How do I locate a speeding ticket from 2003?

Krish

I got a speeding ticket in Blythe, CA and I had paid the fine and I have the details of the check that was cashed out.

Recently when applying for a new job, the background check came up with unpaid ticket and I need to take care of this and show the perspective employer that it is taken care off.

What/Where should I look for this?

Thanks in Advance...

1 hour ago, Krish said:

I got a speeding ticket in Blythe, CA and I had paid the fine and I have the details of the check that was cashed out.

Recently when applying for a new job, the background check came up with unpaid ticket and I need to take care of this and show the perspective employer that it is taken care off.

What/Where should I look for this?

Thanks in Advance...

Here is a link to the Blythe Court House Traffic Division. I imagine you've tried this but still, I thought I'd post:

http://www.riversidecourts.ca.gov/Divisions/Traffic/Traffic.php

30 minutes ago, Krish said:

I have tried this link and nothing comes up. Will calling the courthouse on Monday work? I might have to drive down 200+ Miles to sort this out if needed.

I would try calling on Monday. Good luck to you. What a hassle.

I feel the pain on this one.

Currently I'm in the middle of a security clearance renewal process. Can't pass it, and not only do I not get access to their facilities, but can't have access to any facilities doing work on their behalf.

Lucky for me, nothing has changed in my life since the last one 5 years ago, except for moving to a new domicile.

Stands to reason nothing would come up on a Superior Court website since older records often times have not made it to the website.  Additionally, some agencies take their systems down on the weekends...many reasons for it, and it sucks when I run into one of them while trying to get stuff done outside of normal business hours 

Since you indicate you have copies of relevant records from the payment, I would draft a tailored letter and fax it to them, following up with a phone call early tomorrow afternoon. 

There are also a number of links at https://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/Divisions/Traffic/pay-traffic-ticket.php

9 hours ago, centex said:

Stands to reason nothing would come up on a Superior Court website since older records often times have not made it to the website.  Additionally, some agencies take their systems down on the weekends...many reasons for it, and it sucks when I run into one of them while trying to get stuff done outside of normal business hours 

Since you indicate you have copies of relevant records from the payment, I would draft a tailored letter and fax it to them, following up with a phone call early tomorrow afternoon. 

There are also a number of links at https://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/Divisions/Traffic/pay-traffic-ticket.php

I tried a few times and each time it says no record found followed by system maintenance message. I will try again on Monday, then call them up.

1 hour ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Krish how did this turn out?

Called the court and they couldnt find it. They told me to contact CA DMV and its been not easy to get them on the buzz.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:48 PM, Krish said:

Called the court and they couldnt find it. They told me to contact CA DMV and its been not easy to get them on the buzz.

Send a letter to the Court and get a response in writing that they are unable to locate the record.

That SHOULD satisfy the hiring authority.  After all, if the agency in question has no record, that pretty much confirms there is NO warrant lurking anywhere.  That agency is the one who would have ISSUED a warrant, and a mere database entry is not sufficient to detain someone more than a few moments.  An agency HAS to be able to place their hands on the actual warrant record. 

A speeding citation in California is likely to be a "traffic infraction", a minor violation unless the citation is not resolved and or the Court appearance is not made / sanction order is not resolved.

If the Court cannot locate it and there is no valid bench warrant, Centex is right.