Jump to content

Comenity Unreachable


StarkRaven$
 Share

Recommended Posts

I cannot reach Comenity NFL either by phone or online. The voicemail says they are undergoing a planned system update that is taking longer than expected. No one answers the phone and the line auto disconnects. This seems to be the case across their other co-branded credit cards. My problem is my credit card bill is due tomorrow, June 28, and I can't even make my payment. I only owe $19 but I am worried that if this isn't cleared up by tomorrow or the next day, they'll have me late on making my monthly payment.  

 

Any suggestions on how to get ahold of them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Any suggestions on how to get ahold of them?

 

Er, sort of:

 

Quote

Comenity: 800-303-1368 (Consumer Relations - Recon)

 

However, while the number does work, I gave them a bell just now and got the same wretched "system update" recording with an exhortation to call them back at a later, unspecified time.

 

I am sorry I could not be of more help.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, legaleagle2012 said:

Send them a check by mail certified and keep the receipt in case they ding you.

The website will not let me even look up the snail mail address to send a payment without logging in. But, I can't log in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

The website will not let me even look up the snail mail address to send a payment without logging in. But, I can't log in.

 

When I look here:

 

https://web.archive.org/web/20220616220903/https://www.breadfinancial.com/en/help.html

 

The address for the bank is listed as:

 

Comenity Bank    
PO Box 183003    

Columbus, OH 43218

 

However, I cannot say with absolute certainty that is the payment address.  Does it sound familiar?

 

You can use the Wayback Machine:

 

https://web.archive.org/

 

to view a recent copy of the website yourself if this does not sound right. 

 

 

Alternatively, do you have a recent paper statement?  You can find the address on there.

 

(Barring that, perhaps someone reading this knows their payment mailing address and can message you with it.)

Edited by Flashman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Flashman said:

 

When I look here:

 

https://web.archive.org/web/20220616220903/https://www.breadfinancial.com/en/help.html

 

The address for the bank is listed as:

 

Comenity Bank    
PO Box 183003    

Columbus, OH 43218

 

However, I cannot say with absolute certainty that is the payment address.  Does it sound familiar?

 

You can use the Wayback Machine:

 

https://web.archive.org/

 

to view a recent copy of the website yourself if this does not sound right. 

 

 

Alternatively, do you have a recent paper statement?  You can find the address on there.

 

(Barring that, perhaps someone reading this knows their payment mailing address and can message you with it.)

I signed up for paper statements so I have no paper statements. Because their cards are co-branded, their mailing payment address may be different for the NFL card. ;-(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I signed up for paper[less] statements so I have no paper statements.

 

Understood.

 

Quote

Because their cards are co-branded, their mailing payment address may be different for the NFL card. ;-(

 

 

From what I gather, the Comenity NFL card is a recent portfolio acquisition for another firm.  If the acquisition took place before April 29th of this year, the below link may work (it is a page dated April 29th listing the payment address specifically for the NFL card).

 

https://www.proudmoney.com/nfl-credit-card-login-payment-customer-service/

 

However, if the acquisition took place after that, I do not know what to tell you, sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Flashman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey "SR", I wouldn't sweat this too much.  Comenity as a real "TFU" on their hands.  (This is the only time I've ever seen a website cite inaccessibility because of a "glitch".  ** WTF? **)

 

Comenity knows they have a problem on their hands.  I advise sitting on your payment until their website is accessible and then submitting it.

 

My guess is that they'll hold off on assessing a late fee.  If you receive a statement with a late fee, call and ask that it be reversed.  Comenity is one of the issuers who will reverse any late fee provided a previous late hasn't been incurred in the last 6 mo.  In the case of this "glitch", I'm sure they'll waive all fees upon request.  (Again, delinquencies aren't reportable to the CRA's until they've run 30+ days.)

 

I suggest waiting a week after payment to request late fee reversal.  Immediately after the "glitch", their phone lines are sure to be a clusterf*.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hdporter said:

Hey "SR", I wouldn't sweat this too much.  Comenity as a real "TFU" on their hands.  (This is the only time I've ever seen a website cite inaccessibility because of a "glitch".  ** WTF? **)

 

Comenity knows they have a problem on their hands.  I advise sitting on your payment until their website is accessible and then submitting it.

