Customized Rewards Category Question

Skillz

I'll see if I can find my AXP statements from 2016/2017 to see how a similar sort of thing coded out...it won't be Citi-specific, but at least might give some insight...

In that instance, it was a combination of doctor's office with rehab gym/pool off of the main hallway.  However, I seem to remember it just coded as some form of medical.

5 hours ago, centex said:

I'll see if I can find my AXP statements from 2016/2017 to see how a similar sort of thing coded out...it won't be Citi-specific, but at least might give some insight...

In that instance, it was a combination of doctor's office with rehab gym/pool off of the main hallway.  However, I seem to remember it just coded as some form of medical.

I went ahead and paid with the Citi Custom Cash and it coded as medical (see below).  I was hoping otherwise since it wasn't affiliated directly with a doctor office or hospital.  Didn't try Discover since it's not their fitness quarter.

Spend Category
Medical Services - Not Else Where Classed

14 hours ago, Skillz said:

I went ahead and paid with the Citi Custom Cash and it coded as medical (see below).  I was hoping otherwise since it wasn't affiliated directly with a doctor office or hospital.  Didn't try Discover since it's not their fitness quarter.

Spend Category
Medical Services - Not Else Where Classed

If they are claiming to be PT-related, there is a doctor somewhere in the ownership chain...otherwise, insurance probably would never touch it for the purposes of reimbursement.  For me, a PT clinic is ONLY useful if they have something I cannot get elsewhere.  When I had the hand therapy, the uber-hot towels were nice, but the ultrasound was what I could not get elsewhere.  No need to pay for exercises and someone to watch me do them.  Ditto with the place that helped with my back injury...but once I knew what the routine was, it was nothing I could not replicate in my own pool.  The only difference was theirs was salt-water while mine was plain old tap with chlorine added...and theirs was a little warmer.