWfk.png

Seems pretty ho hum. Better Subs available. 5% gas is everywhere and 6% grocery with BCP. 3% dining is ok, but available lots of places. 

2 hours ago, MP80 said:

sRLFWfk.png

Okay, I'm going to ask an off topic question. How do you insert a pic into these post? I've tried and can't figure it out. Is there someplace on this site with instructions where I can look?

37 minutes ago, NoMoreHate said:

Okay, I'm going to ask an off topic question. How do you insert a pic into these post? I've tried and can't figure it out. Is there someplace on this site with instructions where I can look?

Hello, @NoMoreHate :wave:

You need an intermediate entity like Imgur.com(free), so you sign up with your username and password.

After you have registered...

procedure...

You upload an image on their site and use Imgur.com to save the image. 

You start to click on "Add Images" then this page comes up and you click on Browse...then, it will go to your computer picture files.

You click on "copy" the "direct link" subtitle and paste it into CB forums. 

1pKmmju.png

Edited by MP80

4 minutes ago, MP80 said:

Hello, @NoMoreHate :wave:

You need an intermediate entity like Imgur.com(free), so you sign up with your username and password. You click on "copy" the "direct link" subtitle and paste it into CB forums. 

After you have registered...

You upload an image on their site and use Imgur.com to save the image.

You start to click on "Add Images" then this page comes up and you click on Browse...then, it will go to your computer picture files.

1pKmmju.png

Thank you! I appreciate your guidance. This has perplexed me for some time!