I cannot get an Experian FICO8 score, with a 30 year credit history.

BostonBill

I can get my Vantage3 scores (from TU and EQ), but when I log on to the Experian site to get my FICO8 score, I get this message: 

"You may not have enough credit history for us to generate your FICO® Score 8"

When I try and call Experian at 714-830-7000, there is no way to get to a representative.

My bankruptcy was discharged 14 months ago, so I have no current active credit accounts. Could that be why I can't get a score?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, BostonBill said:

I can get my Vantage3 scores (from TU and EQ), but when I log on to the Experian site to get my FICO8 score, I get this message: 

"You may not have enough credit history for us to generate your FICO® Score 8"

When I try and call Experian at 714-830-7000, there is no way to get to a representative.

My bankruptcy was discharged 14 months ago, so I have no current active credit accounts. Could that be why I can't get a score?

Thank you.

The lack of active accounts is the source of your problem. 

You are, for all intents and purposes on many of the models, in the same boat as a person seeking their first card and who has no prior history.

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

2 hours ago, centex said:

The lack of active accounts is the source of your problem. 

You are, for all intents and purposes on many of the models, in the same boat as a person seeking their first card and who has no prior history.

Ok. Thank you both. I am off to apply for a credit card. 

Also, what about the Experian "credit boost" feature, where they incorporate payments I am already making to vendors (phone, cable, etc). Does that have any merit?

Thank you

4 hours ago, BostonBill said:

Also, what about the Experian "credit boost" feature, where they incorporate payments I am already making to vendors (phone, cable, etc). Does that have any merit?

I wouldn't bother with that.

49 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I wouldn't bother with that.

I'm not quite so dismissive (though close).  It would have the benefit reporting history to EXP which would re-establish an EXP FICO 8 score.  But the impact is limited to EXP ... it does nothing for TU/EQ.

I believe the most expedient manner for @BostonBill to begin re-establishing credit is to open a secured card and use it monthly for 6 mo.  (He can wait and see what kind of response he gets to his proposed credit card app (presumably unsecured).  However, my gut suspicion is that coming out of BK with no credit activity since will make that a tough row to hoe.