I have a question about collections accounts

Hello,

I have a closed account showing on my credit reports for First Premiere Bank Mastercard in the amount of $950.00. According to Credit Karma, this is not showing on my credit reports as a collections account, but as a closed account.

I recently got an email from a collections agency, that says they purchased this account from First Premiere Bank, and they wanted me to pay off the balance, either in a reduced one time payment, or monthly payments. I do not want a collection to appear on my credit report.

So my questions is: If I do not agree to pay off the balance will a collections show up on my credit reports? And if I do agree to pay off the balance, will a collections show up on my credit reports anyway?

Thank you

• Admin

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Kiwi94

Important Information

Guidelines