Will Too Many Credit Cards Hurt Your Credit?

hegemony

Too sum it up, it's not how many you have, but how you manage them.

With that said, both DR and us credit ho's benefit when people do stupid with credit cards. He gets to make money off a segment of society who probably shouldn't even have a debit card. We reap the benefits in ongoing lucrative SUB's and other perks.

Edited by TheVig

To sum it up, having a ton of credit cards does not hurt your score. I have several tons. Running high balances, not paying on time, applying for a bunch of new accounts, and so on, will hurt your score. You can do that with only a few cards too.

Edited by Burgerwars

On 8/22/2022 at 3:54 AM, hegemony said:

Fook Dave Scamsey. It's probably safe to say that he's one of the biggest pieces of 💩in North America.

Will too many credit cards hurt your credit?  Not really.  I have a boatload of active accounts and my FICO is pushing 850.  I get approved for virtually everything I apply for.

When I do get declined, it's generally for too many recent accounts and / or too many recent INQs.  However, once in a blue moon I do get rejected for having too many accounts.  Usually it's a 💩ty credit union or some third-rate cesspool bank like Cross River Bank.