Do mortgage applications submit your employer to CBs?

billyd

1 hour ago, billyd said:

Do mortgage applications submit your disclosed employer to CBs?

Technically, ANY credit app can prompt a creditor to update the employer named on your CRA file.  I find that to be very inconsistent, and typically am surprised when my employer noted on a credit report has updated.

With respect to mortgage companies, specifically, again they update with no consistency (in my experience)

Because of the lack of consistency in when the employer field is updated, I don't gather that prospective creditors place much stock in that information and wouldn't blink an eye when what's on an application doesn't match a CRA report record.

34 minutes ago, hdporter said:

Technically, ANY credit app can prompt a creditor to update the employer named on your CRA file.  I find that to be very inconsistent, and typically am surprised when my employer noted on a credit report has updated.

With respect to mortgage companies, specifically, again they update with no consistency (in my experience)

Because of the lack of consistency in when the employer field is updated, I don't gather that prospective creditors place much stock in that information and wouldn't blink an eye when what's on an application doesn't match a CRA report record.

Can your employer be seen with a soft inquiry or only from a hard?

43 minutes ago, billyd said:

My understanding is that either pull results in the same report information ( @MarvBear very likely has more accurate knowledge re this).  The only difference is when the pull is in conjunction with a request for additional credit, the creditor is supposed to designate it as a "hard" request.

2 hours ago, billyd said:

Yep, but it doesn't mean much. 10 years or so ago I asked Chase for CLI. The agent paused then asked my about my employment. I said I was retired. He then asked how long ago and I said 10 years.  CLI granted.

None of my credit reports have ever shown an employer. Past or present. Probably because the last time I'd applied for credit before I retired was in the late 70's. The comment above has been the only time anyone has even commented on it.