Credit Limit Increases and new credit card

maverick9

9 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Seven...good gawd what is the world coming to!

Your goal should be to get it up to at least 12.  Once there, work on frequent CLIs.  Once you get up to over all limits totally $350k, then you can relax.  

@StarkRaven$ - Just a heads up on Navy, since you would would use your relatives service as a way into Navy, you will need to call them to join/apply.  I did that a couple weeks ago.  They do say their membership team may reach out for your relatives documentation, but will tell you how to get if they do.  My opening CL with Navy is $25k. 

On 10/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, Glacier said:

@StarkRaven$ - Just a heads up on Navy, since you would would use your relatives service as a way into Navy, you will need to call them to join/apply.  I did that a couple weeks ago.  They do say their membership team may reach out for your relatives documentation, but will tell you how to get if they do.  My opening CL with Navy is $25k. 

I got in by using my nephew in law. So yes, use a relative. You can also get in if anyone who lives with you is or was a veteren. They don't even have to be blood related. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and it looks like I got denied given the following message: 

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, we couldn't approve your application.

We'll provide more detailed information explaining our decision by U.S. mail in 7 to 10 days.

I applied because my new CLI's hit my all 3 bureaus for October. 

My current FICO 8 scores:

EX - 710

EQ - 718

TU - 711

I am aware of Chases's 5/24 rule. I only applied for 1 card within the last 24 months so I'm good there.

I guess now I should wait until all the bad credit falls off my reports in February, right? 

Edited by maverick9

4 hours ago, maverick9 said:

Just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and it looks like I got denied given the following message: 

EX - 710

EQ - 718

TU - 711

I am aware of Chases's 5/24 rule. I only applied for 1 card within the last 24 months so I'm good there.

I guess now I should wait until all the bad credit falls off my reports in February, right? 

I'm not sure why you even mention your FICO scores.  They are utterly useless when it comes to credit card approval.  

Apply for Chase with derogatory data on your credit reports is a very foolish move.  Chase, Citi and B of A generally do not like to see anything but clean, solid reports.  

5 hours ago, PotO said:

I'm not sure why you even mention your FICO scores.  They are utterly useless when it comes to credit card approval.  

Apply for Chase with derogatory data on your credit reports is a very foolish move.  Chase, Citi and B of A generally do not like to see anything but clean, solid reports.  

Sorry I mentioned them. Didn't know. 

So once all the derogs fall off in February, should I reapply for Chase? 

10 hours ago, maverick9 said:

EX - 710

EQ - 718

TU - 711

what did they say when you called the recon/backdoor number?

53 minutes ago, maverick9 said:

Sorry I mentioned them. Didn't know. 

So once all the derogs fall off in February, should I reapply for Chase? 

Is Chase an entity that you previously burned?  If so, just be aware that they have been known to have a lengthy memory...and it won't matter that it is no longer on your reports.

40 minutes ago, centex said:

Is Chase an entity that you previously burned?  If so, just be aware that they have been known to have a lengthy memory...and it won't matter that it is no longer on your reports.

I see that I had a JPBCB card that was an Amazon card which was "Legally paid in full for less than the full balance". It was about $200-300 that was charged off 4/2016. So I guess I have no chance getting back in with Chase because of this?

1 minute ago, maverick9 said:

I see that I had a JPBCB card that was an Amazon card which was "Legally paid in full for less than the full balance". It was about $200-300 that was charged off 4/2016. So I guess I have no chance getting back in with Chase because of this?

Did you pay Chase or did you pay some third-party purchaser? 

Much of what could happen in 2023/2024 will be driven by the economic conditions at the time.  If the current practices held, then you may be looking at 2026 before it is worth burning another inquiry with them...I don't believe they are an eternal blacklist but I have seen several that suggested they are a good decade or so...

49 minutes ago, centex said:

Did you pay Chase or did you pay some third-party purchaser? 

Much of what could happen in 2023/2024 will be driven by the economic conditions at the time.  If the current practices held, then you may be looking at 2026 before it is worth burning another inquiry with them...I don't believe they are an eternal blacklist but I have seen several that suggested they are a good decade or so...

Very well.

I just got off the phone with what may be deemed the "reconsideration department" even though they told me there is no such thing. The rep put me on hold several times as she was looking into the application. She said she is sending it to be re-reviewed and they will let me know within 1-2 weeks. So we shall see........

1 hour ago, maverick9 said:

Very well.

I just got off the phone with what may be deemed the "reconsideration department" even though they told me there is no such thing. The rep put me on hold several times as she was looking into the application. She said she is sending it to be re-reviewed and they will let me know within 1-2 weeks. So we shall see........

No offense, but some of your posts come across as the kid who has to have a new toy RIGHT NOW but who ignores some of the discussion surround said shiny new toy...yuo are coming across as someone jumping first and THEN reading the sign at the edge of the water, 

On 10/4/2022 at 7:42 AM, centex said:

Yep...tree-fiddy is a good goal. 

