Comenity Unreachable

StarkRaven$

Finally got through to a live customer service rep. He was tight lipped as expected and I didn't expend the energy to complain. I told him I had a confirmation number for my auto payment. He said he was unable to look into the account due to the maintenance upgrade bs. No pending debit that I see in my bank account. So, looks to me, it never went through.

Customer service rep said all late fees will be waved once they're back to business.

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Finally got through to a live customer service rep. He was tight lipped as expected

It will be interesting to see whether everyone else in the organisation remains equally tight-lipped.

(At a guess, I would say Comenity is trying to keep mum about a ransomware attack.)

Edited by Flashman

7 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Finally got through to a live customer service rep. He was tight lipped as expected and I didn't expend the energy to complain. I told him I had a confirmation number for my auto payment. He said he was unable to look into the account due to the maintenance upgrade bs. No pending debit that I see in my bank account. So, looks to me, it never went through.

Customer service rep said all late fees will be waved once they're back to business.

That no debit is viewable does not mean it didn't process.  I've had times where an afterhours payment didn't show in my account until two business days after the payment was made online.  I would imagine phone payments would be likewise...

Make sure to calendar so you aren't trying to make a payment on the due date in the future.  I used to do posts around here about banking holidays as well.  Some will do an auto-pay for at least the minimum and then clean the balance before the statement cuts just to ensure nothing falls by the wayside and gets lost in the weeds... 

2 hours ago, centex said:

That no debit is viewable does not mean it didn't process.  I've had times where an afterhours payment didn't show in my account until two business days after the payment was made online.  I would imagine phone payments would be likewise...

Make sure to calendar so you aren't trying to make a payment on the due date in the future.  I used to do posts around here about banking holidays as well.  Some will do an auto-pay for at least the minimum and then clean the balance before the statement cuts just to ensure nothing falls by the wayside and gets lost in the weeds... 

Agree with not paying on due date. I always pay a few days before the due date. The problem as stated throughout my post is I could not do that due to Comenity being unreachable.

Now today I spoke with a customer rep who finally was able to get into my account and see that I made a payment on the 28th after hours. She could see the confirmation number as well. She said give it at least 48-hours to post. She also said to check back to assure no late fee will be accessed.

As of this morning my payment to Comenity showed up in my checking account with Chase. Now they have a disclosure in red stating customers who payments were due on the 27th and 28th will not be charged a late fee. They still have a mess of a problem on their hands. Their website and phone is still glitchy.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, parrothead1 said:

This thread reminded me to check on my payment. I paid over the phone on 7/10 and it posted to my bank 7/14.  I'll take a screen shot of that and add it to my paperwork. I was extra cautious because of the network outage. 

Better to be safe than sorry.