How do I start to tackle a mountain?

I wont take much of your time and truly appreciate anything. With that being said to put it simply.
I once had good credit, hated my job, saved money and then went on to acquire a lot of credit cards.
I was reckless and acquired around 30 separate small accounts in order to purchase an inventory for a business venture.
I missed some payments and you can imagine. It became a tangled mess and I let time pass. 

I'm overwhelmed, lost but I know I need to face the music, accept my responsibilities, and clean up. I need help
because I don't think I am equipped to handle this. Is there any place that can help me? What do I do?

• Admin

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

On 5/21/2022 at 2:02 PM, x3782d said:

I wont take much of your time and truly appreciate anything. With that being said to put it simply.
I once had good credit, hated my job, saved money and then went on to acquire a lot of credit cards.
I was reckless and acquired around 30 separate small accounts in order to purchase an inventory for a business venture.
I missed some payments and you can imagine. It became a tangled mess and I let time pass. 

I'm overwhelmed, lost but I know I need to face the music, accept my responsibilities, and clean up. I need help
because I don't think I am equipped to handle this. Is there any place that can help me? What do I do?

can you be more specific on the debts? are they charged off?

You say this was for a business venture, but do not indicate whether this is personal credit or whether this is business credit.  Additionally, define 'small.'

As Hege asks...how delinquent are these?  What communications have you initiated with your lenders to try and make arrangements? 

Thanks for the responses. To go into some more detail these accounts are from my limited understanding in collections and because of the sheer number Im thinking maybe I should consolidate it but im not sure what a reputable service is or who to reachout to to handle an amount thats about 21000 across around 28 accounts that are in collections. I just dont want to get sued by everyone haha.

as per the business venture I think i made the mistake of taking the debt in my own name instead of a business. to be completely honest it really wasnt a business venture when i look back at it. it was more of getting a ton of credit cards to buy inventory or antiques then resell them at a higher price like flipping or arbitrage.