SYNCH THEFTED 96.44% OF MY LIMIT!!!!!

hegemony

Just now, hdporter said:

Don't tell me you're going to pass up a good laugh by failing to call for a recon!!!

(and hey ... when did George start moonlighting as a text editor???)

I used the chatbot to close it. (I was planning on it anyway; never used it)

it was my last and only store card!!!

Ah. Don't mention George. Makes me sad about all the great or at least entertaining posters over the years we've lost and haven't (at least yet) been replaced. 

15 minutes ago, shifter said:

Ah. Don't mention George. Makes me sad about all the great or at least entertaining posters over the years we've lost and haven't (at least yet) been replaced. 

If you’re talking about Walmart George the operative word is entertaining. Oh the drama.

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

NEVER LATE

NEVER OVER LIMIT!!!

ALWAYS A GOOD BOY

AND THIS IS HOW I'M THANKED!!!!!

SERVES AS A REMINDER TO CLOSE SUBPRIME CARDS!!!!

ALSO, I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE USED IT MORE THAN ONCE IN THE PAST 30 MONTHS!!!!

And now they will place you on their blacklist for a few years because one of your accounts was closed by them.  

Have a revenge plot on hold that, at the right moment, will leave Stinkrony FITA.  I have a secret, albeit smal, sheet on my Excel file entitled "Pure 💩 Lenders".  And I have a foolproof plan that, given the right moment, will leave them utterly FITA by a BFD.  And all perfectly legal.  

Remember folks, don't get mad.  Get even.  

14 minutes ago, PotO said:

And now they will place you on their blacklist for a few years because one of your accounts was closed by them.  

Have a revenge plot on hold that, at the right moment, will leave Stinkrony FITA.  I have a secret, albeit smal, sheet on my Excel file entitled "Pure 💩 Lenders".  And I have a foolproof plan that, given the right moment, will leave them utterly FITA by a BFD.  And all perfectly legal.  

I very short order, @PotO, you've persuaded me that, next to you, I'm a Credit Buddhist.  😑

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

NEVER LATE

NEVER OVER LIMIT!!!

ALWAYS A GOOD BOY

AND THIS IS HOW I'M THANKED!!!!!

SERVES AS A REMINDER TO CLOSE SUBPRIME CARDS!!!!

ALSO, I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE USED IT MORE THAN ONCE IN THE PAST 30 MONTHS!!!!

Is Rodney Dangerfield back?

Hello, GEORGE!   :wave:

49 minutes ago, hdporter said:

I very short order, @PotO, you've persuaded me that, next to you, I'm a Credit Buddhist.  😑

Being a Credit Buddhist isn't bad ... as long as all creditors are Creditor Buddhists.  

15 hours ago, PotO said:

nah. it is closed by consumer. I can't imagine living in a world where I will ever need/want a synch account. sounds like a nightmare.

17 minutes ago, hegemony said:

nah. it is closed by consumer. I can't imagine living in a world where I will ever need/want a synch account. sounds like a nightmare.

The only exception to this for me is the Verizon card. Actually a nice card for Verizon customers.

Edited by StantheMan

30 minutes ago, StantheMan said:

The only exception to this for me is the Verizon card. Actually a nice card for Verizon customers.

I'll toss in CareCredit (more valuable by the day at 60+ ;) ), and Amazon Store (no need to tie up the exposure permitted by Chase)

2 minutes ago, hdporter said:

I'll toss in CareCredit (more valuable by the day at 60+ ;) ), and Amazon Store (no need to tie up the exposure permitted by Chase)

IMHO chase exposure is largely mythical. About a year ago it gave me an auto CLI on the amzn card from 20k to 50k with no thefting from my other chase cards. Moreover with the chase amzn card you get chase promos which has totaled a few hundred dollars the past couple of years for me.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

IMHO chase exposure is largely mythical. About a year ago it gave me an auto CLI on the amzn card from 20k to 50k with no thefting from my other chase cards. Moreover with the chase amzn card you get chase promos which has totaled a few hundred dollars the past couple of years for me.

I get it.  It's just that your Chase unicorn keeps making us chop back credit limits anytime that we want to be approved for a new card.  Apparently, I have yet to wake up from that mild nightmare.

