So Much for Drive Through Banking

The same thing happened here in MN last year. I went to my credit union to use the ATM and...no ATM. This was a huge machine, anchored in concrete, and they managed to pry it out and drive away with it. 

3 hours ago, 8ball said:

The same thing happened here in MN last year. I went to my credit union to use the ATM and...no ATM. This was a huge machine, anchored in concrete, and they managed to pry it out and drive away with it. 

We had a client whose brother made the 'stupid criminals' segment on a local news program.  Stole one of those large construction forklifts (not the warehouse type) and was using it to lift the machines.  Cops caught him in mid-act one night and, after he tried to run, tased the guy to such a degree that his load was lightened.  I feel sorry for whoever had to occupy that squad car for the rest of the shift...

On 5/3/2022 at 11:19 AM, hegemony said:

a couple of the hick banks near our green acres home have no ATM -- inside or outside -- because of these kinds of risks.

You know when the news talks about grocery store deserts in low income urban areas? Well sadly I can see why stores and banks don't have a presence in some crime ridden areas.

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a BofA in the not so savory part of town. 4'' bullet resistant glass on the inside separated the tellers from the riff raff. The drive up teller window was 3" thick.

When you confiscate someone's monthly government hand out to cover all the NSF fees, you are sure to end up dealing with folks who are mentally unbalanced.

13 hours ago, TheVig said:

There used to be a BofA in the not so savory part of town. 4'' bullet resistant glass on the inside separated the tellers from the riff raff. The drive up teller window was 3" thick.

When you confiscate someone's monthly government hand out to cover all the NSF fees, you are sure to end up dealing with folks who are mentally unbalanced.

What do you consider a government handout? Social Security? SSDI?

1 hour ago, StarkRaven$ said:

What do you consider a government handout? Social Security? SSDI?

I don’t consider social security a hand out. Nor disability. I guess one could argue on what really counts as a disability though. 

I also don’t believe in starving (food) minor children simply because mom and dad are losers. If I knew of a full proof way of starving mom and dad, and not the kids, I’d be all for it. 

I was more referencing welfare queens and people who simply don’t want to work, or work a job until something better comes along.