Hmm, 17 real cards @ $324,100.

CLOC @ $15000

Two "store" cards at $7500

I'm just a little shy of $350k.  Or $26k shy if you wanna get exclusionary.  Guess I got some work to do! 🤑

2 hours ago, centex said:

No offense, but some of your posts come across as the kid who has to have a new toy RIGHT NOW but who ignores some of the discussion surround said shiny new toy...yuo are coming across as someone jumping first and THEN reading the sign at the edge of the water, 

Everyone one of us has opinions about everyone of us which is understadable but no offense, most of your posts come off as someone who knows it all.

Edited by maverick9

5 hours ago, maverick9 said:

Very well.

There is no such thing as the Chase reconsideration department.  What there is at Chase is called underwriting.  They actually make decisions.  

If you only spoke with a customer service representative, you wasted your time.  If you spoke with underwriting, then you have a chance.  

The Chase Amazon Visa is a bit easier than other Chase cards.  I think they are trying to be more accommodating to appease Amazon.  

If you burned Chase previously, then you are usually facing an extremely uphill battle.  Did they mention that during the phone call?  

4 hours ago, maverick9 said:

Everyone one of us has opinions about everyone of us which is understadable but no offense, most of your posts come off as someone who knows it all.

When someone doesn't know squat it's easy to assume someone who masters the topic is a know-it-all.

8 hours ago, PotO said:

There is no such thing as the Chase reconsideration department.  What there is at Chase is called underwriting.  They actually make decisions.  

If you only spoke with a customer service representative, you wasted your time.  If you spoke with underwriting, then you have a chance.  

The Chase Amazon Visa is a bit easier than other Chase cards.  I think they are trying to be more accommodating to appease Amazon.  

If you burned Chase previously, then you are usually facing an extremely uphill battle.  Did they mention that during the phone call?  

They did not mention that. She sounded optimistic and said, "If your profile was that bad, I would have not sent it for a rereview but I believe you have a good chance." 

5 hours ago, PotO said:

When someone doesn't know squat it's easy to assume someone who masters the topic is a know-it-all.

Nah. I disagree. I've been warned about her from several others. We can't ALL be wrong.

And if you think I don't know squat, you're full of yourself as well. 

I'm about ready to dump this dated forum and it's pompous arrongant "contributers" with these types of responses. I'm involved in a lot of forums/discords and have never been disrespected like I have here. I gave you a 2nd chance but see you like to flex your forum jockey skills and think it's time to block you from my posts. 

Edited by maverick9

2 hours ago, maverick9 said:

I'm about ready to dump this dated forum and it's pompous arrongant "contributers" with these types of responses. I'm involved in a lot of forums/discords and have never been disrespected like I have here

There's no "one size fits all" with regard to any community forum.  It's quite possible that this forum doesn't have a slant and/or approach that suits you.  If that's the case, and you don't find much constructive input here, then I encourage you to exercise the "dump" option.   You wouldn't be the only person to prefer, say, the myfico.com forums over CB.

Speaking for myself, the knowledge and wisdom shared here arise from time tested experience and is unparalleled when it comes to practical value.   The contributors do betray some idiosyncrasies ...

@centex is one of the straightest shooters you can hope to encounter and her observations have a strong track record of being near the mark.  She has no agenda, and if she directs a little critique your way its strictly to give you the benefit of another viewpoint ... you're welcome to take it or leave it (no sweat of her nose either way).

@PotO is an entirely different critter.  Originally I accused him of having some type of "Insult Comic Dog" shtick going.  (I've retreated from that opinion, ceding that whatever he's got going it's much more refined than that ;) )  The bottom line for me is that his observations get right to the heart of what's at hand in a given discussion.  He's reshaped my thinking on credit topics more than a couple of times and I'm appreciative for it (I digest the "shtick" as color now).

My goal is to assist as constructively as possible.  Apparently I'm not everyone's cup of tea ... at least in the isolated case where another member called me a "bully".  (Adopted that for my handle here ...)

Bottom line, maybe hanging around here benefits from having a bit of a thick skin and a huge sense of humor.  If you can tolerate it here, there's considerable value to be mined.

2 hours ago, maverick9 said:

Nah. I disagree. I've been warned about her from several others. We can't ALL be wrong.

And if you think I don't know squat, you're full of yourself as well. 

I'm about ready to dump this dated forum and it's pompous arrongant "contributers" with these types of responses. I'm involved in a lot of forums/discords and have never been disrespected like I have here. I gave you a 2nd chance but see you like to flex your forum jockey skills and think it's time to block you from my posts. 

Block away, Jethro.

You have a well-deserved reputation here, as clearly evident from your posts showing a myopic understanding about credit, as a moron.  Let's face it, even a regarded gerbil knows that virtually every issuer as a recon / backdoor number.