A puzzling piece of stupidity from AmEx

Sidewinder

See, years ago when I applied for the US Bank Platinum Visa, I already had a longstanding deposit relationship, and therefore an online profile, with USBank.  When the app was approved, the new Visa account unsurprisingly appeared as part of my online profile.

The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago with my BMO Harris Cash Back mastercard, see.  I didn't have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail and then set up anything specific to it; it just started appearing in the profile.  I mean why the hell shouldn't it, right?

Also a couple of weeks ago, I was approved for the Cash Magnet card from American Express; it joins my years-old SkyMiles Platinum and Blue Cash Everyday cards in my stable o' Amices.  I've also gotten an email from AmEx telling me how thrilled they are that I chose them, oh boy, yes, and also how I am going to want to set up an online profile with AmEx.

They also told me this on the approval screen.

The physical card has not arrived, and I continue to be exhorted to create an online profile with AmEx.

The thing of it is, I've already had an online profile with AmEx for like five and a half years now.

The other thing is, IT WAS WHILE I WAS LOGGED INTO THAT PROFILE THAT I SUBMITTED THE CASH MAGNET APPLICATION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So you click the link and you hook it up your existing profile. They specifically don't do it automatically to give you the option to create a separate profile for this card. It may surprise you, but some people actually have complex financial situations that would benefit from such an arrangement. Amex is more advanced than the pedantic US Skank in this regard. It's always worked this way. Don't worry - you're not special. 

Why is everything with you so drama filled? These are credit cards. Seriously. 

Edited by shifter

10 hours ago, shifter said:

Why is everything with you so drama filled?

Because it is Sidewinder, the maker of mountains from molehills.  Nobody takes the path of most resistance like he (she?) does.

These are credit cards.

But because this is Sidewinder, they are so much more.  Envelopes, PO Boxes, actual post office buildings, even the stamp on the envelope requires deliberation, planning, and polling here on CB.

Seriously.

Nobody takes the tiniest of matters more seriously than Sidewinder.  I mean who else would research where the box is designed and manufactured when choosing which breakfast cereal to eat in the morning?