CB Backdoor requires email and/or cell phone now?

billyd

Been a while, but was able to dispute online a few years ago to see my credit report and don't remember needing an e-mail address. I just enter my details and go from there. Now it is requiring me to credit an account with an email? Is this required now?

Outside of a very few specific items, online disputes are simply not the way to go. 

There ARE backdoors that don't require registration for an account.  They still exist if one has been denied credit or had other adverse action in the past 60 or so days.  And Innovis gives a paper report to anyone who can dial a phone...and yes, some of the major issuers ARE using IDS now. 

3 hours ago, centex said:

Outside of a very few specific items, online disputes are simply not the way to go. 

There ARE backdoors that don't require registration for an account.  They still exist if one has been denied credit or had other adverse action in the past 60 or so days.  And Innovis gives a paper report to anyone who can dial a phone...and yes, some of the major issuers ARE using IDS now. 

One is entitled to a free report every week through 2023 with the three majors. Annual credit report.com A by product of the pandemic. Just use any email.

Edited by StantheMan

5 hours ago, StantheMan said:

One is entitled to a free report every week through 2023 with the three majors. Annual credit report.com A by product of the pandemic. Just use any email.

just to note, disputes based on a FACTA report allow the CRA 45 days instead of 30...

Providing them an email constitutes permission for them to send you information that might be seen by third parties, IE anyone who has access to your email, you forget to close the screeen and somebody sees it, etc.  There was a big case about this years ago involving Ford Credit.