FBI Identity Check

pwd847

Has anyone disputed their FBI Identity records?

I'm curious because I need to pull my file so I can maybe be approved for Global Entry.  There is a process listed on the FBI website to dispute information, but it's not as easy as saying, "This isn't me.", or "I dispute this.  Please make sure the information listed is correct."

What specifically is wrong in the file?  Yes, it matters. 

NCIC records come from what various State and local entities have entered.  This is not to say that fingerprint mismatches have never occurred.

Depending on the error, enlist the aid of your congresscritter...it is part of their constituent services. 

2 hours ago, pwd847 said:

Has anyone disputed their FBI Identity records?

I'm curious because I need to pull my file so I can maybe be approved for Global Entry.  There is a process listed on the FBI website to dispute information, but it's not as easy as saying, "This isn't me.", or "I dispute this.  Please make sure the information listed is correct."

I don't question that the background behind this question is your own private business.  But that's the biggest tease to hit CB in ages! ...

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

I don't question that the background behind this question is your own private business.  But that's the biggest tease to hit CB in ages! ...

I figured the title would get a few hits....

2 hours ago, centex said:

What specifically is wrong in the file?  Yes, it matters. 

NCIC records come from what various State and local entities have entered.  This is not to say that fingerprint mismatches have never occurred.

Depending on the error, enlist the aid of your congresscritter...it is part of their constituent services. 

I actually haven't yet received my results.  I was just curious if anyone has ever disputed this.  Was very interested in the techniques that were used.

For example, If a "Please verify this is me." dispute is a valid one, then it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.  However, I'm extremely confident that would not yield any results.

Based on some of the information I have read, the main difference between an FBI dispute and a CRA dispute, is that the FBI dispute requires documentation and proof stating your case.  The CRA dispute does not.

I also wonder if you can be charged with perjury for lying in your dispute.

Me: But this isn't me!

FBI Man: Yes it's you.

Me: I swear it isn't!

FBI Man: Give me your right hand.

Me: Sighs....and turns around and leaves.....

I generally advise people not to try and "game" the CRA's (but I know some consider that to be an actual "sport").

Were I giving advice here, it would likely be, "Don't F*** with the FBI" [period]

Generally the only way to get things removed from something like the NCIC file is to have them included in an expunction order.  And yes, notice MUST be given so they have an opportunity to challenge at the hearing before the Court. 

But right now, it sounds as though you are trying to find battles that need not even be considered...

50 minutes ago, centex said:

But right now, it sounds as though you are trying to find battles that need not even be considered...

Just asking questions out of curiosity.  I doubt there is anything for me to disagree with on this identity report.

2 hours ago, pwd847 said:

Just asking questions out of curiosity.  I doubt there is anything for me to disagree with on this identity report.

You'd be surprised that the court made a credit report inquiry (no specific information or lack of a source for it, just a date reference).

I did a correlation on the date of the inquiry and noticed that 3 soft credit inquiries and court credit inquiries were made on the same date by 3 separate BlockFi affiliated entities, and then other hard inquiries were made by the credit card issuer.

The court investigation really baffles me as to why someone would want to check my background like this, or presumably, there might be an FBI investigation as well.

1 hour ago, discopanda said:

Does the inquiry just say say “Court”?

If so, I think that’s someone reporting that as the entitiy name and not an actual court. I read somewhere else where it freaked someone out.

Yep! I'm counting on your sharp concepts! If it's just a named entity then it's no big deal. However, I opened a BlockFi account in order to trade and sell cryptocurrencies. Plaid as an intermediary is also involved.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:00 AM, discopanda said:

Do a search.. I think the “court” inq. Has been proven as a different issue. 

PSA - please don’t be doing shady stuff. Just saying.

Can you differentiate the Court inquiry as a corporate entity or a public record background investigation?

Here's a screenshotted soft inquiry from Experian...the date is relative to the same entity snooping on my report.

F75FXdJ.png