Any easy to join Credit Unions or Banks that offer 0% APR for 12+ months and no BT fee?

foeplay

Hi, I am looking to roll over 10k to a new credit line that offers 0% with no balance transfer fee to save some money on interest. Any ideas? Thank you!

List of CU I am already a member of:

Alliant

NFCU

PSECU

Nasa

Penfed

DCU

SDFCU

First Tech CU

1 hour ago, foeplay said:

Hi, I am looking to roll over 10k to a new credit line that offers 0% with no balance transfer fee to save some money on interest. Any ideas? Thank you!

List of CU I am already a member of:

Alliant

NFCU

PSECU

Nasa

Penfed

DCU

SDFCU

First Tech CU

Wings Financial has 0% for 12 months and no BT fee "with qualified credit"

quoRUM and Patelco both have no BT fees but I'm not sure about any 0% offer.

Bethpage has 2.99% for 12 months with no BT fee.

Consumers has 0% for 12 months but a 3% BT fee. Finding a completely free way to carry excess debt may be difficult.

does it have to be a CU?

18 hours ago, foeplay said:

I probably should have been more clear. I'm looking for either a year at 3% APR with no BT fee or 0% APR with a 3% BT Fee.  Thanks!

it seems Wings might offer the best of both. good luck (and let us know how it goes if you apply)

20 hours ago, hegemony said:

Wings Financial has 0% for 12 months and no BT fee "with qualified credit"

First reaction (upon reading post):  Yeah, just what we need is another "wing"nut CU.

Reaction after checking out details:  Where TF has this been hiding all my credit life??!

6 hours ago, hdporter said:

First reaction (upon reading post):  Yeah, just what we need is another "wing"nut CU.

Reaction after checking out details:  Where TF has this been hiding all my credit life??!

I never went forward with membership... maybe I will now.

see

Just received the callback.  I'm in.  Had to answer 4 mulitple choice credit-based authentication questions.

Painless. 

Re @centex "sad" emoji tag, CB content and recent experience have left me relatively unconcerned with reported inquiries (although I prefer to show less than 6 in the last year on any one CRA report).

I really have come over to the belief that so long as one's FICO is over 750+, they're of little concern to a creditor.  (And, where there is concern expressed, that's likely only one of several reasons to steer clear).

If Wings Financial wants to hard pull, so be it.

That said, were my score pushing below 720, I wouldn't be quite so cavalier in adopting this attitude.

1 minute ago, hdporter said:

Just received the callback.  I'm in.  Had to answer 4 mulitple choice credit-based authentication questions.

Painless. 

Re @centex "sad" emoji tag, CB content and recent experience have left me relatively unconcerned with reported inquiries (although I prefer to show less than 6 in the last year on any one CRA report).

The concern is when it turns into more than one hard pull to get something from them.  I had some other credit union that did a hard pull for membership and then immediately did ANOTHER hardpull on the same bureau and THEN decided I didn't meet their criteria for membership.

I am also not fond of any place that insists on copies of bills AND wants a photo holding the license.  Especially since the address on my license is NOT the one associated with my reports, and it isn't like one can have ID for every home. 

32 minutes ago, centex said:

The concern is when it turns into more than one hard pull to get something from them.  I had some other credit union that did a hard pull for membership and then immediately did ANOTHER hardpull on the same bureau and THEN decided I didn't meet their criteria for membership.

The multiple same-CRA pulls that invariably happen when I apply for a mortgage must be particularly traumatizing when it happens to you!  ;)

(ok ... uncalled for hyperbole; I couldn't resist.)

I trust that the CB membership is sufficiently informed of potential CU follies that they enter into a membership app with eyes wide open, motivated by potential better CU credit experiences they've enjoyed in the past (or trusting in those related by others).

The biggest folly I've endured is that in sticking with a CU since 1981, which only first offered checking accounts in 1985, and has since then sized up through two mergers so that it now has a whopping 49k members.  It plays at competing with the big boys on a few fronts (still no mortgages outside PA).  Yet, it caps its credit cards to $20k CL🤪

But, the $20k largely works for me:  I don't use it for charge trx.  I use it strictly as a personal LOC (no transfer fees) with a moderate 8.9% fixed APR.  (A little more pushing by the Fed and I expect that "fixed" aspect may change).