Illegal Repo from Wells Fargo Dealer Services

disnugaswagg

I have a repossession that took place in 2013 in error by Wells Fargo Dealer Services.  The repossession remained on my credit report for 7-8 years. The end of last year, WFDS sent me a cashier check acknowledging the error on their behalf $4k (the sale of the vehicle at auction)and approx  $300 (for the inconvenience).  Do I have any legal standings?

Thanks in advance for your input!

16 minutes ago, disnugaswagg said:

I have a repossession that took place in 2013 in error by Wells Fargo Dealer Services.  The repossession remained on my credit report for 7-8 years. The end of last year, WFDS sent me a cashier check acknowledging the error on their behalf $4k (the sale of the vehicle at auction)and approx  $300 (for the inconvenience).  Do I have any legal standings?

Legal standing for what? 

Why do you assert the repossession was errant?  Were you, in fact, current on the note?  What actual damages can you cite?  They paid the difference which you should have received some time back, but given interest rates in that period, you weren't going to earn $300 in interest even if you had the money in savings or other deposit vehicle...

I've asked a mod to relocate this thread since this should be in one of the credit-specific forums, not general...

5 hours ago, disnugaswagg said:

please define illegal repo. What does your police report say?

What exactly are you asking?? Legal standing for WHAT?? If the repo is still on your reports then you can dispute it off as being obsolete. If you are asking if you can sue for damages you would have to prove that their actions caused you harm and that you made an effort to resolve the matter while the account was on your reports.

I suggest you get your credit reports and check to see if there are any discrepancies such as unknown addresses, misspellings of your name or alternate SS#s.

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html