Reality Check - X1 Card

hdporter

Looking from constructive feedback from those who have this card in their wallets:

As noted separately, I'm attracted by the 3% cb rate on all annual spend, when that spend exceeds $15k.

Our first hurdle with this card is acquiring a 2nd AU card.  Interaction with the card is primarily via phone app.  Customer service appears to be only by text or email.  An attempt to text at 6:40p EDT received the message "not available for support right now.  If you still need help, please text again tomorrow."  (??!)

The app version downloaded is annotated as being the most recent, with support for "authorized user" newly added.  There's no way to request an AU via the app, so I presume this means that if you happen to find away to initiate an AU card, your AU will be able to use the app now.   ("Catch-22" for the digital age.)

My mind is rebelling at being denied the gratification of phone support (no matter the hold time).  But I admit my innate "Luddite" nature.

Bottom line question:  For those who've incorporated X1 into their regular purchasing activities, how satisfied are you with this card??

1 hour ago, Dremac82 said:

The function was JUST added yesterday. I just received an email from X1 stating I could add up to 5 card holders. 

I updated the app on Bev's cell.  Went into account settings and the Authorized User tab still says "Available Soon"

Are you able to add an AU from your phone?

Looking from constructive feedback from those who have this card in their wallets:

As noted separately, I'm attracted by the 3% cb rate on all annual spend, when that spend exceeds $15k.

Our first hurdle with this card is acquiring a 2nd AU card.  Interaction with the card is primarily via phone app.  Customer service appears to be only by text or email.  An attempt to text at 6:40p EDT received the message "not available for support right now.  If you still need help, please text again tomorrow."  (??!)

The app version downloaded is annotated as being the most recent, with support for "authorized user" newly added.  There's no way to request an AU via the app, so I presume this means that if you happen to find away to initiate an AU card, your AU will be able to use the app now.   ("Catch-22" for the digital age.)

My mind is rebelling at being denied the gratification of phone support (no matter the hold time).  But I admit my innate "Luddite" nature.

Bottom line question:  For those who've incorporated X1 into their regular purchasing activities, how satisfied are you with this card??

Got a link for this card? Is the 3% on the entire spend or only on that portion above $15k?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2022 at 11:31 PM, PotO said:

Got a link for this card? Is the 3% on the entire spend or only on that portion above $15k?

https://x1creditcard.com/

They say no credit check, approval and limit based on income.  You have to attach your primary bank accounts via Plaid, so they can look-see.

Careful adding a bank where you have both checking and savings...they may make the savings the primary account for card payment...which is then all sorts of effed.

I was able to just delete all bank accounts added by Plaid, and manually enter the checking I wanted.

Let me know if you want an invite to skip the line - I get a 4x bonus for a month and so do you, on approval, and my last bonus month is just about over.

https://x1creditcard.com/

They say no credit check, approval and limit based on income.  You have to attach your primary bank accounts via Plaid, so they can look-see.

Careful adding a bank where you have both checking and savings...they may make the savings the primary account for card payment...which is then all sorts of effed.

I was able to just delete all bank accounts added by Plaid, and manually enter the checking I wanted.

Let me know if you want an invite to skip the line - I get a 4x bonus for a month and so do you, on approval, and my last bonus month is just about over.

Sure, I will give it a try.

4 hours ago, brainchasm said:

In other news, Authorized User feature is now active.  Just added my girl.

< I've just cursed a modest blue streak ... >

I updated the iOS app and no option to add an AU popped into the menus.  Under "Help", for AU it still says "Coming soon".  So I tried downloading the Android app to a different phone.  Same result.

Please share the app type and your version so that I can troubleshoot this further.  (For that matter, can you step me through how you get to the option to add an AU once you pull up the X1 app,  just in case I've overlooked something?  Thanks!!)