 

My guess is that they'll hold off on assessing a late fee.  If you receive a statement with a late fee, call and ask that it be reversed.  Comenity is one of the issuers who will reverse any late fee provided a previous late hasn't been incurred in the last 6 mo.  In the case of this "glitch", I'm sure they'll waive all fees upon request.  (Again, delinquencies aren't reportable to the CRA's until they've run 30+ days.)

 

I suggest waiting a week after payment to request late fee reversal.  Immediately after the "glitch", their phone lines are sure to be a clusterf*.

Comenity's FB page responded to me in a thread and said they would wave it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Comenity's FB page responded to me in a thread and said they would wave it.

 

I'm sure you've already done it, but I have to say it anyways....... Screenshot their FB response and save it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TheVig said:

I'm sure you've already done it, but I have to say it anyways....... Screenshot their FB response and save it.

 

I do not know if this would be more trouble than it is worth, but you also may want to consider asking them if their policy will be to automatically waive any late fees in the event of any future "updates that take longer than expected" and screenshot the response if it is in the affirmative.

 

Is this the first time you have ever encountered one of these mysterious "updates" from Comenity?  Or do they do this sort of thing on a regular basis?

Edited by Flashman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flashman said:

Is this the first time you have ever encountered one of these mysterious "updates" from Comenity? 

 

This is an extraordinary system event that has appeared to impact most, if not all, Synchrony accounts.

 

I'm not sure what your intent is in suggesting someone inquire whether they'll waive fees in the event of a future update problem.  No firm is going to issue a blanket assurance.  (Besides, as I've noted, Comenity already has a policy of waiving late fees when there hasn't been a previous incident in the prior 6 months.)

 

While I can't speak of "predatory" lenders, no reputable lender levies late fees under adverse circumstances where they bear at least partial responsibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you directly go into the store where you have made the $19 purchase and pay it there? But, if your order was made through an online charge, then, there is not much you can do about it. Sorry, I can't be of much help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Yeah, I cannot access my Ulta credit card at all. I’m not in danger of being late, just annoyed because I want to pay it off and I can’t.

I switched my DH's auto debit life insurance to Amex. It use to be on the Barclaycard NFL but when Comenity took over, my gut told me to change payment cc's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Flashman said:

 

Understood.

 

 

 

From what I gather, the Comenity NFL card is a recent portfolio acquisition for another firm.  If the acquisition took place before April 29th of this year, the below link may work (it is a page dated April 29th listing the payment address specifically for the NFL card).

 

https://www.proudmoney.com/nfl-credit-card-login-payment-customer-service/

 

However, if the acquisition took place after that, I do not know what to tell you, sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for correcting and understanding my typo. You were right. I meant to say I signed up for paperless statements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was able to pay my bill over the phone via Comenity's auto pay. I received a confirmation number as well. It was in the evening PT so passed the cut off to pay on time. It takes 24-hours to reflect on the account so hopefully all is well then. Still can't login online and I still can't reach a live person when I call.

 

On FB there are people that have a trove of store cards from Comenity they can't pay on or charge on. Glad I'm not in that boat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

No but I've only been with Comenity for three months; not by choice but by Barclay takeover.

 

Yes, I suppose that is where the money is in the credit industry these days.  Rather than acquiring customers one at a time, credit firms simply buy other credit firms and get customers that way.

 

Thank you for the reply.  I am glad to hear you were able to get your problem solved in time.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Comenity account access is still out.   They really screwed the pooch.

 

No system admin brings a system update online without the ability to roll it back in the case of problems.  I can't begin to imagine what their affiliated retailers are thinking.  (Look for a lot of them to jump ship to Citi RS, or other issuers).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

No system admin brings a system update online without the ability to roll it back in the case of problems.  I can't begin to imagine what their affiliated retailers are thinking.  (Look for a lot of them to jump ship to Citi RS, or other issuers).

 Good! Then I could apply for the Farmer Insurance Visa card! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hdporter said:

Comenity account access is still out.   They really screwed the pooch.

 

No system admin brings a system update online without the ability to roll it back in the case of problems.  I can't begin to imagine what their affiliated retailers are thinking.  (Look for a lot of them to jump ship to Citi RS, or other issuers).

I find it absolutely insane. Makes me want to stay far, far away from them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      184991
    • Most Online
      2046

    Newest Member
    jevans217
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines