Keeping cards active

ImBack

I’ve seen lots of comments about using a card to buy a pencil. I’m interested in an easy way to have $5 or $10 charged to each card each month.

I can’t figure out for example how to have each card pay a small amount against my Comcast or Verizon bills.

any suggestions would be great. 

cheers. 

Keeping a credit report tradeline "active" merely requires a charge once every 6 mo.  If you're not obsessed with the tradeline being "active" (such as those with well-established credit), but more focused on keeping the issuer from closing the account, popping a charge through once every 12 mo is almost always sufficient.

Vending machines that accept credit cards have been a godsend in this effort

40 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

Hmmmm... is that under a different cap than the one for groceries? 

Mmmmmmmmm, groceries...

Yes I maxed out my groceries in August $6000. But still get 6% for streaming,  I don't think there's a streaming cap. Glad we have wifeys BCP for rest of year groceries.  Groceries = good 😋 

Edited by DebtFreeIn04

7 hours ago, DebtFreeIn04 said:

Yes I maxed out my groceries in August $6000. But still get 6% for streaming,  I don't think there's a streaming cap. Glad we have wifeys BCP for rest of year groceries.  Groceries = good 😋 

We're doing a lot of prepared/convenience food groceries (a consequence of Bev's illness) and maxed out the $6k in May, prompting me to get a second card in my name.  The $300 SUB just posted and after 4 months of use, we're $4k into the 2nd $6k grocery cap. 

I'm shaking my head over the possibility that the two of us are good for over $12k in groceries in 12 mo.  🤑  (Our Doordash Dashers are getting a regular workout on top of this ...)

On 9/21/2022 at 11:06 AM, ImBack said:

I’ve seen lots of comments about using a card to buy a pencil. I’m interested in an easy way to have $5 or $10 charged to each card each month.

I can’t figure out for example how to have each card pay a small amount against my Comcast or Verizon bills.

any suggestions would be great. 

cheers. 

@Burgerwars gave an excellent suggestion.

I'm not sure how many cards you have, but I know that AT&T lets you pay your $100 cell phone bill every month with twenty $5 payments. ;)

Only problem, though, is you have to do it manually.  I have yet to see any automated system that allows multiple automatic payments on different credit cards.