I didn't know???

fiveyearplan66

PFD, are easier than I last remember?  I found out Portfolio offers PFD's now without the haggle. They even mention it on the website, hopefully that is good news for me.  I have 6 charge offs and they're the collection agency that the debs were sold to. I am going to make offers of 60% on each one-of them?  I wonder how much of an increase will I see? The total debt is around $8k 

I would spend 200 on arbitration before I would give those clowns 4800. They will NOT arbitrate, they have refused so often AAA won't even take a case with their name on it. Once they refuse, they cannot go back to court. Game over. You could really jerk them around  by filing six arb cases (one for each creditor and yes, it is allowed because each contract is specific to the bank)  if you have 1200 to use for now; you could sue them later to get it back. 

Once they refuse to arbitrate the leverage is on your side; you can do all sorts of nsaty stuff to them, like filing a motion to compel arbitration under US9 in federal court. They'll love you for that. Their usual response to a litigation terrorist who knows what they are doing is to throw money at them, and of course to delete all tradelines.

22 hours ago, fiveyearplan66 said:

PFD, are easier than I last remember?  I found out Portfolio offers PFD's now without the haggle. They even mention it on the website, hopefully that is good news for me.  I have 6 charge offs and they're the collection agency that the debs were sold to. I am going to make offers of 60% on each one-of them?  I wonder how much of an increase will I see? The total debt is around $8k 

are they out of SOL? IF so, you can probably settle for less assuming you think there is value in paying for the deletion. If these are not your only reasons for a low FICO score removing them may not help a lot.

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

are they out of SOL? IF so, you can probably settle for less assuming you think there is value in paying for the deletion. If these are not your only reasons for a low FICO score removing them may not help a lot.

Yes, they are. My only question would be, if the collection is deleted through pfd does the charge off come off as well, too??

16 hours ago, legaleagle2012 said:

I would spend 200 on arbitration before I would give those clowns 4800. They will NOT arbitrate, they have refused so often AAA won't even take a case with their name on it. Once they refuse, they cannot go back to court. Game over. You could really jerk them around  by filing six arb cases (one for each creditor and yes, it is allowed because each contract is specific to the bank)  if you have 1200 to use for now; you could sue them later to get it back. 

Once they refuse to arbitrate the leverage is on your side; you can do all sorts of nsaty stuff to them, like filing a motion to compel arbitration under US9 in federal court. They'll love you for that. Their usual response to a litigation terrorist who knows what they are doing is to throw money at them, and of course to delete all tradelines.

Sounds like a lengthy process??

11 hours ago, fiveyearplan66 said:

Yes, they are. My only question would be, if the collection is deleted through pfd does the charge off come off as well, too??

The Charge Off from the Original Creditor remains on your reports.  Portfolio can only remove what they put on.