Can't claim student loan refund.

eem2am

Hi,
Student loans company keep sending me letters saying they owe me £177 which i overpayed in Student Loan.
They send me a letter with a phone number to ring. When i ring the number, the Phone-bot says it has sent a number, and asks for this to be keyed in...however, i dont have a smart phone, so i cant get to this number whilst on the call. Do you know any way round this? (it sends the number as a text, which i cant  get to whilst on a call)
I have actually written a (ink-pen) letter to student loans co in Glasgow, giving all my details including bank details, but they still just keep sending me the letter with the phone number to ring up.

First thought - this sounds like it could be a scam.  (Us Americans are jaded like that - sad but what can you do?)

Second thought - call them from someone else's phone and when they text the number to your phone you can enter it.

Third thought - I have a friend who refuses to use a Smart phone.  He has an old flip phone and when we are together I end up with a case of flip phone envy.  So even though I don't know you, and will probably never meet you, be aware that there is someone in this world who thinks you are pretty cool for not having a Smart phone :-)  

• Admin
36 minutes ago, A Credit Ed said:

First thought - this sounds like it could be a scam.  (Us Americans are jaded like that - sad but what can you do?)

Second thought - call them from someone else's phone and when they text the number to your phone you can enter it.

Third thought - I have a friend who refuses to use a Smart phone.  He has an old flip phone and when we are together I end up with a case of flip phone envy.  So even though I don't know you, and will probably never meet you, be aware that there is someone in this world who thinks you are pretty cool for not having a Smart phone 🙂

Of course it is.  It was cut n pasted from another website or online source.   I can tell by the way I see the information.   And that person would need a different SIM card going from Europe to the USA.