(If on the other hand, you're suggesting that they have no set cap ... I won't argue.  But our experience is that they do cap at a set % of reported income.)

26 minutes ago, hdporter said:

It's just that your Chase unicorn keeps making us chop back credit limits anytime that we want to be approved for a new card.  Apparently, I have yet to wake up from that mild nightmare.

That's been my experience too. I had to move limits around. I'm doubly concerned because I also have my mortgage through them.

4 hours ago, hdporter said:

I get it.  It's just that your Chase unicorn keeps making us chop back credit limits anytime that we want to be approved for a new card.  Apparently, I have yet to wake up from that mild nightmare.

(If on the other hand, you're suggesting that they have no set cap ... I won't argue.  But our experience is that they do cap at a set % of reported income.)

Let me clarify, I don't think this is a set in stone "x % of income" chase rule. I think chase manages its card portfolio more closely than an arbitrary % of HHI especially for people with banking relationships. I've also given chase access to my accounts at other banks and brokerages. The more it knows the better it has treated us.

8 hours ago, hegemony said:

To be fair, virtually everybody got the magical Chase Amazon CLI.  They did that to appease Amazon during negotiations to keep the Amazon contract.  That said, Chase is still light years better than Stinkrony.

7 hours ago, hdporter said:

Far more people have been FITA by Stinkrony than Chase.  When was the last time you saw Chase do across the board massive CLDs?  Virtually never.  And Stinkrony?  Twice a year or more.  

When was the last time you saw Chase say that all your accounts are nuked because you were over their magical max exposure?  Never.  Stinkrony?  Daily.  

Stinkrony is a huge piece of 💩 that, thankfully, will see bankruptcy sooner or later.  Their financials show they are struggling.  Their customer (merchant partner) base is shrinking.  When they ⚰️, I will be at the funeral LMFAO.  

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

Let me clarify, I don't think this is a set in stone "x % of income" chase rule. I think chase manages its card portfolio more closely than an arbitrary % of HHI especially for people with banking relationships. I've also given chase access to my accounts at other banks and brokerages. The more it knows the better it has treated us.

You are, of course, correct. @hegemony.  Chase has no brain-dead maximum exposure rule of around $25k per account and approximately $125k in total.  Chase does not nuke accounts because their CEO is on the rag.  Chase financials are light years better than Stinkrony's. 

Also, what type of moron complains when Chase approves a new account and steals limit from an existing account?  Bank of America also does that.  Actually, that policy makes a lot of sense.  Perhaps the applicant applied for the new account because they will use it more than the older one.  And if you don't want to lose limit on the older one, anybody with an IQ north of 5 will call Chase and they will restore the limits.  In fact, Chase is one of the few that lets you adjust limits between cards virtually whenever you want.  When you ask Stinkrony to do that they will tell you 🖕🏻.

When Chase does approve a new card and steals limit from an existing one, it's generally because they see you don't use your existing one that much anyhow.  B of A does the same.  

I also know for a fact that Chase does not hold to a maximum exposure based on % of income unless, of course, it is at least 100%.  My wife NEVER reports her full income and with Chase she's currently at 110% of reported income.  I do report my full income (but not HHI) and I am at 80%.  

The thing with Chase is that when you already have decent limits with them hey expect you to use them before they give you more.  They aren't looking at things like other credit card issuers often do.  Their product isn't a new car that needs to always have a full tank of gas.  Their product is the gasoline and a car that you never drive doesn't need a full tank.   

On 7/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, PotO said:

The account was closed because he OP didn't use it in 30 months (that's 2 1/2 years), so the credit card company closed the account without notice.  And because they closed the account they might blacklist him from re-opening or re-apping. So much for giving him a reason to come back as a customer. Target did that to me about 10 years ago, and I haven't set foot in a Target store since. Great way to encourage customer loyalty.

3 hours ago, Flyingifr said:

The account was closed because he OP didn't use it in 30 months (that's 2 1/2 years), so the credit card company closed the account without notice.  And because they closed the account they might blacklist him from re-opening or re-apping. So much for giving him a reason to come back as a customer. Target did that to me about 10 years ago, and I haven't set foot in a Target store since. Great way to encourage customer loyalty.

synch didn't close the account; I did after it lowered my limit for not using it for over 2 years.